Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Math Clep- Is IC overkill, and how many questions are fill in blanks?
I've searched through the forums for this, and just had a few questions for y'all who have taken this clep.

How many of you think IC is overkill? Or not enough?

How many questions on the test are fill in the blank? This is kindof scaring me.

I really am having a tough time with the probability. Any links to resources on this?

Thanks! This is my last clep so I want to make sure I pass it!
US History I- 74
Western Civ I- 63
A&I Lit- 74
American Lit.- 77
English Lit. 74
Humanities 77
Information Systems and Computer applications 61
US History 2- 72
Social Sciences-67
Natural Sciences- 54
College Composition- 59
College Math- 67
Macro 56
Micro 62
Western Civ 2 68
Management 62
Marketing 68
Intro Psych 68
Ed Psych 64
Human Growth & Development 54
Sociology 58
There are fill in the blank's on the college math?!?!?! :leaving:
This site CLEP * College Mathematics Study Guide does a great job of preparing someone to pass the CLEP College Mathematics exam. As many people have posted many times, do not even look at the Peterson's practice test for College Mathematics because they are not at all representative of the actual test.

The CLEP Official Study Guide has an excellent practice test that will let you accurately know what to expect. Don't buy it from the College Board official website. Buy it from Amazon for $10 less. Amazon.com: CLEP Official Study Guide 2012 (9780874479768): The College Board: Books

If you don't understand complex numbers already, don't waste your time learning them. It's too much effort for too few points. If you're still not convinced, look at my score on this exam. :-)
63 CLEP Sociology
75 CLEP U.S. History II
63 CLEP College Algebra
70 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature
68 DSST Technical Writing
72 CLEP U.S. History I
77 CLEP College Mathematics
470 DSST Statistics
53 CLEP College Composition
73 CLEP Biology
54 CLEP Chemistry
77 CLEP Information Systems and Computer Applications
Thanks! Actually the complex numbers don't scare me, especially because I know they're barely anything on the test, but probability does!

I have been going through the clepinfo.com, but thanks for letting me know I'm on the right track!
US History I- 74
Western Civ I- 63
A&I Lit- 74
American Lit.- 77
English Lit. 74
Humanities 77
Information Systems and Computer applications 61
US History 2- 72
Social Sciences-67
Natural Sciences- 54
College Composition- 59
College Math- 67
Macro 56
Micro 62
Western Civ 2 68
Management 62
Marketing 68
Intro Psych 68
Ed Psych 64
Human Growth & Development 54
Sociology 58
maybe about 5 fill in the blank.
also see my link in the specific exam feedback for more resources. barrons was great. i think it had good info about probability. try idiots guide also. for probability, i think that OR (what's the probability of picking 2 apples OR 2 oranges), means +, and AND means X. of course u need to figure this out yourself, unless u read idiots!
After studying solely using IC, I tried to take the practice exams from the official study guide and I averaged a 51. So I picked up the official CLEP study guide and studied from there too. I took the test today and scored a 56. Not too much more, but having explanations from a different perspective helped me.

In my exam, I came across a variety of different things. But what stuck out more were the statistic questions. I think I got a lot more of those than any other category. I had a few fill in the blanks, a few choose which categories, but most of them were multiple choice.

My background with math is that I haven't used or learned any of it in about 10 years and I only studied for about 1.5 weeks before taking the test. Don't know if that changes anything.
If you are still studying/looking, go here for probability:

khanacademy.com

Sal breaks down everything you need to know for the test.

BTW, combinations, permutations, and probability constitutes a fair percentage of the exam I took.

Also, the Official CLEP "Study Guide" (just tests only, lousy name) is dead-on accurate for what my test looked like.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
I think khanacademy.org is awesome. It's helping me a lot. refreshing my memory on math and algebra. but also I went to my local library and borrow books about the clep math, algebra and also the SAT ACT, KAPLAN its so helpful..
I'm not sure why people are asking about "fill in the blanks" as CLEP only has multiple choice as your options for answers. Yes, there might be a blank in the problem, but you still have one answer from the multiple choice possibilities to choose from. There are no "show your work for credit" problems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,984 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,774 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,048 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Are discussion questions becoming irrelevant with AI?? Vle045 26 1,340 08-19-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,352 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 7 625 07-23-2024, 05:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Affordable Math degree for non-US (international) citizen OtterDen 22 1,589 07-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: OtterDen
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 448 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 763 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 298 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox