Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
College Comp Possibility
Hi, I was wondering if it is still possible to pass the college comp clep, with a 4 and 2 for the essay? Grading myself, but I compared my essays to the official clep study guides, so I am thinking those are reasonable scores. First essay I believe I did fairly well on, but the second one was a disaster, lost track of time, didn't even really finish the third paragraph and rushed the ending. I believe I did well on the 50 multiple choice.
Anyway asking because found out my college will not accept the clep modular which is the one I already took (passed that one).

Also if you choose not to have the scores sent to a college, how do you get your score? And does anyone know how long it usually takes?
I don't know much about the specific scoring, but you will get a score report in the mail for your personal knowledge whether you decide to report to a school or not. If you do a google search, collegeboard publishes an estimated grading schedule based on a cut-off date.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it for you (it stops at july of this year so look out for an updated list if you need it):

https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/di...-dates.pdf

Also, don't know if this helps:

https://clep.collegeboard.org/scoring/essays
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Prloko Wrote:I don't know much about the specific scoring, but you will get a score report in the mail for your personal knowledge whether you decide to report to a school or not. If you do a google search, collegeboard publishes an estimated grading schedule based on a cut-off date.

EDIT: Never mind, I found it for you (it stops at july of this year so look out for an updated list if you need it):

https://secure-media.collegeboard.org/di...-dates.pdf

Also, don't know if this helps:

https://clep.collegeboard.org/scoring/essays

Just hope I passed, the time really killed me on the second one, even though 10 mins more. Adding other people words into your own is just a lot harder.

Anyway really I hope I pass, 3 more tests and I have completed the requirements for my degree, it would really suck if technically (as modular qualifies as 101) composition 102 held me up.

Would TESC accept straigterline Eng Comp II as 102?

Also is it proctored as it does not mention like usual under the course description?

As the TECEP and straighterline would be my next best options, the uexcel is $400 (no way), that is basically the same price as the class at the community college near me.
johnjaxs Wrote:Just hope I passed, the time really killed me on the second one, even though 10 mins more. Adding other people words into your own is just a lot harder.

Anyway really I hope I pass, 3 more tests and I have completed the requirements for my degree, it would really suck if technically (as modular qualifies as 101) composition 102 held me up.

Would TESC accept straigterline Eng Comp II as 102?

Also is it proctored as it does not mention like usual under the course description?

As the TECEP and straighterline would be my next best options, the uexcel is $400 (no way), that is basically the same price as the class at the community college near me.

I'm sure you probably passed. Relax until you get your test results, no need to fret. If for some reason you do not pass, just take the ENC-102 TECEP. You're allowed to bring study aids with you (an english comp text and dictionary!). My spouse passed the TECEP with little study.

I would also recommend you review the purdue owl for different citing formats. Don't waste your time with SL or UExcel on this one.
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACCUMULATING ACCOUNTING CREDITS for CPA - WHAT COLLEGE TO USE AND FROM WHOM? germ 9 2,807 09-27-2024, 06:03 PM
Last Post: turbotortuga
  Free College Hack - Italian or Hungarian Ancestry nykorn 8 746 09-27-2024, 03:37 PM
Last Post: naet
  2025 - College Rankings, 5 ups and 5 downs bjcheung77 0 148 09-25-2024, 11:20 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 174,029 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,838 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,229 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  'Duped': Students of UA's new online college can't get jobs, say school misled them o smartdegree 12 1,430 07-31-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  College or university isn't what it's cracked up to be... bjcheung77 3 466 07-14-2024, 10:58 AM
  Free college for "Senior citizens" jb111 6 832 07-07-2024, 06:55 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Next Frontier for College Sports: Cornhole Scholarships LevelUP 1 319 07-01-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: lisarox