Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding a BLS after BABA
I'm currently in the BABA Management Program but I want to also complete the BLS in accounting. Is this possible? There are only 2 more accounting classes I will need to complete the latter (plus 8 electives) if I am not mistaken.  Or should I just add the accounting minor to the BABA (only one more accounting class needed). Do I get to choose all the electives to complete the BLS, or can I add a minor to do so? Thank you!
Basically, You should just add the accounting minor to your BABA Management & Leadership concentration. The reason is because it goes like this, BLS > BABA is an option. Going from BABA to BLS as a second degree won't work, BLS is only available as a first degree. If for some reason you have a minor or two you want and a BLS degree first, you can get that completed and reapply to the BABA Management & Leadership.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia, Infinite-Telephone52
(05-28-2023, 08:58 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, You should just add the accounting minor to your BABA Management & Leadership concentration.  The reason is because it goes like this, BLS > BABA is an option.  Going from BABA to BLS as a second degree won't work, BLS is only available as a first degree.  If for some reason you have a minor or two you want and a BLS degree first, you can get that completed and reapply to the BABA Management & Leadership.

That really helps, I appreciate it! Do you know if you can double major with the BABA program? Such as adding BABA accounting to my BABA management major?  Lasty, is a minor listed on the diploma? Thank you!
(05-28-2023, 08:45 AM)Infinite-Telephone52 Wrote: I'm currently in the BABA Management Program but I want to also complete the BLS in accounting. Is this possible? There are only 2 more accounting classes I will need to complete the latter (plus 8 electives) if I am not mistaken.  Or should I just add the accounting minor to the BABA (only one more accounting class needed). Do I get to choose all the electives to complete the BLS, or can I add a minor to do so? Thank you!

You cannot complete a BLS after completing a BABA or any other bachelor's at UMPI. The BLS has to be the first degree completed if you want to get a BLS. You can complete the BA in Accounting or add the Accounting Minor to your BABA.

(05-28-2023, 09:08 AM)Infinite-Telephone52 Wrote: That really helps, I appreciate it! Do you know if you can double major with the BABA program? Such as adding BABA accounting to my BABA management major?  Lasty, is a minor listed on the diploma? Thank you!

Yes, you can double major, but 2 Concentrations doesn't make a double major. A double major would be a BA in Business Administration and a BA in History. The BABA's all have Concentrations. You can complete both the Accounting and the Management & Leadership Concentrations. Minors and Concentrations aren't list on the BABA diplomas. The BLS diplomas have listed the minors. The Concentrations and Minors are listed on the transcripts and that's what matters.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Infinite-Telephone52
Another option if you wanted to double major and not have a dual concentration, or add just an accounting minor is to do the BA Accounting and the current BABA Management & Leadership as your double major. Generally, you need to look at your energy, money, time you want to spend on the degree...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • Infinite-Telephone52
(05-28-2023, 05:46 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Another option if you wanted to double major and not have a dual concentration, or add just an accounting minor is to do the BA Accounting and the current BABA Management & Leadership as your double major.  Generally, you need to look at your energy, money, time you want to spend on the degree...

Thanks for the clarification on the concentrations/majors, I was not aware of that. I definitely don't have the energy for the BA in accounting. Just finished an AAS in accounting and it wasn't fun. I will surely consider your other suggestions, and I appreciate it! Thank you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Decision time: BABA/Leadership vs BLS/Management Kjnova 88 5,814 09-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: Kjnova
  Adding more sophia and study,com credits ChuckMcNab 2 334 08-26-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace BABA UnderGrad sunjaroa 1 366 08-21-2024, 09:22 AM
  Adding a Minor to Business Administration Major Mrbarbz 8 533 07-15-2024, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Mrbarbz
  UMPI BABA Marketing Mrbarbz 11 854 07-14-2024, 10:38 PM
Last Post: layermonkey
  BABA class for last 2 weeks rrrr 6 1,056 07-04-2024, 03:26 PM
  BABA Not Business Accredited klone 8 1,448 06-19-2024, 06:20 PM
  Find holes in my BABA plan BoatShoes 16 1,048 06-17-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: BoatShoes
Brick UMPI BABA to BAS switch denied anthonyk02 12 1,395 02-24-2024, 05:11 AM
Last Post: ashkir
  BABA v BLS Project Management - All Sophia Jbpooles1024 5 1,004 02-04-2024, 02:17 PM