Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Clemson University online Master of Science in Computer Science (Coursera)
Just came across this new online MSCS degree on Coursera. It's performance-based admission, complete two courses and you're in. This is quite similar to the CU Boulder online MSCS degree also available on Coursera, but this one is priced at $20k, which is $5k more than CU Boulder.
https://blog.coursera.org/clemson-univer...plication/
https://news.clemson.edu/clemson-announc...-coursera/
In Progress
Georgia Tech OMSCS Cool
Enrolled: 01/2024 (2 down, 8 to go!)
Completed
TESU BA Computer Science & ASNSM Mathematics
Conferred: 09/2023
Excelsior University BS Psychology 
Conferred: 02/2023

[-] The following 2 users Like frankc's post:
  • ifomonay, LevelUP
For those looking to get into MS IT that is very similar can look at the $15K from here, Illinois Tech: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/mas-inf...inois-tech
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • frankc, ifomonay
Great find! I agree this is similar to CU Boulder in that it is performance-based admission. At first I thought the Clemson people didn't do good market research and over-priced the degree by $5k. However, I do see the value add for that extra $5k. They say there are "collaborative projects", so it sounds like the GT OMSCS experience. But GT isn't performance-based. Also, like GT, it's a full 16-week semester.
This is a great find. If you have 20 grand and if you're best shot at getting into an MSCS program is by performance-based measures, then this is completely worth it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ifomonay's post:
  • frankc
(06-13-2024, 08:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: For those looking to get into MS IT that is very similar can look at the $15K from here, Illinois Tech: https://www.coursera.org/degrees/mas-inf...inois-tech

Depending on where you live, the Clemson name would go much further than Illinois Tech. Clemson is a big deal in the South.
(06-14-2024, 03:24 AM)ifomonay Wrote: Great find! I agree this is similar to CU Boulder in that it is performance-based admission. At first I thought the Clemson people didn't do good market research and over-priced the degree by $5k. However, I do see the value add for that extra $5k. They say there are "collaborative projects", so it sounds like the GT OMSCS experience. But GT isn't performance-based. Also, like GT, it's a full 16-week semester.
This is a great find. If you have 20 grand and if you're best shot at getting into an MSCS program is by performance-based measures, then this  is completely worth it.

Lol what? I live in IL and would choose Clemson over IL Tech 100x over. 5k is nothing if you are going into CS
(06-14-2024, 07:35 PM)Duneranger Wrote:
(06-14-2024, 03:24 AM)ifomonay Wrote: Great find! I agree this is similar to CU Boulder in that it is performance-based admission. At first I thought the Clemson people didn't do good market research and over-priced the degree by $5k. However, I do see the value add for that extra $5k. They say there are "collaborative projects", so it sounds like the GT OMSCS experience. But GT isn't performance-based. Also, like GT, it's a full 16-week semester.
This is a great find. If you have 20 grand and if you're best shot at getting into an MSCS program is by performance-based measures, then this  is completely worth it.

Lol what? I live in IL and would choose Clemson over IL Tech 100x over. 5k is nothing if you are going into CS

"GT" is Georgia Tech not Illinois Tech. But the $5k comparison was between CU Boulder (15k) and Clemson (20k). Both are performance-based. The question is why would you pay 5k more for two schools with similar reputation? I'm saying that if you're getting a similar student experience like GT ("GT" is Georgia Tech), but you don't want to go through a normal admission process, it may be worth paying the extra $5k (again, comparing to CU which also bypasses the traditional application process)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "ACCREDITED CHEAPEST MASTERS" in the WORLD. +Online Degree Geonho Lee 11 788 1 hour ago
Last Post: Geonho Lee
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,234 723,943 Yesterday, 08:17 PM
Last Post: pj56
  European Center for Education in Business and Science (ECEBiS) Travis_CVUgrad 0 114 09-25-2024, 07:10 PM
Last Post: Travis_CVUgrad
  Need Help Choosing an Online MBA Program coolvodka89@gmail.com 5 241 09-24-2024, 05:51 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Central Washington University (CWU) FlexIT Pro dbmw 3 211 09-23-2024, 10:33 PM
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 14 1,474 09-23-2024, 10:26 PM
  Coming Soon to Amberton University ss20ts 0 118 09-23-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 31 12,494 09-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Geonho Lee
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 185 19,023 09-22-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 95 16,787 09-19-2024, 02:09 PM
Last Post: KMS