Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Academic Evaluation errors?
Hello guys I just had my academic evaluation at TESU they accepted a total of 60 credits from the 87 credits I transferred in, but it seems like there may be a few errors. They counted my intermediate algebra class at a community college as an elective, is this normal? in addition they placed a public speaking class I had under electives as well. Can anyone who has experience on this give their input thank you.
Do you already show credit in the areas where you thought those courses should go?
No they don't and actually my intermediate algebra was placed under other credits. I think they didn't even count my intermediate algebra because next to it it says 0 credits.
Did your Intermediate Algebra have a math prefix (MAT-100, MATH 1003, that sort of thing)? Or did it have a developmental/ remedial prefix (DEV-010, REM 0003)?

If your credits have a DEV prefix, that means that *the school you previously attended* did not consider them to be college level. They counted as developmental hours and did not count toward your degree plan. You would have had to take a higher level of math to complete that degree.

Now go get your ALEKS Intermediate Algebra before that opportunity expires!
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
What KayV said.

I am in the exact same boat. I'm losing 10 credits because my community college math courses were DSM (developmental).

Let us know what you find out, though!

And, welcome to the forum!!
Angel 
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies Thomas Edison State University 2018
Cert in Emergency Management -
Three Rivers CC 2017
Cert in Basic Police Ed - Walters State CC 1996

Current Goal: new job
Working on: securing funding I don't have to pay back for a Masters.
Up Next: Toying with Masters Programs
Finished: First Degree

Older Experience with: PLA / Portfolios, RPNow, Proctor U, ACE, NCCRS, DAVAR Academy (formerly Tor), Straighterline, TESU, Ed4Credit, Study.com, The Institutes, Kaplan, ALEKS, FEMA IS, NFA IS, brick & mortar community colleges, LOTS of vocational schools...

My list of academic courses:
link

Fortune212 Wrote:Hello guys I just had my academic evaluation at TESU they accepted a total of 60 credits from the 87 credits I transferred in, but it seems like there may be a few errors. They counted my intermediate algebra class at a community college as an elective, is this normal? in addition they placed a public speaking class I had under electives as well. Can anyone who has experience on this give their input thank you.

TESU makes a lot of errors, but they are also great about correcting them. Once you determine whether or not your math class was high enough (100 or higher) I'd prepare an email that asks them to look at your courses again. What were the 27 that you didn't get credit for?
They are pretty responsive with getting things changed if they've made a mistake. If you want to copy your eval here (taking out your name), we can take a look and see what's going on.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Hello everyone, I have just received the email stating my academic evaluation is completed. I have attached it in this message. For some reason they did not accept my intermediate algebra, if anyone can provide their input it would be much appreciated. I hope I can begin my journey soon towards achieving my degree.Wink
.docx   Less than 1 minute ago">Academic Evaluation.docx (Size: 15.94 KB / Downloads: 0)
Fortune212 Wrote:Hello everyone, I have just received the email stating my academic evaluation is completed. I have attached it in this message. For some reason they did not accept my intermediate algebra, if anyone can provide their input it would be much appreciated. I hope I can begin my journey soon towards achieving my degree.WinkAcademic Evaluation.docx

The school you took it at considers it Developmental, so TESU won't count is as college-level credit.

Also, this eval is strange. They did some things wrong, you need to contact them to fix the problems:
1) Have them move Intro to Sociology from Human Cultures to Diversity
2) Have them move History of the US, Small Group Comm, & History of CA from Free Electives to Gen Ed Electives

It looks like someone who didn't know what they were doing was in charge of your eval!
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
okay i will message them and ask them to make the changes. Hopefully they will do it. Thank you for your input.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Quick, Cheap, Easy Academic Certificate kevinmane 11 3,447 09-10-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: ArshveerCheema
  Translation for the evaluation agency Throwmeaway1590 2 386 03-28-2024, 04:29 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Metropolia UAS ACEI Evaluation mariobros1985 18 2,282 01-17-2024, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Tomas
  Finland ECTS - WES Evaluation possible bjcheung77 2 832 10-07-2023, 04:38 PM
  ACEI Evaluation Fee whitenight 7 754 09-14-2023, 09:51 AM
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,945 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Liberal Studies evaluation in Germany - Europe Kab 1 827 01-29-2022, 05:15 PM
Last Post: FrHaseKopf
  Outschool - $3 Billion Evaluation! bjcheung77 0 588 11-01-2021, 06:39 PM
  Why is this a violation of academic integrity? Vle045 15 2,098 05-29-2021, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Vle045
  Harvard Extension's new online Academic Gap Year and undergrad certificates DIGI-212 4 1,677 06-26-2020, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Stoic