Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best value MBA
We’ve talked about the cheapest MBA programs. Would anyone like to have a discussion on what they think the best value program is. For example : 
What are your thoughts on the best value MBA program out there. Your opinion on the best ROI.  HAU has the cheapest program out there at just $3000 , while Boston University has the cheapest program for arguably a top 40 school, that I’m aware of at $24k. Then you have in there somewhere in the middle a Georgia southwestern AACSB program for  just under $10k. Or any other program that you know of that you think is the best value. Just for fun, I know most of us on this forum are always looking to find the biggest bang for our buck, the cheapest overall may or may not be it. I look forward to your thoughts.

MBA

https://www.edx.org/masters/online-maste...on-mba-bux

https://mba.hauniv.edu/get-an-mba-your-way/

https://www.gsw.edu/college-of-business-...ba-program
My Amberton MBA will cost me less than $9k. I was able to transfer in 2 grad business courses so that reduced my costs a bit. I like this MBA program because I'm not stuck repeating marketing, financial management, economics, accounting, business law, and human resources. I have all of these courses in my bachelor's degrees. I'm not interested in doing them over. So I shied away from an MBA for a long time until I found the Amberton MBA's. My MBA is in Strategic Leadership. Aside from the 6 required courses, I have 6 electives. The 6 required courses - I transferred 1 in - the one on grad writing and research. I had to complete a course in ethics, organizational change, conflict management, leadership theories, and strategic management which is the capstone. Those are the required courses. I've had a lot of fun in the electives where I took a class on managing the generations, leading virtually, business in social media, and project management. There are so many electives I'm interested in that I'm going to complete a second master's so I can take them all. It's just 8 more classes. Ambertion is also ACBSP accredited if someone is looking for that.
(08-06-2022, 01:09 PM)ss20ts Wrote: My Amberton MBA will cost me less than $9k. I was able to transfer in 2 grad business courses so that reduced my costs a bit. I like this MBA program because I'm not stuck repeating marketing, financial management, economics, accounting, business law, and human resources. I have all of these courses in my bachelor's degrees. I'm not interested in doing them over. So I shied away from an MBA for a long time until I found the Amberton MBA's. My MBA is in Strategic Leadership. Aside from the 6 required courses, I have 6 electives. The 6 required courses - I transferred 1 in - the one on grad writing and research. I had to complete a course in ethics, organizational change, conflict management, leadership theories, and strategic management which is the capstone. Those are the required courses. I've had a lot of fun in the electives where I took a class on managing the generations, leading virtually, business in social media, and project management. There are so many electives I'm interested in that I'm going to complete a second master's so I can take them all. It's just 8 more classes. Ambertion is also ACBSP accredited if someone is looking for that.
Great !  It sounds like a great program. You have spoken very highly of it. Let’s add it to the list !

https://www.amberton.edu/programs-and-co...tails.html
Cost is certainly a factor.  Some other elements enter into the equation when you talk about value.  Maybe reputation/prestige.  Specializations?  Maybe you really like that football team.  Who knows, because everyone's values are a bit different.  Personally, I like state universities.  Preferably the flagship campus.  At the same time, I have a soft spot for LSU.  So let's go with LSU
Online Business Degree Programs | LSU Online
[-] The following 2 users Like Alpha's post:
  • origamishuttle, Vle045
Everyone will have their own internal ranking of programs they're interested in and are looking into. I would suggest making a list of institutions that are local and in your state first, namely the more recognized public/state universities that have "research" based programs such as doctorates. If you have tuition assistance or reimbursement, you can go for slightly more expensive ones that are out of state that offer the same pricing as in-state universities.

If you are looking for, need, or want specific programmatic/secondary accreditation, you should create a spreadsheet illustrating which schools have what options available. Another option is to sort them by cost, length of the program, and/or ranking. You may also want to add in options that illustrate they're either online, butt in seat, or competency based... Make that list and have the top 3 choices and top 3 backup options just in case you can't get into the first 3.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
The best value for me is the one I am in. It’s the JWMI MBA through Strayer University. It’s not really a popular one here, but there are ways in which it can be extremely affordable. I am getting it with an employer discount plus employer reimbursement. My out of pocket will be minimal, but I don’t know how much yet because it will depend on how I choose to spread out my courses. I think there are many large employers who offer some type of discount for this program. I’ve noticed a lot of CVS and Verizon employees in my classes.

The thing that made this my top choice, once the tuition was reduced to a price I could afford, is the program itself. There is always a mix of video/audio/reading. Papers are expected to be about 5 pages typically. The mindset of Jack Welch was basically “When are you ever going to write 15 pages in business?” The idea of writing long research papers is daunting for me. Five pages, I could do. The books are regular business books you’d grab at the bookstore (so far), not boring textbooks. And while they do have writing standards as far as citing references, it’s not APA7. There’s some flexibility. That gave me a huge sigh of relief.

My two classes are going well. I definitely have the equivalent of an A in one. I’m teetering between the equivalent of an A or B in the other. (They have a different grading scale).

I am going to take a break for the fall term and take marketing in the Winter. It’s been hard to maintain everything while taking two classes. I don’t know how you folks can accelerate if you have jobs and families. Slow and steady for me. ?
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
[-] The following 2 users Like Vle045's post:
  • allvia, Jonathan Whatley
(08-07-2022, 08:33 AM)Vle045 Wrote: The best value for me is the one I am in. It’s the JWMI MBA through Strayer University.  It’s not really a popular one here, but there are ways in which it can be extremely affordable.   I am getting it with an employer discount plus employer reimbursement.  My out of pocket will be minimal, but I don’t know how much yet because it will depend on how I choose to spread out my courses.  I think there are many large employers who offer some type of discount for this program.  I’ve noticed a lot of CVS and Verizon employees in my classes.

The thing that made this my top choice, once the tuition was reduced to a price I could afford, is the program itself.  There is always a mix of video/audio/reading.  Papers are expected to be about 5 pages typically.  The mindset of Jack Welch was basically “When are you ever going to write 15 pages in business?”   The idea of writing long research papers is daunting for me.  Five pages, I could do.  The books are regular business books you’d grab at the bookstore (so far), not boring textbooks. And while they do have writing standards as far as citing references, it’s not APA7.  There’s some flexibility.  That gave me a huge sigh of relief.  

My two classes are going well.  I definitely have the equivalent of an A in one.   I’m teetering between the equivalent of an A or B in the other.  (They have a different grading scale).  

I am going to take a break for the fall term and take marketing in the Winter.  It’s been hard to maintain everything while taking two classes.  I don’t know how you folks can accelerate if you have jobs and families. Slow and steady for me. ?
Very nice program especially if you can get it mostly paid for. Good job!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • Vle045
I am really intrigued by these two programs.

https://www.edx.org/masters/online-maste...on-mba-bux

https://mba.hauniv.edu/

Both offer such a good value.

Bu program structure looks interesting. And the price for a top ranked school

Hau program. Members on here have graduated from it and spoken well of it. Plus  Wow. $3000.
I like the idea of writing a check for $3k and boom bam done. Stick a fork in it.
WGU
$3905 with a scholarship (one 6 month term)

Walden
$5130 with discounts  (2 terms)

GeorgiaTech OMSCS
$7000

I personally don't like OMSCS because
  1. High dropout rate
  2. It takes too long to do
  3. Won't help you get a job any better than other better options
You have to be careful playing the reputation and prestige game with education because, in the end, it will come down to your skills/experience and not the school's reputation when applying for jobs.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 2 users Like LevelUP's post:
  • cerich67, ss20ts
(08-07-2022, 10:23 AM)Pats20 Wrote:
(08-07-2022, 08:33 AM)Vle045 Wrote: The best value for me is the one I am in. It’s the JWMI MBA through Strayer University.  It’s not really a popular one here, but there are ways in which it can be extremely affordable.   I am getting it with an employer discount plus employer reimbursement.  My out of pocket will be minimal, but I don’t know how much yet because it will depend on how I choose to spread out my courses.  I think there are many large employers who offer some type of discount for this program.  I’ve noticed a lot of CVS and Verizon employees in my classes.

The thing that made this my top choice, once the tuition was reduced to a price I could afford, is the program itself.  There is always a mix of video/audio/reading.  Papers are expected to be about 5 pages typically.  The mindset of Jack Welch was basically “When are you ever going to write 15 pages in business?”   The idea of writing long research papers is daunting for me.  Five pages, I could do.  The books are regular business books you’d grab at the bookstore (so far), not boring textbooks. And while they do have writing standards as far as citing references, it’s not APA7.  There’s some flexibility.  That gave me a huge sigh of relief.  

My two classes are going well.  I definitely have the equivalent of an A in one.   I’m teetering between the equivalent of an A or B in the other.  (They have a different grading scale).  

I am going to take a break for the fall term and take marketing in the Winter.  It’s been hard to maintain everything while taking two classes.  I don’t know how you folks can accelerate if you have jobs and families. Slow and steady for me. ?
Very nice program especially if you can get it mostly paid for. Good job!

Yes!  The only one that I could probably get fully paid is the HAU MBA.  My employer gives $1500 a year in reimbursement, so if I evenly spread it out over two years, that would cover it.  It’s definitely my “back up” plan as long as it remains $3,000.  My Undergrad grades were mediocre.  So if for some reason I lost my discount on the JWMI program, my current GPA will be a lot stronger.  But I really like the JWMI program so far.   I don’t mind paying some out of pocket for it. I just couldn’t afford it at full price.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc