Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I supposed to be doing anything yet re: UMPI?
I feel like nothing is happening.

I signed my Terms and Conditions for Fall 1, but don't see any amounts to pay yet in my account.
Do I need to do anything else, like enroll in a class?  I haven't done so, because I don't know what classes I'm getting credit for yet.

I also sent my transcripts from Credly and from Pierpont.  Do you know how long it takes for the team to review/update my current number of credits?
You have to register for classes. There's nothing to bill you for unless you're registered for classes. Sounds like you've been accepted but are waiting for your transcript evaluations? Those take a few weeks after you've been accepted. I'm seeing students waiting about a month for the transcript evaluations right now. Once they're complete you'll see them on MaineStreet. You can always reach out to Jessica and ask her for details.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • origamishuttle
Perhaps you can register for classes that you 100% know you haven't covered with your transfer credit. Like the digital art class or a class from your major.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@DolceDolce, It's a waiting game, did you do all your Sophia.org and other credits to max out the 90? If not, then work on those for now... Your term starts soon, I would recommend getting in contact with someone at least a week or two before your start date to make sure everything is in order, so if you start 8/28, then make sure everything they need is 'complete or received' by 8/14. In previous sessions, some people fell through the cracks, thinking receiving the acceptance meant they were 'in'.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-11-2023, 01:29 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: @DolceDolce, It's a waiting game, did you do all your Sophia.org and other credits to max out the 90?  If not, then work on those for now... Your term starts soon, I would recommend getting in contact with someone at least a week or two before your start date to make sure everything is in order, so if you start 8/28, then make sure everything they need is 'complete or received' by 8/14.  In previous sessions, some people fell through the cracks, thinking receiving the acceptance meant they were 'in'.

Okay, I'm replying to everyone collectively here! 

Yes, I'm officially accepted into UMPI, transcripts from CC already calculated at 44 credits.  On Monday, I sent the Pierpont transcript and Credly (today) showing the additional credits.

I will continue on in Sophia to try and reach as close to 90.

I didn't know if I should have already selected a class at UMPI yet, but will do as Rachel I think mentioned, and select a class that I know for certain I haven't attempted - those are likely the harder classes.
You need to contact Jessica to register for classes. Have you received your degree evaluation form from Jessica yet?
DolceDolce Wrote:Okay, I'm replying to everyone collectively here! 

Yes, I'm officially accepted into UMPI, transcripts from CC already calculated at 44 credits.  On Monday, I sent the Pierpont transcript and Credly (today) showing the additional credits.

I didn't know if I should have already selected a class at UMPI yet, but will do as Rachel I think mentioned, and select a class that I know for certain I haven't attempted - those are likely the harder classes.

Great, that's cool, try to get up to the 90 credits. In regards to registering for a class, you can't do it yourself, your academic advisor would need to add the courses you need/want in the session you start with. At just 44 credits, without the final Credly coming into play, I may even recommend delaying until you get up to the 90 if at all possible. Let's see how many Credly credits bring the total up to.. if it's anywhere close to the 90, stay with this upcoming session, anything less than say 60, skip the session.

(08-11-2023, 03:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You need to contact Jessica to register for classes. Have you received your degree evaluation form from Jessica yet?

Yes!  I have received that, and then based on that, I posted in this forum for Course Mapping help and got some recommendations on what to take at UMPI versus other places.

(08-11-2023, 03:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Great, that's cool, try to get up to the 90 credits.  In regards to registering for a class, you can't do it yourself, your academic advisor would need to add the courses you need/want in the session you start with.  At just 44 credits, without the final Credly coming into play, I may even recommend delaying until you get up to the 90 if at all possible.  Let's see how many Credly credits bring the total up to.. if it's anywhere close to the 90, stay with this upcoming session, anything less than say 60, skip the session.
I have 74 credits at Pierpont, but UMPI has discredited 8 credits (prior) so probably only looking at 66 credits approved as of today.

I plan on being able to take Sophia Human Biology w/Lab, Sophia Calculus, and 2 more Sophia classes before August 28th.  

Is that too ambitious?  It's going to be my sole focus.
(08-11-2023, 05:45 PM)DolceDolce Wrote:
(08-11-2023, 03:01 PM)ss20ts Wrote: You need to contact Jessica to register for classes. Have you received your degree evaluation form from Jessica yet?

Yes!  I have received that, and then based on that, I posted in this forum for Course Mapping help and got some recommendations on what to take at UMPI versus other places.

(08-11-2023, 03:43 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:

Great, that's cool, try to get up to the 90 credits.  In regards to registering for a class, you can't do it yourself, your academic advisor would need to add the courses you need/want in the session you start with.  At just 44 credits, without the final Credly coming into play, I may even recommend delaying until you get up to the 90 if at all possible.  Let's see how many Credly credits bring the total up to.. if it's anywhere close to the 90, stay with this upcoming session, anything less than say 60, skip the session.
I have 74 credits at Pierpont, but UMPI has discredited 8 credits (prior) so probably only looking at 66 credits approved as of today.

I plan on being able to take Sophia Human Biology w/Lab, Sophia Calculus, and 2 more Sophia classes before August 28th.  

Is that too ambitious?  It's going to be my sole focus.
Ok so I'm going to keep my enrollment for Aug 28th. The reason is, let's say these 10 classes take longer than 8 weeks at UMPI, due to semantics with the new platform, or something else. I'd rather have the Oct-Dec term be the "just in case' option, versus starting Fall 2, and having the Jan-Feb option as the just in case.  I don't think the Sophia classes present much of a hiccup (for speed reference purposes), but I feel more is unknown for UMPI classes, so I'll keep that UMPI 2nd segment available, just in case.
Great, I suggest you continue with the Aug 28th start! 74 credits plus the ones you're taking at Sophia.org should be a good number for transfer! You can finish the requirements at UMPI and if needed, transfer the remaining outstanding credits afterwards, you save a session start time that way! Good thinking...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 8 496 11 hours ago
Last Post: radicallena
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 33 10,427 Yesterday, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 200 10-17-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  New UMPI Academic Catalog 2024-2025 turbotortuga 14 1,596 10-17-2024, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 310 10-17-2024, 09:31 AM
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,789 10-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 97,010 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,266 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 437 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,284 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM