Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BAin4weeks 2022?
How fast can you test out of a degree?

Depends on 3 factors
1. How many hours are you going to study per week?
2. How efficient are you in studying?
3. Which alt credit provider is the quickest and easiest to test out of?

Alt Course Providers
CLEPs which I have done many aren't fast to do. They take 10-20hrs each. Still a lot faster than in-person classes which is why college students should use them to same time/money on school. Best for low-hanging fruit like English Comp, Analysis Lit, College Math, or any course you could test out of with almost no studying. 

If you can pass the CLEP or Peterson practice exam, then you can pass the CLEP easily. Check out Peterson Master the CLEP guide.

Study.com limits you to 5 courses per month, so in 1 month and 1 day, you could do 10 courses at most. 

Saylor is cheap but a waste of time as it takes a long time to study for those exams and there is a high failure rate.

Straigherline could be fast for some people with the open book tests though it will get expensive. 

OnlineDegee is cheap but takes a long time and there is a timer set for each video that you must watch. Some of those courses could take 40 hours to do. This is NCCRS credit which most schools don't take.

Sophia is generally going to be the fastest/cheapest method for most people.

TESU College
For TESU, you, in theory, could gather up your credits fast, then take the cornerstone/capstone. You then have a choice of cruising through the cornerstone/capstone taking 10hrs a week for 3 months or spending 30hrs a week and finishing it in a month.  

So 1 month to gather up credits + 1-month cornerstone/capstone = 2 months minimum time in theory.

However, you will need 24RA credits, so you add the time it takes to get those through TECEPs or other means. TESU works best for people transferring in RA credit from another college.

UMPI College
UMPI, you could gather up the credits, then take 3 months to complete the degree. (1.5 sessions)

PUG College
This college has a professional studies degree that in theory could be pretty quick. I got a PHP cert in one day and that one cert is worth 7 courses or 39 credits at PUG. We haven't had anyone that reported back on that degree yet so it's not clear how fast it would take to do 8 courses at PUG. Maybe 2-3 months?

WGU College
Someone did a computer science degree in 2 months at WGU after they gathered up the max transfer credits. However, just doing the Calculus course could take some people 1-2 months to do.

Conclusion
Generally, we tell people that you can get a degree in 6-12 months if you put 20 hours a week into your studies. 

Check out the sample degree plans on the Wiki, sign up for free to Sophia, and give some courses a try. You should be able to do the math how long it will take you.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • arcangel27
I think you can still test out of all but the cornerstone/capstone requirements. Between TECEP, UExcel, CLEP, DSST, Coopersmith and Davar, it is possible. Not for every conceivable degree, but Liberal Studies, Psych, Business, maybe History (can't remember that one).

You're also limited on schools - EC and TESU, probably not COSC any more since they won't take NCCRS credit.

So you can get all off your credits allowed to transfer in at each school: 114cr to TESU, 113cr to EC, all of your UL, etc. But then you'll have to enroll and take a minimum of 2 courses (3 at EC).

For a competency-based school, you can bring in up to 90cr, but UMPI has some stuff you can't "test" out of although you can still bring them in via alt-credit, like a lab science or a hands-on art course (I guess if you had taken Studio Art or Drawing in high school and then passed the AP Art exam, they might give you credit there).

At both WGU and UMPI though, you're only testing out 90cr max, and then enrolling and taking your final 30cr (minimum) there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Assuming that we are taking "testing out" to mean "writing no papers", I don't think you can do that with History at either EC or TESU. IIRC, both require a historiography course. That requires 3 papers at SDC. Not counting that course, there are also only 9 UL credits available via exams (2 at Coopersmith, 1 UExcel), so you'd have to take at least 1 additional SDC course. Everything else can be done by exam.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
BAin4Weeks is long gone. This used to work. However, with the capstone requirements at the Big 3 like it tells you, it takes longer than 4 weeks now. TESU's capstones are now I believe 12 weeks? You can finish an entire UMPI BA with Sophia + UMPI only in 16 weeks, for cheaper than taking TESU's capstone. Taking just TESU's capstone is very hard to do now.

None of the big 3 are 1 course anymore. Most require 6 to 9 credits now.

University of Maine is simply faster because you can do all your work in one week for a class, versus it spread out across an entire term. You can spread it out across an entire term if you want or go faster. It's the best we have right now.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA
I forgot that Coopersmith now has "The History of Food Trucks" that is supposed to be UL History. Don't know if it would transfer to TESU, though.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Well since this page was made, may as well link to it
BAin4Weeks Wiki Link

That pretty much summarizes many DF members' opinions on the previous method of BAin4Weeks.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(02-23-2022, 06:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I forgot that Coopersmith now has "The History of Food Trucks" that is supposed to be UL History. Don't know if it would transfer to TESU, though.

It comes into TESU as HIS-399.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
So I am attempting to join up with WGU, but I may not be able to get in until june. Could I start testing out/taking study.com courses to start up now?
(02-23-2022, 06:09 PM)rachel83az Wrote: I forgot that Coopersmith now has "The History of Food Trucks" that is supposed to be UL History. Don't know if it would transfer to TESU, though.
Omg that's a course? I need that in my life
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

[-] The following 1 user Likes ROYISAGIRL's post:
  • rachel83az
(02-24-2022, 02:21 PM)ROYISAGIRL Wrote:
Omg that's a course? I need that in my life

I know, right? I just wish Coopersmith used RPNow. I'd be all over that.
In progress:

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 1,034 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  Enrollment Trends - Fall 2022 bjcheung77 2 665 11-06-2022, 05:23 PM
Last Post: ifomonay
  Amberton Fall 2022 ss20ts 2 545 07-23-2022, 09:33 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Amberton University - New Degrees Fall 2022 ss20ts 3 1,095 07-15-2022, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Done in June 2022 khwaja1924 4 660 06-27-2022, 05:13 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  NACE 2022 Pats20 1 441 06-14-2022, 06:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  50 Largest Non Profit Online Colleges 2022 LevelUP 3 759 03-15-2022, 04:38 PM
Last Post: Tedium
  The 10 Most Innovative Education Companies of 2022 LevelUP 1 511 03-09-2022, 08:58 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Northwestern University is offering online bachelor's degrees starting Fall 2022 nyvrem 1 1,171 12-25-2021, 06:40 AM
Last Post: Pikachu
  Is anyone familiar with bain4weeks.com-share your stories! journey21 27 3,696 05-29-2009, 03:58 PM
Last Post: HawkGuy