Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CLEP Essay
I am going to take the CLEP English Composition with the essay in about a week. I feel like I know the material well as far as the multiple choice goes but I am concerned about the essay question. I was searching the forums and a large amount of people were saying that they had no idea when the essay came. Does anyone have some advice for preparingSad ? What are some of the topics that they will ask? Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
sammi loesch
loesch Wrote:I am going to take the CLEP English Composition with the essay in about a week. I feel like I know the material well as far as the multiple choice goes but I am concerned about the essay question. I was searching the forums and a large amount of people were saying that they had no idea when the essay came. Does anyone have some advice for preparingSad ? What are some of the topics that they will ask? Anything would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

loesch,

Did you read all of the posts for the CLEP English Comp exams in the Specific Exam Feedback section?? These posts give a LOT of excellent information and guidance for this exam, including the essay part.

Here is the direct link: http://www.instantcertonline.com/forums/...-clep.html

Good luck!

JoAnne Smile
BS - General Business - June 2007
Excelsior College
yes I did look and the other threads but I was still wondering what the topics are going to be like. A large amount of people posted really useful information. Thanks
sammi loesch
My essay question read to the effect of the following, to wit:

"Write an essay noting in what ways you agree or disagree with this statement:

Average workers are beneficial to society, but, really brilliant minds are the catapults of true progress."
Southron Boy

CLEP: English Comp w/ essay, English Comp w/o essay, American Gov't, U.S. History I, A & I Lit, Humanities, Intro Sociology, Intro to Psyc, Human Growth & Development, Intro to Ed Psyc, Prin of Management, Prin of Marketing, Business Law

DSST: Technical Writing
I'd be tempted to respond "Ayn Rand." I think that covers both the agreement part and the rationale part.
Excelsior, BS, pursuing degree

Completed:
CLEP: Hum. (67), Hist. of U.S. I (74), Hist. of U.S. II (71), Intro. Psych. (69), Intro. Soc. (72), Soc. Sci. and Hist. (74), Western Civ I (72), Western Civ II (70), Am. Lit. (60), Intro. to Educ. Psych. (62), P. of Management (74), P. of Market. (74), Intro. Bus. Law (67), P. of Accounting (60), AmGov (68)
DSST: Ethics in Am. (76), P. of Super.(67), HRM (65), Intro to Bus. (70), MIS (65), P. of Fin (62), M&B (65), P. of Stat. (68)
ECE: OB (B)
TECEP:: IntFin, SecAna

Others

Total Credits: 129
Actually, technically I don't think you're supposed to tell other folks the questions......but when I took mine, it was a VERY general question that was not hard to form an opinion and come up with examples about. I gather from other folks who have said stuff that it's pretty much been the same for them. I was VERY nervous about my test but the topic turned out to be one I could easily deal with. I got a 75 on the exam.
thanks for all the input. i am taking it wednesday so ill let you know how i do Big Grin
sammi loesch
loesch Wrote:thanks for all the input. i am taking it wednesday so ill let you know how i do Big Grin

We'll definitely keep you in our prayers.
Big Grin Matymus Primehilarious
Waterloo, NY
Excelsior College
B.S. General Business, Class of 2008

Fall 2011 - currently pursuing Pre-Pharmacy
Thanks The way I have learned is that I can only study so much but the rest I have to rely on God's strength
sammi loesch

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which essay sounds better? ChatGPT A or a Paraphrased version B? bjcheung77 5 759 08-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Last Post: davewill
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 512 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,851 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 852 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,322 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Freshman College Comp w/essay mom2school 12 2,346 03-15-2022, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  What the New York Times College Cancel Culture Essay Gets Wrong About Censorship LevelUP 2 716 03-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,644 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,281 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,239 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az