Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Study Time
I am going to be taking like 80 credits worth of CLEPS for a B.S. Degree in Business from Excelsior.

Do you think 2 Weeks of studying for one CLEP at a time is doable/ enough to pass the cleps?
I'm thinking:
One Hour a night during the week and 4 hours each weekend day.
So in total: 26 Hours of studying for each CLEP?

Thank you for your responses....
Excelmywayup Wrote:I am going to be taking like 80 credits worth of CLEPS for a B.S. Degree in Business from Excelsior.

Do you think 2 Weeks of studying for one CLEP at a time is doable/ enough to pass the cleps?
I'm thinking:
One Hour a night during the week and 4 hours each weekend day.
So in total: 26 Hours of studying for each CLEP?

Thank you for your responses....

I think that's more than enough depending on your learning style. For almost all of my tests I took a couple of hours each night and some time on the weekend.. well for the easier tests, I would start studying on a Sunday evening and then take the test on a Thurs or Fri. For the difficult tests (M&B, BL II, Finance) I spent probably 4 hours a day on the weekends too.

You should try it out and see how it goes. If you're like me, you will find that 2 weeks is maybe a little too much. By the end of the second week, I would be totally bored with the topic and probably start to forget the info I'd learned at the beginning of week 1 lol. Smile However, some people here (that usually score higher than I do) take 3-4 weeks, so it will boil down to your personal preference, study habits, learning style, interest in the topic, and real-life experience. I didn't need to study as much for tests that I already knew something about from work for example.

HTH!
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
It really depends on your learning ability and style. I've noticed that I'm far slower paced at studying than most people. Even for the supposed "easy" exams, I'd need to study a lot more than that. You might be different, but I'm just saying it's hard to get an accurate judgement from others on this, it's very individual.

I agree with Mian, it depends on your learning style.
I'm a far slower learner, so I didn't take any chances in rushing things. I averaged about a month for each exam. I'm just that slow, and of course, work would get in the way. But I wanted to be very sure that I would pass. I think I only rushed my last exam, the Middle East test so I could meet the graduation deadline. I think it was about 10 days of cramming for that one.
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][SIZE="2"]Excelsior College - DONE[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]AAS-[SIZE="1"]2009[/SIZE], BSLS-[SIZE="1"]2010[/SIZE] [/SIZE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B][SIZE="2"]Thomas Edison State College - DONE[/SIZE]
[SIZE="2"]BA in History[/SIZE]-[SIZE="1"]2011[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[SIZE="2"]Texas A&M University Central Texas[/SIZE]
Master of Arts in History - 18/36 SH

CLEPs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Spanish, Freshman Comp, English Comp w/ Essay, Social Science & Hist, Info Sys & Comp App, Intro Sociology, Prin of Mngmt, American Gov , US History I, US History II, Western Civ I, Western Civ II[/SIZE][/SIZE]
DSSTs Passed
[SIZE="1"][SIZE="1"]Civil War & Reconstruction, Rise & Fall of Soviet Union, History of Vietnam War, Intro Modern Middle East, Western Europe Since 1945, Drug and Alcohol, Here's to Your Hlth, Intro To Comp, Prin of Sup, Technical Writing, Prin of Physical Science I[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Quote: There are no stupid questions, only stupid people. "Mr. Garrison"[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="2"]
Shoto-Advice:
:iagree:
[SIZE="3"]"[/SIZE]EC[SIZE="3"]"[/SIZE]
"CCU"
"Prayer"
"A Pass is a Pass"
"Slow and Steady - Wins the Race"
[B][I]“Sometimes The Easy Way Is Not Always The Best Way”

"Passing a Petersons = Conquering a CLEP -or- Defeating a DSST"
"The 5 R's of Study: Repetition - Re-Enforces - Recognition - Recall - Retention"[/B][/I]
"Always be Ready to Release Your Mind & Incorporate the Advice of Others into Your Plans."
"Studying is much like Boiling Water, if it is not Heated Constantly it will Once Again Become Cold Water."

Other Sources of CLEP & DSST Study Material
[SIZE="3"]REA Books, Comex Books, Pass Your Class Guides, Standard Deviants DVD's, Petersons Practice Exams, [COLOR="Gold"]Dummies Books, Idiot's Guides [/COLOR]. Big Grin[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Navy"]
[SIZE="3"]Study Time: How I Did It…[/SIZE]

Pre-Study-Prep: Obtain or set up whatever materials I will need to study (IC Flashcards, REA Books, Standard Deviants Videos, Pass-Your-Class Guides, and Petersons Practice Exams.

Week One: Begin to read books, review flashcards, watch videos. Call your test center and make an appointment in advance as they sometimes require a few weeks advance notice)

Week Two: Re-read books, review flashcards, watch videos Take 1-2 practice exams

Week Three: Continue to review all materials, take additional/final practice exams. You should be passing these with room to spare. Take real exam at end of the week and PASS.

Note you should have at this point already acquired pre-study-prep materials for your next exam so as not to waste time.[/COLOR]
[SIZE="1"].................[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Seeking interviewees with non-accredited/non-traditional degrees for Ohio State Study mitchell1857 0 110 09-10-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: mitchell1857
  Large study of over 10,000 participants showed the top 5 careers for millionaires LevelUP 7 463 08-31-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Decide your path of study... bjcheung77 2 233 07-25-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  DSST Scoring Wait Time TestMan314 0 171 07-18-2024, 02:42 PM
Last Post: TestMan314
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 8 1,798 05-18-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Spyrine
  Commencement Time Again Charles Fout 1 247 05-09-2024, 07:18 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 791 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to Study Deetzin 3 447 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 1,129 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 2,897 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77