Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Business Statistics.
Any recommendations for Business stats classes? Study.com is good, but its Business Statistics course isn't finished.
(05-02-2019, 05:46 AM)YankeeDoodle Wrote: Any recommendations for Business stats classes? Study.com is good, but its Business Statistics course isn't finished.

Do you specifically need Business Statistics? At TESU, for example, every statistics course evaluates as the same course (STA-201) so you can pretty much take any statistics course to meet that requirement.

If you do specifically need a business statistics course, you should take a look at Straighterline or ALEKS. SL will probably be the easier of the two depending on your math skills. Either way, you should check with your school to confirm how those courses transfer before you take one.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
I would not recommend Aleks for Statistics alone. Keep it as your last option. The explanations feel incomplete, the calculations go awry for some reason- overall, it is an annoying and tiresome learning experience. Aleks’ Trigonometry and College Algebra courses are much better, and easier to follow.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
StraighterLine and Study.com offer a Statistics course that can transfer into TESU for a BALS/BSBA or any other degree that requires stats. Either one would be good, I took mine at StraighterLine. I couldn't get past the dreaded 70% in ALEKS and finally I chose the Business Statistics at StraighterLine as I failed their Intro to Statistics course when it was using the Acrobatiq AI instead of Mcgraw Hill textbook... They have since switched their Intro to Statistics to use Mcgraw Hill textbook now, if I recall correctly.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-02-2019, 11:21 AM)Supermind Wrote: I would not recommend Aleks for Statistics alone. Keep it as your last option. The explanations feel incomplete, the calculations go awry for some reason- overall, it is an annoying and tiresome learning experience. Aleks’ Trigonometry and College Algebra courses are much better, and easier to follow.

I don't recommend ALEKS as a first choice either, but they offer a Business Statistics course. I normally recommend the Study.com Principles of Statistics course, but if the OP specifically needs Business Statistics, SDC is off the table and SL or ALEKS become the two top choices, IMO.

The ALEKS statistics course was a pain, but I managed to get through it with my math handicap (Dyscalculia). Of course, I spent a month going through all the Khan Academy AP Statistics prep material and doing a ton of practice problems before starting with ALEKS. If I can get through it, I'd think that most people should be able to as well (and probably faster) if they put in the time and effort.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:

WGU Ambassador
(05-02-2019, 03:24 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 11:21 AM)Supermind Wrote: I would not recommend Aleks for Statistics alone. Keep it as your last option. The explanations feel incomplete, the calculations go awry for some reason- overall, it is an annoying and tiresome learning experience. Aleks’ Trigonometry and College Algebra courses are much better, and easier to follow.

I don't recommend ALEKS as a first choice either, but they offer a Business Statistics course. I normally recommend the Study.com Principles of Statistics course, but if the OP specifically needs Business Statistics, SDC is off the table and SL or ALEKS become the two top choices, IMO.

The ALEKS statistics course was a pain, but I managed to get through it with my math handicap (Dyscalculia). Of course, I spent a month going through all the Khan Academy AP Statistics prep material and doing a ton of practice problems before starting with ALEKS. If I can get through it, I'd think that most people should be able to as well (and probably faster) if they put in the time and effort.

I would think that if you went through Khan Academy, then you could also choose to do the DSST or Saylor Stats exams.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(05-02-2019, 07:49 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-02-2019, 03:24 PM)Merlin Wrote:

I would think that if you went through Khan Academy, then you could also choose to do the DSST or Saylor Stats exams.

That may be true for others, but I have to constantly double or triple check my work to make sure I didn't flip digits or misremember a formula, so I move quite slowly through math problems. I was concerned that I wouldn't have enough time in a traditional exam. At the time I took stats, ALEKS didn't have the ACE knowledge check and was still untimed. So I was able to move through the ALEKS stuff at my own pace and without the stress of being on the clock.

If I had to take stats today, I'd probably just take the Study.com Principles of Stats or Straighterline Business Stats courses since they appear to be less about the math and more about the theory. Plus for SL I believe that course is still open book and allows a self-prepared page of notes.

Complete:

WGU Ambassador

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 404 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,893 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 3,067 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  TESU Business/Society splirow 15 1,406 08-12-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Can anyone share their experience with Edx Critical Business Skills course by SNHU? lorabel 7 1,494 03-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 616 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
  Sophia’s Arizona Global Campus Course Equivalency: BUS 311 Business Law I basicunitoflife 4 826 12-29-2022, 12:09 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study.com Business 212 business statistics thepoetvd776 1 744 11-24-2022, 09:08 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
Information New Sophia courses coming: Python and Business Communication! MNomadic 27 4,701 08-19-2022, 07:36 AM
Last Post: origamishuttle
  Statistics - options now (quick and easy) allvia 5 1,124 04-29-2022, 05:39 PM