Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE
I have started a Change.org petition asking ALEKS to reconsider. Please consider signing and sharing this link with your friends:

https://www.change.org/petitions/aleks-c...s-courses#

Thanks for drawing attention to this. I've updated the necessary page on FCP and hopefully the folks who haven't finished yet will take Cook's advice.
[SIZE="2"]
-Justin
PMP, CISSP, A+, Sec+, MCDST, ITIL
Total Credits Earned: 162

www.Free-Clep-Prep.com - (with Forum Admin's permission)

[/SIZE]
As I posted on another thread, I sent an email requesting any update and specifically mentioned the Intro to Stats in my email. I received a VERY fast reply of:

"I’m very sorry about this problem. We are still working on this question and do not know the answer. It may be to cancel the subscription when you reach the end of the subscription period (unless you think that just using ALEKS will be helpful for the DSST). You can resubscribe at a later time if desired. I’m sorry that we do not have anything more definite to say."

I don't know if this sounds like they are expecting to renew or not. However, as of this morning (10/4) the ACE information is still up on their website. So, that give me hope.
ManxomeFoe Wrote:As I posted on another thread, I sent an email requesting any update and specifically mentioned the Intro to Stats in my email. I received a VERY fast reply of:

"I’m very sorry about this problem. We are still working on this question and do not know the answer. It may be to cancel the subscription when you reach the end of the subscription period (unless you think that just using ALEKS will be helpful for the DSST). You can resubscribe at a later time if desired. I’m sorry that we do not have anything more definite to say."

I don't know if this sounds like they are expecting to renew or not. However, as of this morning (10/4) the ACE information is still up on their website. So, that give me hope.

They have at least two webpages confirming that their courses are eligible for ACE credits even though it's expired:
ALEKS Course Products
ACE Credit Courses

Isn't it false advertising keeping this up?
This is frustrating! I finally achieved 70% in ALEKS Trigonometry on my assessment today and can't get credit on ACE. I called customer service. The woman with whom I spoke was leaving the impression that they were in the process of renewing the courses, but she was not outright saying that they were. Her advice was to hold on until maybe next week when they are supposed to have this resolved.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
If this is a business decision based on the cost of ACE evaluation outweighing the extra customers it brings, then a petition is not going to do anything.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Wow. This is not good for those students finishing their degrees now. If you just need a college level math course perhaps SL will do. College Algebra requires 70% of 500 points to get credit. Out of this only 50-75 out of a possible 200 points from the proctored final exam are needed to get to that percentage. A little bit more than ALEKS, at least under a proctored format, but still doable. SL also has statistics and accounting courses for those going for a BSBA.

Sad to see this, ALEKS helped me overcome the biggest educational obstacle I had to finishing my BA: math. Pity that other won't have this to use themselves.
BA in History, TESC, Graduated September 2010
MA in History, American Public University, currently pursuing
Virginia teaching license, currently pursuing

Check out Degree Forum Wiki for more information on putting together your own degree plan!

My BA History degree plan.
Yes I am paranoid and this is most likely a stupid question but if you receive credit for a past course ACE accredited course, the credit is still valid, correct?
. .
I have pre calc and intermediate algebra credit already given at TESC back in 2012, it is on my academic profile and I should be graduating in June, could this be a problem for me?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 611 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,928 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,800 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,773 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 371 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,449 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 527 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 622 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,257 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader