Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UMPI BABA to BAS switch denied
(02-22-2024, 01:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh, and in regards to this quoted post of your 'side note'.  You can't... Simple policy at UMPI requires the BAS/BLS to be the first degree, you can't have it as the second degree.  So, if you're ever going back to UMPI for a second bachelors, you can do a BA or BABA after you get the BAS/BLS.

"Side note: I don't mind my degree program at all, I actually like it but I am not thrilled. I do think that a BAS suits me better. If anything, this experience gave me the push I needed to finish my degree in one term. And when I do, I will return back to get into the BAS program and actually get the degree I am dreaming about."

bjcheung is correct. The BLS/BAS must be your first degree. You must graduate and wait for the BLS/BAS to be conferred before you apply for the second bachelor's degree. Yes, you do need to apply again. You don't send transcripts. You just fill out the application again. 

The BABA with the PM concentration really may be better for you than the BAS. You're getting pm knowledge along with management and leadership course work. This can be useful for a promotion or a new job as it would show additional knowledge outside of your experience.
(02-22-2024, 01:02 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Oh, and in regards to this quoted post of your 'side note'.  You can't... Simple policy at UMPI requires the BAS/BLS to be the first degree, you can't have it as the second degree.  So, if you're ever going back to UMPI for a second bachelors, you can do a BA or BABA after you get the BAS/BLS.

"Side note: I don't mind my degree program at all, I actually like it but I am not thrilled. I do think that a BAS suits me better. If anything, this experience gave me the push I needed to finish my degree in one term. And when I do, I will return back to get into the BAS program and actually get the degree I am dreaming about."

Oh wow... This is really helpful information.. Oh.. I am really set in getting a BAS then. I will be emailing them now.... I didn't know that...

Alright, I am back. I think I accepted that I might not be able to get a BAS at all then. Dang it. My brain is fried from getting all the coursera certs Sad
The BAS is a great option and I hope UMPI expands their online technical offerings. But, it's still treated as an "unofficial" online degree unfortuantely, and there's only super special circumstances they'll approve someone for it.
Dr. Ashkir DHA, MBA, MAOL, PMP, GARA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UMPI Gen Ed Req colonelcamp 18 565 Yesterday, 09:19 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  How is grading done at umpi? Sarajane 2 286 05-18-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Does UMPI accept transcript report from ACEI? lucillegyl 5 540 05-18-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI CBE Bachelor program. Sum007@ 7 413 05-18-2024, 05:40 PM
  UMPI Assignment for Review kakasahib 7 349 05-18-2024, 07:41 AM
Last Post: ishady
  UMPI Requesting Resume & HS Transcript SophiaPrincess 13 705 05-17-2024, 10:45 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Help, UMPI Transcript Evaluation Errors SophiaPrincess 5 213 05-17-2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  UMPI Degree Completion Help SantaMaria 15 1,544 05-14-2024, 05:04 PM
  UMPI application achraf15 6 667 05-11-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: achraf15
  Does UMPI YourPace accept Credly Transcripts? SophiaPrincess 5 321 05-09-2024, 06:24 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess