Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAin4weeks 2022?
I have read through BAin4weeks, and I have completed a lot of credits for my bachelors, but I would like to try this as an experiment this summer break. 

Can it be done? Does anyone have an experience with getting a test-out bachelors in something like psychology?
[-] The following 1 user Likes arcangel27's post:
  • rbrtpgdmn@gmail.com
While degrees can still be done for relatively cheap and faster than a traditional timeline, the days of a bachelors in 4 weeks are long gone.The TESU capstone alone will double that timeframe.

What current credits do you have? Lots of folks here are great at evaluating your situation and helping you come up with an alt-credit path forward.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
[-] The following 2 users Like jsd's post:
  • arcangel27, ss20ts
(02-23-2022, 12:38 PM)jsd Wrote: While degrees can still be done for relatively cheap and faster than a traditional timeline, the days of a bachelors in 4 weeks are long gone.The TESU capstone alone will double that timeframe.

Are there any alternatives that can be completed more quickly? I have English and Math prerequisites and some other credits as well.

(02-23-2022, 12:38 PM)jsd Wrote: While degrees can still be done for relatively cheap and faster than a traditional timeline, the days of a bachelors in 4 weeks are long gone.The TESU capstone alone will double that timeframe.

What current credits do you have? Lots of folks here are great at evaluating your situation and helping you come up with an alt-credit path forward.

Is georiga tech self-paced/competency based? I am trying to get into WGU for a ba, but want to try a test-out BA for intellectual entertainment and a challenge.
(02-23-2022, 12:39 PM)arcangel27 Wrote:

Are there any alternatives that can be completed more quickly? I have English and Math prerequisites and some other credits as well.

You can't do it in 4 weeks today. It's not possible. The Big 3 all have capstones now and required courses at their schools. Even UMPI will take at least 8 weeks after you complete all of your transfer credits. These are the quickest degrees - the Big 3 and UMPI.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • rbrtpgdmn@gmail.com
It's no longer as easy or as simple as on that site. You cannot take the GRE for credit. However, depending on what you already have done and the degree you want, you might be able to test out of (most of) it in 1-2 months. For Psych, that would involve taking a LOT of Coopersmith exams.

To actually have a chance of completing whatever's left for a Psych degree, TESU would probably be your best bet. Fewer UL courses required, meaning a larger number of easier LL exams.

Check out https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap and https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan to compile a list of exams you can take.

Some things to keep in mind:
Coopersmith and UExcels allow you to take as many as you want/need during the month, as long as you pay for them.
Study.com restricts you to 2 exams per month, additional exams would be $70 each. You can take a total of 5 exams in a single billing period.
Sophia allows you to complete as much as you're able to in one month. You can have two courses open at one time. The only other restriction is on how fast any Touchstones (assignments) are graded. Use https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/So...lency_List to avoid courses with Touchstones.
TECEPs need to be signed up for about a month (or more) in advance - but not more than 3 months. For instance, if you want to take exams in May, you'd need to pay for the TECEPs in March or April.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210

Also, could it be done in two to three months? I have that time on hand this summer.
(02-23-2022, 12:47 PM)arcangel27 Wrote: Also, could it be done in two to three months? I have that time on hand this summer.

For most people no. Define having time on your hands. I mean if you spend 10 hours a day on something sure you'll get it done faster. Doesn't mean you will have learned anything or earned decent grads which may be an issue if you want to go to grad school later. Working at that pace also leads to burnout. You're also limited on Study.com how many courses you can complete in a month. You can't test out of a degree anymore.
(02-23-2022, 12:45 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 12:39 PM)arcangel27 Wrote:

You can't do it in 4 weeks today. It's not possible. The Big 3 all have capstones now and required courses at their schools. Even UMPI will take at least 8 weeks after you complete all of your transfer credits. These are the quickest degrees - the Big 3 and UMPI.
I am starting to get the picture. Can you get any degree this method? As long as you only want to test out of the material, and not actually learn. For something like Cybersecurity, you would want to actually learn a lot the regular way for a later occupation.

(02-23-2022, 12:50 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(02-23-2022, 12:47 PM)arcangel27 Wrote: Also, could it be done in two to three months? I have that time on hand this summer.

For most people no. Define having time on your hands. I mean if you spend 10 hours a day on something sure you'll get it done faster. Doesn't mean you will have learned anything or earned decent grads which may be an issue if you want to go to grad school later. Working at that pace also leads to burnout. You're also limited on Study.com how many courses you can complete in a month. You can't test out of a degree anymore.
You cannot test out of a degree anymore? Tell me more
You now need RA credit, capstones, and cornerstones. Can't test out of all of these courses.
The only way it is even possible anymore is to hyper-accelerate a WGU degree. UMPI takes a minimum of 8 weeks if they've moved to offering every course every term. Since WGU confers degrees within a few days of completion, you could theoretically get it all done in that time frame.

Not likely. Not even remotely. But theoretically possible? Yes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 998 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Enrollment Trends - Fall 2022 bjcheung77 2 626 11-06-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Amberton Fall 2022 ss20ts 2 525 07-23-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Amberton University - New Degrees Fall 2022 ss20ts 3 1,077 07-15-2022, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Done in June 2022 khwaja1924 4 633 06-27-2022, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NACE 2022 Pats20 1 423 06-14-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  50 Largest Non Profit Online Colleges 2022 LevelUP 3 741 03-15-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  The 10 Most Innovative Education Companies of 2022 LevelUP 1 488 03-09-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 1,146 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  Is anyone familiar with bain4weeks.com-share your stories! journey21 27 3,641 05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Last Post: HawkGuy