Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ISSA Certification
Since I went on a posting rant tonight asking for help, I thought I'd offer something of interest.  

I recently completed an ISSA certification in nutrition that was fairly easy to do and might be beneficial to the right person.    It was 100% online and self-paced.  Non-proctored test.   The book was online but a paper copy was available to order for an additional fee if that's your preference.   

There was a lot of biology and a lot of business since being a nutritionist is a business.   For those who've recently studied both topics, you'll find it a walk in the park with minimal study.   I completed the course in less than a week, though if you need to study those topics it could potentially take a lot longer.   

I took the course solely out of personal interest, though ISSA offers resources and job assistance for those who are interested in making nutrition a career.  They also offer an additional online personal training course for those who really want to get into the fitness industry.    I can't recall the exact fee, but it was in the hundreds not thousands.     I have no idea how easy or difficult it is to find a job with the cert as I did this solely for personal satisfaction, but I just thought I'd mention it since this forum mentions study resources and also certifications that help people who are interested in different topics.  

Since I've asked for help here on other topics, I thought I'd offer myself up as a resource for anyone who has ever considered ISSA certification.  There is one more prestigious certification out there and of course there are actual nutrition degrees for those more serious in working in clinical settings.  But for those who want to just find a book of business and offer nutritional advice to  (probably) weight loss or fitness clients, an ISSA cert is sufficient from what I have seen so far - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.   This isn't the type of cert that will get you the job at a hospital or working with patients.  If you're the type that already works at a gym or as a personal trainer, it would seem to be the type of cert that could be helpful.       I found the program fascinating and since the exams weren't proctored, they were totally stress-free.   They included a ton of multiple choice questions and some fairly tough essay questions in the final exam, but I scored highly without any problems.

Happy to answer any questions anyone has about the ISSA certification and hope that someone finds this helpful.  Admins please delete if this info doesn't apply to the forum or feel free to move to a different section.
Regis University, ITESO, Global MBA with a focus in Emerging Markets 4.0 GPA, Dual-university degree (Spanish/English) 
ISSA Certified Nutritionist
COSC BS, Business Admin

My BS Credits:
Spanish 80 | Humanities 67 | A & I Lit 72 | Sub Abuse 452 | Bus Ethics 445 | Tech Writ 62 | Math 53 | HTYH 454 | Am. Govt 65 | Env & Humanity 64 | Marketing 65 | Micro 61| Mgmt 63| Org Behavior 65| MIS 446|Computing 432 | BL II 61 | M&B 50 | Finance 411 | Supervision 437| Intro Bus. 439| Law Enforcement 63|  SL: Accounting I B | Accounting II C+| Macro A | ECE: Labor Relations A | Capstone: A| FEMA PDS Cert 
[-] The following 1 user Likes burbuja0512's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 558 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  Cambridge Certification Authority ? pluggingalong 5 1,025 09-01-2023, 08:28 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,685 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Tableau Certification; is it worth it? ifomonay 1 728 07-16-2022, 11:05 PM
  BCS certification In IT from ISS Nepal bjcheung77 0 635 12-01-2021, 01:40 PM
  No didn't receive credits for Google IT Support Professional Certification bashabi 15 3,638 03-03-2021, 01:16 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Difference between Certification & Licensure bjcheung77 2 1,078 10-04-2020, 06:43 PM
Last Post: BBryant165
  Construction Project Manager Certification humboldtjake 2 1,184 03-30-2019, 05:57 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Mom is re-entering the workforce, possible certification programs? bfleshman 4 1,207 01-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Last Post: tifferbugz
  Marketo certification study help? mrs.b 1 1,001 12-02-2018, 11:35 AM
Last Post: cookderosa