Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Commencement question (YourPace)
If I am short 3 classes at the end of the spring session, can I participate in the commencement activities and finish the program the following session?  Or will I have to wait until the following year?
You can graduate this year, but won't get to commencement until the next time... I think they host one main commencement, and maybe one or two virtual commencements for those who graduate in different semesters.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • rrrr
(02-20-2024, 01:59 PM)rrrr Wrote: If I am short 3 classes at the end of the spring session, can I participate in the commencement activities and finish the program the following session?  Or will I have to wait until the following year?

I can offer you a good price on the Brooklyn Bridge.  I also have some under water recreation property in Florida.  Trust me.
(02-20-2024, 01:59 PM)rrrr Wrote: If I am short 3 classes at the end of the spring session, can I participate in the commencement activities and finish the program the following session?  Or will I have to wait until the following year?
I looked this up and my interpretation of the rules is... Maybe?

Graduation Participation Policy
Students whose degree requirements will not be completed prior to the graduation ceremony in May will still be permitted to participate in the ceremony provided that at least ONE of the following criteria has been met:

The student has 6 credits or fewer remaining, or;
The student has two courses or fewer remaining, or;
The student only needs to complete student teaching, an internship, or a practicum as the final part of their program, or;
The student has developed a plan, with the approval of their faculty and professional academic advisors, to complete all remaining requirements by the conclusion of the subsequent fall semester. The plan must show that the student will be eligible to receive their degree before the start of the next spring semester, and a copy of this plan must be on file with the Registrar’s Office.
For options 1, 2, or 3, all requirements must be anticipated to be completed by the following December.
http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?catoid=6&navoid=241

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

There are 2 spring terms. You're in Spring 1 right now. Spring 2 doesn't begin until March. You have plenty of time to get 3 courses completed. If you have 3 courses remaining, you cannot graduate nor can you participate in Commencement. Graduation takes place at the end of each term so there are 6 graduation dates every year. There is 1 in person Commencement in May on campus and 1 virtual Commencement in June.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does UMPI YourPace accept Credly Transcripts? SophiaPrincess 5 326 05-09-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  2024 Summer Sessions -- What is YOURPace? ashkir 8 621 05-03-2024, 08:21 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 8 653 04-29-2024, 10:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 399 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  need advice on YourPace BBA Project Mgmt and Info Systems EducationSeeker 4 284 04-19-2024, 06:22 PM
  Commencement Announcement umpistudent 9 346 04-18-2024, 12:29 AM
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 307 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 415 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  YourPace to regular online courses? RachelB 17 933 04-05-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,763 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: ss20ts