Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aleks courses listed as expired at ACE
Shawn A Wrote:And this is where a petition could work, showing them how many unhappy people there are...

Not if they're losing money or barely making a profit off of ACE evaluation.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Subscribed, I just canceled my Aleks and noted that it was due to the ACE program
Cancelled today. Supposedly getting a refund but it hasn't shown up in my account yet.

Says I can still use it the rest of the month though, so hoping its not waiting til then for the refund.

Also, she tried to convince me that they are in fact in the process of getting re-ACE-ified. She said it was an inevitability, it will happen.

I hope she's right.
Total Newb Big Grin - Enrolled at TESC for AA, eventually going for BA Psych.

Thanks to everyone who provides such awesome information on this site, I'm slowly getting the hang of this crazy process.

CLEP - Intro. Psych. - 63, A&I Literature - 72, Intro. Edu. Psych. - 59
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
FEMA - 12 Credits
I received an email today from ACE saying that Aleks has not renewed their contract yet. They suggested contacting Aleks direct and asking them if and when they will renew their contract.

I was about to pay for a six month subscription to Aleks, I will now have to use my money elsewhere, a shame because I really liked the idea of the Aleks system.
This was a fear of mine when I heard about ALEKS being bought back in June. I am sad to hear that this has happened and am blessed I finished a few weeks before the cutoff. Was incredibly close and I am sad for those who haven't been able to finish. I hope this gets sorted because ALEKS is an amazing resource! I don't know if I could've done it without ALEKS!
I just started using ALEKS so I was a bit upset at the recent changes. I was relying on them so I could complete my math courses to transfer over to APUS. If its not done by the end of the month I guess I will start studying for the CLEP tests.This is the email response I received this morning.

Thank you for contacting ALEKS. I wanted to let you know that we will be renewing our ACE accreditation at this time. We are advising all of our users who are going through ACE that we are in the process of continuing our affiliation with ACE accreditation and that and we are awaiting a date when ACE will once again designate as a “Credit-Recommended Course”. We will be happy to contact you and let you know when the process has been completed. We thank you again for your patronage and support in this matter.

Please feel free to contact ALEKS Support if you need additional assistance.

Thank you!

Customer Support Representative
ALEKS Corporation
Previous responses from ALEKS sounded a lot more non-committal. That one sounded like it was just a matter of time before they were re-accredited.
BA Liberal Studies from Thomas Edison State University
I sure hope ALEK's gets it's ACE certification and hopefully SOON! I am in such a tight position myself. I MUST complete a math class before I take my last 2 TESC nursing courses. As you all know, it takes forever for TESC to post your scores to your Academic Evaluation and I can't register for next semesters classes until this math class is fulfilled. The plan (after careful deliberation) was to take ALEK's for a month, pass it this month and have it posted in time for January classes. With ALEK'S, I could be done in July, and walking for graduation in Fall of 2014. I had just felt good about math, and getting this last pesky math credit out of the way when I happened to read this thread. Please keep those of us in limbo aware if any official word comes out that they have their ACE certification again.

And thank you so much for starting this thread!
Tara

I'm done!Smile Thanks to InstantCert, Study.com, ALEKS, CLEP and a LOT of work on my part and a lot of support from hubby and family. If I can do it, so can you! 

Degrees:
Thomas Edison State College (TESC) - Bachelor of Science Nursing; RN, BSN (Graduated in the top of 1/4 of class with Sigma Theta Tau honors)
+ 3 courses completed towards MSN.
Excelsior College (EC) - Associates in Applied Science (passed NCLEX- RN exam and became a Registered Nurse)

The test's Passed (CLEP'S, DSST's, ALEK's, etc.):
Credits/Course
3          Introduction to Sociology
3          Lifespan and Developmental Psychology
3          Humanities (64)
3          History of the United States I (60)
3          History of the United States II (65)
3          American Government (54)
6          Biology (58)
6          Analyzing and Interpreting Literature (67)
3          Principals of Management (72)
3          ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra
3          CLEP Intro to Psych
3          ALEKS: Statistics

YOU CAN DO IT!!![Image: smile.png]
The expiration date on ACE has now been updated to 10/31/2013! If you were planning to knock this out now may be the time. Hopefully it will get extended further but in the event that they do not get renewed, now is the time to get this done.
Where is this date shown on their site?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Data Analytics Courses - Maven Analytics Vle045 3 606 09-16-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 56 9,923 09-12-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: slammX
  Seeking Advice on Free Online Courses as a Non-Degree Student rickrick 6 418 09-09-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Clackamas Courses - Online or Remote (set schedule) bjcheung77 8 1,799 09-07-2024, 10:01 PM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 23 3,772 08-16-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: eyrobinson
  Taking exams for online courses stats-time 4 367 08-04-2024, 02:46 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Spanish courses for Spanish degree rachel83az 19 2,447 07-24-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Closed Sophia Courses BritStudent 5 527 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
  Reasonably priced upper-division RA math courses Ivo Lah 5 622 06-18-2024, 11:20 AM
  ASU Universal Learner Courses vetvso 10 3,256 05-26-2024, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Avidreader