Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP info systems and comp analysis
now that i'm done with my first exam, i need to move on with my next one, which is...info sys. and comp analysis >.<

i'm not sure what to think about this exam b/c even though the general consensus is that this exam is "easy", i've seen in recent posts that people aren't happy with their results or are surprised about their score. so can anyone tell me what other materials you use besides IC? ie: which additional books? programs? ...so far i only have IC, collegeboard book, and the free peterson exams. but i'm not sure if that's enough to pass the exam.

thanks so much! =]
I used IC to study for the CLEP Info Systems, but didn't pass the test. I had looked for something else to study from, but hadn't been able to find anything that looked like it would work. A couple of days later, I took the Dantes Intro to Computers and passed with an A. If possible, just don't take the CLEP version; take the Dantes, as the pass rate appears to be more predictable.
tcc Wrote:I used IC to study for the CLEP Info Systems, but didn't pass the test. I had looked for something else to study from, but hadn't been able to find anything that looked like it would work. A couple of days later, I took the Dantes Intro to Computers and passed with an A. If possible, just don't take the CLEP version; take the Dantes, as the pass rate appears to be more predictable.

oi, that's starting to worry me b/c i HAVE to take the CLEP version Sad i'm surprised there aren't any study guides/books for this particular CLEP exam. even REA doesn't have one Sad
Despite the fact that I practically live online, I'm not savvy about computers. I didn't use the Peterson's tests, although I did use the Dantes practice tests as part of my studying. Everyone says that the Peterson's tests are harder than the actual CLEPs, so if you can get a good score on the one for Info Systems, you are sure to get a passing grade! Also, keep in mind that the vast majority of people who take this test DO say it's easy.
Hi,

New here. Info systems and computers is not my cup of tea and I agonized for a while when taking the test. Only studied IC and Petersons. I felt like a hero when I found out I got a 50.
1more Wrote:Hi,

New here. Info systems and computers is not my cup of tea and I agonized for a while when taking the test. Only studied IC and Petersons. I felt like a hero when I found out I got a 50.

Welcome to the forums 1more! And CONGRATULATIONS on your pass! It doesn't get any closer than that!!

Good luck with your studies,

JoAnne Big Grin
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
This was the first CLEP I took and while I was taking it I was a bit worried. But, I ended up with a 63 and I used Instantcert exclusively. I think I studied for about 2 or 3 hours a day for like 4 days. I would consider my computer knowledge to be above average but there was alot on the test that was new to me...If you study well you should do fine. Good luck!
[COLOR="DarkOliveGreen"]Hi, I'm Robert
58.33 Traditional classroom credits
6 CLEP credits so far...Scores:
Info Sys & Comp. Applications-63
Intro to Sociology-70
Going for either BA in History or BS in General Business (or both) from Excelsior[/COLOR]
just got a 54 on it =D i thought i completely failed it... but I used IC all the way. Nothing else to prepare for the exam.
I can't find it on the CLEP web site. Thanks.
Here it is. Smile
Bachelor of Arts, 2008
87 Traditional Credits
27 Exam Credits
6 FEMA Credits

M.A., 2010  

*Now Homeschooling

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 13 2,778 09-14-2024, 07:37 AM
Last Post: upgradelately
  CBE program for data analysis or data science? FreeAgnes 3 423 08-22-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: Leojames26
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,834 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  International GCSE Sciences (EU/UK) Info bjcheung77 6 495 05-07-2024, 07:54 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 3,171 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 653 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 677 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Quantitative Analysis: CSM vs Coopersmith? SCYankee 6 739 03-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Comp 2 umpi yourpace Mike Williams 3 862 01-01-2023, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 2,200 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket