Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Admission to US Masters degrees through ENEB?
(06-06-2024, 06:33 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Using ENEB for that purpose is an extreme long shot. It might be better to see what schools will accept the UoPeople degree.

I asked if the OP had even checked with UMPI about admission to the MAOL because UMPI has accepted U of the P credits in that past but they haven't returned. I wouldn't spend the money or time on ENEB for grad school admission in the US.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • allvia
(06-06-2024, 07:44 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 06:33 AM)Vle045 Wrote: Using ENEB for that purpose is an extreme long shot. It might be better to see what schools will accept the UoPeople degree.

I asked if the OP had even checked with UMPI about admission to the MAOL because UMPI has accepted U of the P credits in that past but they haven't returned. I wouldn't spend the money or time on ENEB for grad school admission in the US.

I would even go as far to suggest they apply for the MAOL (it is free to apply) and see if they're accepted. All it will cost them is the fee for the bachelor transcript. I've never actually seen anyone here post that they actually applied for the MAOL with a NA bachelor and was not accepted (just speculation, or someone in the call center said 'no').
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • ss20ts
LMAO these sketchy short cuts are so ridiculous. Just go get a normal RA degree like 99.9999% of people. Why make it so complicated....
(06-06-2024, 05:03 PM)Duneranger Wrote: LMAO these sketchy short cuts are so ridiculous. Just go get a normal RA degree like 99.9999% of people. Why make it so complicated....
It's not complicated.

The reason people do these things is for massive cost-savings which makes sense to do now more than ever. 

"Sketchy" implies that an action is dishonest which doesn't at all apply here.

"Extreme longshot" is an exaggeration. It's not that at all. U.S. colleges take foreign degree students in every day based on successful foreign credential evaluations. And to be honest, if the 'NA' matter is a concern your target school has (meaning they don't accept them), the reality is that a foreign credential evaluation that says you have a degree that's equivalent to U.S. RA (and has the appropriate GPA) is highly likely to get you enrolled with that school. The NA degree never will.
Easiest solution for UoPeople grads is to get into a masters using performance based admissions:
https://www.coursera.org/collections/pathway

Most of these masters either do not require a bachelors or are not strict about the type of bachelors (they just say any bachelors).
[-] The following 3 users Like smartdegree's post:
  • David1477, Pikachu, Vle045
(06-06-2024, 05:36 PM)eLearner Wrote:
(06-06-2024, 05:03 PM)Duneranger Wrote: LMAO these sketchy short cuts are so ridiculous. Just go get a normal RA degree like 99.9999% of people. Why make it so complicated....
It's not complicated.

The reason people do these things is for massive cost-savings which makes sense to do now more than ever. 

"Sketchy" implies that an action is dishonest which doesn't at all apply here.

"Extreme longshot" is an exaggeration. It's not that at all. U.S. colleges take foreign degree students in every day based on successful foreign credential evaluations. And to be honest, if the 'NA' matter is a concern your target school has (meaning they don't accept them), the reality is that a foreign credential evaluation that says you have a degree that's equivalent to U.S. RA (and has the appropriate GPA) is highly likely to get you enrolled with that school. The NA degree never will.

The reason I say it’s a long shot is because we don’t know how it will be evaluated. Results seem to be mixed. And it has to be evaluated by their approved list.  UMPI’s admissions for graduate study says it has to be an RA school.  For foreign students (and I am guessing US students with foreign degrees), it has to be evaluated by NACES or AICE approved evaluating organization. I am not going to cross reference to see if any have come back with the “right” result, but maybe someone else will know.  I think if someone has the “right” validation to get them in to UMPI’s MAOL that would end up going over really well here.  
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
(06-06-2024, 06:15 PM)Vle045 Wrote: The reason I say it’s a long shot is because we don’t know how it will be evaluated. Results seem to be mixed. And it has to be evaluated by their approved list.  UMPI’s admissions for graduate study says it has to be an RA school.  For foreign students (and I am guessing US students with foreign degrees), it has to be evaluated by NACES or AICE approved evaluating organization. I am not going to cross reference to see if any have come back with the “right” result, but maybe someone else will know.  I think if someone has the “right” validation to get them in to UMPI’s MAOL that would end up going over really well here.  

I think the OP's message shows a strong desire to attend UMPI, but there is a sliver of an indication that the OP is open to other schools, it just appears that the price has to be right. So my thought process in my previous post leaned toward the wide open options one would have with a successful foreign credential evaluation. 

Results in this realm are never a guarantee as I'm sure you're well aware, but ECE is said to still be evaluating the degrees as equivalent to U.S. RA Bachelor's degrees. Since ECE is a NACES member, this would work out. Other evaluators are awarding graduate diplomas/certificates/credits. With the graduate diploma/certificate result, some U.S. schools will consider admission if the credit amount is 30+ and focused on a single discipline.

I don't live inside of the US and my yearly salary is 12k$ working 3 jobs. This salary feeds a family of 4. If I would have the money then sure, I'd just go pay 40k for a bachelors and 20k for a masters like the average person in the US does and life would be great.

But I don't. That's why I have to take the "ridiculous LMAO sketchy short cuts" as you call them. Through Sophia + UoPeople I will soon have a bachelors degree for 1k USD total. Dumb sketchy shortcut or the only way to obtain a bachelors degree in my situation? Decide yourself.

That's why the option of getting a RA masters (starting at about 10k besides very very few competency based exceptions) is a complicated topic for me and I look for ways to minimize costs.

I have read several comments on the forum that UMPI accepts UoPeople credits as transfer credits for undergraduate programs but doesn't accept their students for the MAOL. UMASS Global, the only other RA Masters degree you can get cheaply if youre fast, explicitly states "regionally accredited undergraduate degree" in their admission requirements. This led to me the idea of fulfilling these requirements via ENEB if that's possible.

I lean towards UMPI MAOL due to the cost. WGU is not available to me and UMASS Global seems to have stricter requirements but would be an option too, ofc.

Another thing to add for understanding:

"Why don't you just pursue a local degree"? My country doesn't offer distance/online degrees and I can't stop working because my residence permit will be revoked if I don't work.
[-] The following 4 users Like David1477's post:
  • dutchdragon, Pikachu, Vle045, zebrahead
(06-07-2024, 02:53 AM)David1477 Wrote:

I don't live inside of the US and my yearly salary is 12k$ working 3 jobs. This salary feeds a family of 4. If I would have the money then sure, I'd just go pay 40k for a bachelors and 20k for a masters like the average person in the US does and life would be great.

But I don't. That's why I have to take the "ridiculous LMAO sketchy short cuts" as you call them. Through Sophia + UoPeople I will soon have a bachelors degree for 1k USD total. Dumb sketchy shortcut or the only way to obtain a bachelors degree in my situation? Decide yourself.

That's why the option of getting a RA masters (starting at about 10k besides very very few competency based exceptions) is a complicated topic for me and I look for ways to minimize costs.

I have read several comments on the forum that UMPI accepts UoPeople credits as transfer credits for undergraduate programs but doesn't accept their students for the MAOL. UMASS Global, the only other RA Masters degree you can get cheaply if youre fast, explicitly states "regionally accredited undergraduate degree" in their admission requirements. This led to me the idea of fulfilling these requirements via ENEB if that's possible.

I lean towards UMPI MAOL due to the cost. WGU is not available to me and UMASS Global seems to have stricter requirements but would be an option too, ofc.

Another thing to add for understanding:

"Why don't you just pursue a local degree"? My country doesn't offer distance/online degrees and I can't stop working because my residence permit will be revoked if I don't work.

I think you have a stronger option with using ENEB than someone living inside the US.  But you will want to take a look at the WIKI for ENEB and see if any of the approved evaluators have come back with a favorable outcome.  https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/EN...cy_Results

I am not sure if the single test option turns out the same as the written papers version.

The caveat with ENEB is that the utility is very subjective.  It really depends on what you want to do with it and where you live. It can easily stand on its own for some people.  For others, it might only work as personal enrichment.   I think some of us were looking at it from our own perspectives.
MBA - JWMI (in progress)
BA - Edinboro University
Certificate, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation

LawShelf Affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Additional course free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview

ENEB Affiliate
MBA + Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/N92904319K?ap=12c8
MBA *or* Master:  https://go.hotmart.com/S92904390Y?ap=44dc
(06-05-2024, 06:07 PM)eLearner Wrote: As for the test-based degree, that's just junk. 50 questions is not sufficient for a Master's, and now that Isabel no longer awards their degree unless you take the real Master's course where you actually do real work, you would be relegated only to the ENEB diploma which may not get favorable evaluation results. I say, it's best to do the work and earn the Isabel degree just so you won't get any surprises come evaluation time.

This is interesting and I hadn't heard about it. So, if you go down the test route now you cannot get an Isabel certificate? I guess the few hundred (thousand?) who managed to get Isabel degree certificates during that short period where the exam version was still new should count themselves very, very lucky.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,217 717,939 2 hours ago
Last Post: nykorn
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 82 40,282 09-19-2024, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Jujubee1990
  UN Masters Degree online for <9K David1477 7 863 09-15-2024, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,453 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,470 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,178 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 624 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Thoughts on LABASAD - Creative Online Masters - Escuela de Diseño Online magm 1 413 08-21-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  CU Boulder Masters on Coursera spohara 17 8,019 08-15-2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: spohara
  georgia tech online masters crowbird 13 1,786 08-11-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: sarahmac