Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
--Biology Exam On Friday, Should I get Peterson Or IC to practice tonight
[SIZE="6"]I[/SIZE]nstant [SIZE="6"]C[/SIZE]ert
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[SIZE="6"]I[/SIZE]nstant [SIZE="6"]C[/SIZE]ert
thank you very much
I used to think instant Cert was just a name for the forum.
Saturn Wrote:thank you very much
I used to think instant Cert was just a name for the forum.
>>

Yes, but there is a program here you can sign up for that gives you access to flash cards (totally optional)- so when someone says they used "IC" they probably mean they used the flash cards. (and/or the forum)
ShotoJuku Wrote:Hello Ice11 - Just wondering what you opted to do?

Hi
I opted to reschedule itBig Grin ...The only thing is that I was overjoyed by knowing I got a date two weeks after that...And Right now I have the exam on Friday, 5 sept.You would think that I studied really really hard in the past week or so...No not ISad...I know I know I need a kick in the butt to get me going!!
So here I am on Monday night trying to start studying.
I also bought Peterson's Practice test which I have only tried once and failed miserably.
School have also started. Maybe I should just not even try ..It would however mean taking in an extra semester for me
Also Thanks to all of you guys for the advice...I was thinking that I would not get a lot of replies...but Man!was I suprised to see so many Smile
[COLOR="Navy"]Don't try (waste) a Petersons until after you have studied for many hours/days/weeks and you wish to test your skills.

I always studied 3-weeks for every exam.

This way I went in overly-prepared rather than under; kind of a quasi-guarantee that I would pass. Some might say that is too much study time and others not enough; to each his own - Good Luck![/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
I managed to pass the CLEP Biology exam today with a 55. Smile While not a stellar score, I was thrilled to hit that "PROCEED" button and have a 55 pop up. I found this test to be brutal and quite difficult. I know many have posted in this forum reporting abreviated preparation and passing with great scores. My best guess is that they have a background or perhaps recent experience. Biology is not my area of expertise and as a result this test was easily the most difficult CLEP to date for me. I studied for many weeks and used a variety of resources including IC (as always); REA; Pass Your Class and an assortment of DVD study guides.

My point is that preparation is the key. CLEP exams are not short cuts to bypass learning the material. Tests are simply a means of demonstrating your knowledge. You can't get around the studying part.
[SIZE="4"]Terry[/SIZE]

[SIZE="1"][SIZE="3"][B][SIZE="2"]How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="3"]
AS and BS completed
MBA - In Progress[/SIZE]
motuterry Wrote:My point is that preparation is the key. CLEP exams are not short cuts to bypass learning the material. Tests are simply a means of demonstrating your knowledge. You can't get around the studying part.

Well put Smile
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku Wrote:[COLOR="Navy"]Don't try (waste) a Petersons until after you have studied for many hours/days/weeks and you wish to test your skills.

I always studied 3-weeks for every exam.

This way I went in overly-prepared rather than under; kind of a quasi-guarantee that I would pass. Some might say that is too much study time and others not enough; to each his own - Good Luck![/COLOR]

Thats true! I know I am not prepared enough but I am planning to do an all nighter tomorrow. I know not the best thing to do for Biology, I cannot reschedule, and if I dont do good on the peterson's 2nd test, I may just not take the CLEP on friday. I have figured that I may try again in December and that would leave me somewhere in July t try again if I dont pass this time. Actually come to think of it as I was writing this down , I seem to have convinced myself that December is better time to study after my Finals...Let me sleep on it..It will give me about three weeks, just like the time you have given to yours !!Smile
Ice11 Wrote:Thats true! I know I am not prepared enough but I am planning to do an all nighter tomorrow. I know not the best thing to do for Biology, I cannot reschedule, and if I dont do good on the peterson's 2nd test, I may just not take the CLEP on friday. I have figured that I may try again in December and that would leave me somewhere in July t try again if I dont pass this time. Actually come to think of it as I was writing this down , I seem to have convinced myself that December is better time to study after my Finals...Let me sleep on it..It will give me about three weeks, just like the time you have given to yours !!Smile
>>

It's like the preschool song....

Goin on a lion hunt
goin on a lion hunt

comin to a river

can't go around it

can't go over it

gotta go through it
gotta go through it...

I don't think the test will get easier in December. Perhaps this isn't the best test to do. I felt a lot like you do when I was preparing for statistics. I just couldn't get "into" and and get moving. After a few weeks of fumbling through, I just changed exams. Easy as that, I picked up a new subject and passed with flying colors. I think you should find out what you could take instead of biology.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 3 1,223 09-23-2024, 02:29 PM
Last Post: staceydiane
  PMP practice quizzes or exams Kjnova 5 500 08-18-2024, 08:45 AM
Last Post: Kjnova
  DSST practice Exams for BUS LAW II? doloresramirez 6 516 05-06-2024, 02:38 AM
Last Post: doloresramirez
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,917 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  50% off Black Friday sale Udacity Imbanewbie 0 462 11-18-2023, 10:04 PM
Last Post: Imbanewbie
  ENEB got overloaded due to Red Friday sale! bjcheung77 9 1,952 06-14-2023, 12:13 AM
Last Post: BadSquirrelBeta
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 834 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Grammarly 50% off Black Friday... new and renewals studyingfortests 6 1,120 12-28-2022, 01:53 PM
Last Post: Pappok
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 1,098 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,378 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry