Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BABA PM help.
I would appreciate help with my plan. Confused about some classes/electives. 

Your Location: Alabama, US
Your Age: 46
What kind of degree do you want?: BABA Project Management or BABA Management & Leadership. Also open to suggestions, however business (construction/R&D) is the field in which I work and plan to stay. Interest in project controls/scheduling.
Current Regional Accredited Credits: I have 42 credits from Southern University at Shreveport (2005) in Histotechnology (certificate) that I am unsure will even transfer at all. Otherwise starting from scratch. 

BIOL 104  General Biology w/lab 4cr A
CHEM 130 General Chemistry w/lab 4cr A
BIOL 264 Cell and Molecular Biology 4cr A
CHEM 251 Inorganic, Organic & Biochem 4cr A
ALLH 210 Medical Terminology I 3cr A
HTEC 130 Microtechnique 3cr A
HTEC 140 Histotechnology Internship 12cr A
HTEC 115 Intro to Histotechnology 2cr A
HTEC 117 Histotechnology 4cr A
HTEC 119 Laboratory Mgmt Seminar 2cr A

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: None. Plan to do the max 90cr from Study, Sophia, Coursera, and Instacert before applying. 
Link to spreadsheet: BABA PM

Any certifications or military experience? None, except for currently licensed real estate agent. 

Budget: I'd like to go the cheapest route possible, but will consider spending more for easy and fast.  5K
Commitments:  I currently work full-time and can work on my studies part-time or in the evenings/weekends. I usually only have to be onsite 3 days per week and can sometimes study at work. 
Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. I'm either hyper-focused or have zero interest.  Wink 
Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within 1 year.
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: Yes, my workplace reimbursement is $5200 per year. Although I am not sure UMPI is on this list of accepted schools.

I am an okay test taker but prefer the UMPI essay options. I am great at being self-taught. At this point in my career, I really just need a box to check, but I am still young enough that I may want options in the future. My company is mostly engineers, construction design, and accounting. Not having a specific degree would not really hold me back from multiple job options as they will be based on experience/networking. 

I have attached a spreadsheet for the BABA Project Management degree and unsure if I am missing or duplicating anything or should choose other classes that may be easier. For example... are the certifications better/easier than a class?  
I am interested in the PM degree but feel like the Management and Leadership would be faster and easier. I would love to hear the pros and cons. 

** Looks like I need to take one more course at UMPI… which one is best?
Basically, do the Coursera, Sophia.org, Study.com classes and apply to UMPI, send your transcripts, wait for evaluation. If PM is what you want, go for that degree as the concentration is only slightly different, you're doing the BABA Business Core and it's the same. If you have tuition assistance or reimbursement, it's not tied to a specific university (most of the time it's just any institution, although, some are entirely free if you belong to a specific union).
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decision time: BABA/Leadership vs BLS/Management Kjnova 88 5,785 09-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 366 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI BABA Marketing Mrbarbz 11 849 07-14-2024, 10:38 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  BABA class for last 2 weeks rrrr 6 1,041 07-04-2024, 03:26 PM
  BABA Not Business Accredited klone 8 1,445 06-19-2024, 06:20 PM
  Find holes in my BABA plan BoatShoes 16 1,044 06-17-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: BoatShoes
Brick UMPI BABA to BAS switch denied anthonyk02 12 1,392 02-24-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  BABA v BLS Project Management - All Sophia Jbpooles1024 5 1,002 02-04-2024, 02:17 PM
  UMPI BABA PM&IS Degree Plan Help (Advice) 4KJB 1 768 01-18-2024, 08:10 PM
  UMPI BABA Inquiry jeremyeugenejames 5 874 12-20-2023, 10:41 PM