Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cambridge Certification Authority ?
I saw a mobile developer resume that had some certs from "The Cambridge Certification Authority", are they related to The University of Cambridge? I can't find anything on their website that says this.  If not, that would seem deceptive. 

https://www.the-cca.org/
It's not related to the university. https://www.the-cca.org/about/
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • pluggingalong
(12-18-2022, 03:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not related to the university. https://www.the-cca.org/about/

They say "The CCA is an independent body, set up to certificate students of Codestars courses", so I looked up "Codestars", they are a "digital publishing company" that was "Started by globally best-selling instructor Rob Percival". So a popular Udemy instructor has a teaching company (Codestars) and another company that offers "Independent" certification on the material in his courses. I've heard of Rob Percival, and he is a respected teacher, but this "CCA" business looks like they are trying to be deceptive. Like the now defunct "Packard Bell" computers, that were not related to HP or ATT.
(12-18-2022, 05:36 PM)pluggingalong Wrote:
(12-18-2022, 03:32 PM)rachel83az Wrote: It's not related to the university. https://www.the-cca.org/about/

They say "The CCA is an independent body, set up to certificate students of Codestars courses", so I looked up "Codestars", they are a "digital publishing company" that was "Started by globally best-selling instructor Rob Percival". So a popular Udemy instructor has a teaching company (Codestars) and another company that offers "Independent" certification on the material in his courses. I've heard of Rob Percival, and he is a respected teacher, but this "CCA" business looks like they are trying to be deceptive. Like the now defunct "Packard Bell" computers, that were not related to HP or ATT.
There are a few "colleges" and schools that have "Cambridge" and even "Oxford" in their names that have NOTHING to do with these famous Universities. Anything that DOES have a real tie to such Universities will clearly display the fact. 

I've even seen a couple of "learning" companies that use Oxford and Cambridge in their names that are actually located in Oxford or Cambridge, UK. Hence their use is legitimate -- and they do not claim connection with the universities. It doesn't stop some people making the association that isn't there, though...
[-] The following 2 users Like Johann's post:
  • pluggingalong, rachel83az
(12-18-2022, 05:36 PM)pluggingalong Wrote: They say "The CCA is an independent body, set up to certificate students of Codestars courses", so I looked up "Codestars", they are a "digital publishing company" that was "Started by globally best-selling instructor Rob Percival". So a popular Udemy instructor has a teaching company (Codestars) and another company that offers "Independent" certification on the material in his courses. I've heard of Rob Percival, and he is a respected teacher, but this "CCA" business looks like they are trying to be deceptive. Like the now defunct "Packard Bell" computers, that were not related to HP or ATT.

What a waste of a good name, that, even if unrelated to the actual Cambridge, would do wonders for an English School or a credit provider like Saylor or the like...
Yes, it's all a gimmick they use for name association for marketing and sales purposes, it's essentially used to get peoples attention... You'll see that all over the place with legit and also degree/diploma mills...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • elcastor21

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ISSA Certification burbuja0512 0 206 07-06-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 616 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,755 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
  Tableau Certification; is it worth it? ifomonay 1 762 07-16-2022, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  BCS certification In IT from ISS Nepal bjcheung77 0 652 12-01-2021, 01:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Cambridge International Exams - A Level or AS Level exams Lydclrk 1 891 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
Information Cambridge College Global 50% Discount Through SDC Up to 90 Transfer Credits MNomadic 5 1,414 08-09-2021, 11:53 AM
Last Post: harrypotter
  No didn't receive credits for Google IT Support Professional Certification bashabi 15 3,716 03-03-2021, 01:16 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Study.com/ Cambridge College Partnership + 50% off Tuition harrypotter 3 1,166 10-07-2020, 09:04 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Difference between Certification & Licensure bjcheung77 2 1,095 10-04-2020, 06:43 PM
Last Post: BBryant165