Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cheapest RA self-paced college courses
fwiw, the American Council on Education lists a large number of CSUs who have joined the -College-and-University-Network.aspx" target="_blank" class="mycode_url">ACE CREDITÂ College and University Network, agreeing to "consider ACE credit recommendations for transfer to degree programs."

In cases like this in large organizations it seems common that one hand may not know what the other does.
California State University, on their systemwide website Wrote:Credit for Instruction in Non-Collegiate Settings

CSU grants undergraduate degree credit for successful completion of non-collegiate instruction appropriate to the baccalaureate, either military or civilian, as recommended by the Commission on Educational Credit and Credentials of the American Council on Education (ACE). The number of units allowed are those recommended in the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experience in the Armed Services and the National Guide to Educational Credit for Training Programs. Purely technical lower division coursework may not receive baccalaureate credit.
California State University: Troops to College: Transferring Academic Credit

Now, it's possible that this provision is only made for military-related personnel. Though, the main page for "Troops to College" does say the program is addressed to active duty, veteran, and military spouses and family. And the passage above explicitly includes "military or civilian" non-collegiate credit recommended by ACE.

They might have determined that this or any Straighterline course specifically wasn't "appropriate to the baccalaureate." But there certainly seems to be provision here for CSUs to accept ACE credit recommendations, explicitly including credit from civilian sources.
How hard is the Freshman Composition CLEP? If its not too difficult, I would have no objection taking it rather than doing another course.
Jonathan Whatley Wrote:In cases like this in large organizations it seems common that one hand may not know what the other does.

I could most certainly believe this. I was able to contact a department at a community college and get the chairperson to accept credit that the main evaluators of the Alamo College system would not accept. Anyway, like I said before, Straighterline was going off of reports from students. That is not lying.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
humboldtjake Wrote:How hard is the Freshman Composition CLEP? If its not too difficult, I would have no objection taking it rather than doing another course.

If you've already taken and passed the straighterline course, you should be able to take the college composition CLEP with no problem.

I do think that it's kind of strange for a school to accept CLEP but not straighterline.
publius2k4 Wrote:I do think that it's kind of strange for a school to accept CLEP but not straighterline.
This is actually common. CLEP is accepted more widely than Straighterline.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Beginners Guide To Getting Cheap/Fast College Credit bjcheung77 17 172,970 09-16-2024, 07:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 525 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,769 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,695 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 352 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,742 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Question about the 1 credit RA self-paced class from ASU sparkling 6 1,936 08-28-2024, 10:42 AM
  Self-paced online college without essay? Nickinspace 18 2,039 08-27-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: wow
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,657 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 347 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger