Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
CLEA Masstercursos master course
After (as it appears) WES shut the door, it looks like CLEA and the Consortium are now focusing on IEE. The question becomes, is that focus based on positive reviews of their Masters degrees by IEE, or wishful speculation?
(09-10-2023, 02:29 PM)eLearner Wrote: After (as it appears) WES shut the door, it looks like CLEA and the Consortium are now focusing on IEE. The question becomes, is that focus based on positive reviews of their Masters degrees by IEE, or wishful speculation?

Probably speculation based on how IEE has evaluated Master Propios in the past, i.e. Universidad Isabel I/ENEB.  IEE may evaluate CLEA as a regionally accredited institution / non-accredited program instead of a graduate certificate since it is located in Mexico which is a little different than Spain because Mexican universities can issue degrees without government oversight (RVOE) like Universidad Azteca does frequently for all degree levels.  I believe CLEA and Universidad Azteca's degrees would be given the same recognition with the non-accredited program message while Spanish Master Titulo Propios won't get the non-accredited status but rather a graduate studies or certificate recognition.

It depends on what part of the Consortium would be evaluated.   Like UI1/ENEB, it is integration by parts type evaluation in regards to one entity of the consortium instead of the whole.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: Probably speculation based on how IEE has evaluated Master Propios in the past, i.e. Universidad Isabel I/ENEB.  IEE may evaluate CLEA as a regionally accredited institution / non-accredited program instead of a graduate certificate since it is located in Mexico which is a little different than Spain because Mexican universities can issue degrees without government oversight (RVOE) like Universidad Azteca does frequently for all degree levels.  I believe CLEA and Universidad Azteca's degrees would be given the same recognition with the non-accredited program message while Spanish Master Titulo Propios won't get the non-accredited status but rather a graduate studies or certificate recognition.

It depends on what part of the Consortium would be evaluated.   Like UI1/ENEB, it is integration by parts type evaluation in regards to one entity of the consortium instead of the whole.

I don't know the quality of the Master Cursos programs, but the 3,000 ECTS one would be a great deal if it's able to get favorable FCE reviews, and it's not that common to see one with that many ECTS attached, so I imagine they are testing that out to see if it gets people over the hump with evaluators like ECE that come up with junk reasoning to deny a foreign graduate degrees their full recognition. A number of U.S. FCEs take the position that 1500 ECTS is only equivalent to 1 year of post-Bachelor's studies. I've only known of that changing with Spanish Master's degrees when they're official, but even then you can find examples from Europe where U.S. FCEs recognized a grad degree from that region as less than that.
Hmm, are you referring to a program with 3000 hours and not 3000 ECTS? Something like this one here: https://www.masstercursos.com/p/master-p...ia-clinica
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • eLearner
(09-15-2023, 11:58 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm, are you referring to a program with 3000 hours and not 3000 ECTS? Something like this one here: https://www.masstercursos.com/p/master-p...ia-clinica

Exactly that, and I totally messed up in my post. Let me give it oooone more try (lol):

I don't know the quality of the Master Cursos programs, but the 300 ECTS one would be a great deal if it's able to get favorable FCE reviews, and it's not that common to see one with that many ECTS attached, so I imagine they are testing that out to see if it gets people over the hump with evaluators like ECE that come up with junk reasoning to deny foreign graduate degrees their full recognition. A number of U.S. FCEs (ECE in particular) take the position that a 150 ECTS Master's is only equivalent to a 4-year Bachelor's degree, with the foreign Master's counting as year 4. I've only known of that changing with Spanish Master's degrees when they're official, but even then you can find examples from Europe where U.S. FCEs recognized a grad degree from that region as less than a Master's or Doctorate.
Master Cursos has one course at 3000 hours and 120 ECTS. Most of the rest are 1600 hours and 64 ECTS. A few are 640 hours and 26 ECTS.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MichaelGates's post:
  • eLearner
(09-16-2023, 02:08 PM)MichaelGates Wrote: Master Cursos has one course at 3000 hours and 120 ECTS. Most of the rest are 1600 hours and 64 ECTS. A few are 640 hours and 26 ECTS.

Yep, I messed up again, lol. That's what happens when you take on too many projects and your sleep hours are low, smh.
(07-15-2023, 10:48 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Where does it show you the pricing for the certificates if you take the 'freebies'?  650 hours should equate to some ECTS, such as 12, 15, or something at the very least (hopefully)...

These expertos are worth 26 ECTS, and the offer has extended:

19€. MÁSTER EN CIBERSEGURIDAD Y DERECHOS EN EL ENTORNO DIGITAL

19€. MÁSTER EN PSICOLOGÍA SOCIAL Y COMUNITARIA

19€. MÁSTER EN PSICOLOGÍA CLÍNICA, EVOLUTIVA Y DE LA SALUD

19€. MÁSTER EN MARKETING DIGITAL Y PUBLICIDAD

19€. MÁSTER EN PSICOLOGÍA DEL COMPORTAMIENTO Y DE LA CONDUCTA HUMANA

19€. MÁSTER EN PSICOLOGÍA INFANTIL, JUVENIL Y FAMILIAR

19€. MÁSTER EN CRIMINOLOGÍA, CRIMINALÍSTICA Y PSICOLOGÍA CRIMINAL

19€. MÁSTER EN PSICOLOGÍA DE LA PERSONALIDAD

19€. MÁSTER EN EDUCACIÓN Y SENSIBILIZACIÓN AMBIENTAL

19€. MÁSTER EN COACHING Y PSICOLOGÍA DEPORTIVA

19€. MÁSTER EN ELE: PROFESOR DE ESPAÑOL

19€. MÁSTER EN ADMINISTRACIÓN Y DIRECCIÓN DE EMPRESAS.

19€. MÁSTER EN PNL Y AUTOAYUDA

19€. MÁSTER EN DOCENCIA DE LA FORMACIÓN PROFESIONAL PARA EL EMPLEO

19€. MÁSTER EN PSICOLOGÍA POSITIVA Y DEL BIENESTAR
I noticed they removed the Master of Mindfulness program. I was thinking about completing that degree.
Carlton
https://www.linkedin.com/in/carltoncoleman/

Completed Academic Certificates & Degrees
PhD in Education - Azteca Universidad European Programs / University of Central Nicaragua
MEd Learning Systems Technology, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
GCert Technology Innovation, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
BS Mathematics, University of Arkansas at Little Rock
AA, AS General Studies, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
AAS Computer Information Systems, Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock
Certificate of Proficiency Entrepreneurship, University of Arkansas - Pulaski Technical College, North Little Rock

In Progress Academic Certificates & Degrees
Graduate Certificate in Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU - Thunderbird School of Global Management
(09-15-2023, 10:11 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(09-10-2023, 06:29 PM)cacoleman1983 Wrote: Probably speculation based on how IEE has evaluated Master Propios in the past, i.e. Universidad Isabel I/ENEB.  IEE may evaluate CLEA as a regionally accredited institution / non-accredited program instead of a graduate certificate since it is located in Mexico which is a little different than Spain because Mexican universities can issue degrees without government oversight (RVOE) like Universidad Azteca does frequently for all degree levels.  I believe CLEA and Universidad Azteca's degrees would be given the same recognition with the non-accredited program message while Spanish Master Titulo Propios won't get the non-accredited status but rather a graduate studies or certificate recognition.

I don't know the quality of the Master Cursos programs, but the 3,000 ECTS one would be a great deal if it's able to get favorable FCE reviews, and it's not that common to see one with that many ECTS attached, so I imagine they are testing that out to see if it gets people over the hump with evaluators like ECE that come up with junk reasoning to deny a foreign graduate degrees their full recognition. A number of U.S. FCEs take the position that 1500 ECTS is only equivalent to 1 year of post-Bachelor's studies. I've only known of that changing with Spanish Master's degrees when they're official, but even then you can find examples from Europe where U.S. FCEs recognized a grad degree from that region as less than that.

Just took the Experto in Business Administration course, the material is extensive and of high quality(except maybe the cover of each book, which looks like they used the worst, worn out, damaged and old scanner they found, but that doesn't affect the actual learning experience), their exam is unproctored and open book but pretty high quality and you have additionally a capstone that gets checked for plagiarism(learn APA before trying doing the capstone final paper). It only took a week total.

If you do the course, take your time, because the certificate will state your start and end date, or as I'm doing, waiting some time to ask conferral later, who knows if that will work.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  (Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership TINASAM 23 2,751 3 hours ago
Last Post: Bingbong
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,268 747,631 4 hours ago
Last Post: Jujubee1990
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 14 1,709 09-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 31 13,183 09-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Geonho Lee
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 185 20,477 09-22-2024, 08:44 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 1,016 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 255 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 677 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  No Bachelor's Degree Required for Master of Taxation sanantone 2 1,600 08-19-2024, 09:36 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Nearly half of master degree programs have no ROI sanantone 8 1,651 08-19-2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings