Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No didn't receive credits for Google IT Support Professional Certification
Hey everyone!

I recently received an academic evaluation from TESU. I thought I will be getting 12 credits as I read in this forum, but I didn't. This is the message I received:

The University cannot award credit for the professional training programs completed through the institutions listed below.
Google IT Support Professional Certificate
Data Science Professional Certificate
Applied Data Science Capstone
Databases and SQL for Data Science
Data Science Orientation
Tools for Data Science
Machine Learning with Python
Data Visualization with Python
Data Analysis with Python
Python for Data Science and Al
Data Science Methodology
The programs have not been evaluated for academic credit through the American Council on Education (ACE), the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) or through the TESU Office of Professional Learning Review (OPLR). The Portfolio Assessment (PA) method of earning credit and/or the Thomas Edison State University Testing Program (TECEP) could be considered for the knowledge gained through the completion of these courses. Please visit the University website to learn more about these processes. You may also obtain information about the PA and TECEP programs in the Undergraduate Registration Bulletin.

So did I or TESU did something wrong or is this new procedure? Thanks.
(02-27-2021, 08:24 PM)bashabi Wrote: Hey everyone!

I recently received an academic evaluation from TESU. I thought I will be getting 12 credits as I read in this forum, but I didn't. This is the message I received:

The University cannot award credit for the professional training programs completed through the institutions listed below.
Google IT Support Professional Certificate
Data Science Professional Certificate
Applied Data Science Capstone
Databases and SQL for Data Science
Data Science Orientation
Tools for Data Science
Machine Learning with Python
Data Visualization with Python
Data Analysis with Python
Python for Data Science and Al
Data Science Methodology
The programs have not been evaluated for academic credit through the American Council on Education (ACE), the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) or through the TESU Office of Professional Learning Review (OPLR). The Portfolio Assessment (PA) method of earning credit and/or the Thomas Edison State University Testing Program (TECEP) could be considered for the knowledge gained through the completion of these courses. Please visit the University website to learn more about these processes. You may also obtain information about the PA and TECEP programs in the Undergraduate Registration Bulletin.

So did I or TESU did something wrong or is this new procedure? Thanks.
It used to be 3 credits not 12 at TESU.

Sent from my SM-G981V using DegreeForum.net mobile app
In Progress: CSU MS Occupational Safety | TESU BALS HR & Computer Science | TESU AAS Admin Studies
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, HRM

Completed: TESU AAS Environmental, Safety & Tech, BA in Environmental Studies/ Natural Science and Mathematics

TESU does not award 12 credits for the Google certificate. They award 3. However, you have to send it in on an ACE (Acclaim) transcript and not directly from Coursera. If you didn't take the certificate on Coursera then I don't know if/how you can get your Acclaim badge in order to be able to claim the credit.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
Thanks for the rapid response, I appreciate it. I did send the certification through ACE Acclaim's transcript, so I don't know why I didn't receive any credits. So what are the colleges that accept the certification and how many credits one receives?
WGU gives you 4 credits for the Google IT Support Professional certificate. If you want an Associate's degree while working on your Bachelor's (and you are American), Pierpont gives you the full 12 credits. Excelsior might give you credit but it's not certain.

What degree are you trying to obtain?
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
What degree are you going for? Purdue Global is very generous with credits for certifications. They have 2 types of programs - Excel Track which is a competency based program and the regular semester based programs. All degrees are not available in the Excel Track though. They also accept ACE credits.
The cert itself is 12cr through ACE, but different schools give different credit for it. Some don't give any.

I don't think anyone on this forum has ever gotten 12cr from TESU for this particular cert (they are VERY stingy with IT Certification credit). The most has ever been 3cr.

Purdue University Global gives you 10cr-q for this (10 quarter-credits = 6.67 semester credits): IT190: IT Concepts (5qcr), IT14L: LL IT Elective (5qcr). So not a lot for that school, but a bit better than TESU.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I did the Google IT course and got 3 from TESU and 12 from Pierpont like mentioned above, all sent through ACE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes utility's post:
  • Pikachu
I think OPs comment about not getting 12 credits for the Google IT Support cert is a bit of a red herring.

TESU hasn't given bashabi ANY credits!!

Either TESU has made a mistake in OPs evaluation, or TESU has changed their policy and now isn't awarding even 3 credits for the IT Support certificate.

It'd be good to know whether this is a mistake, or yet another new hurdle for getting credits with TESU.
[-] The following 1 user Likes innen_oda's post:
  • Novo
(02-28-2021, 05:06 PM)innen_oda Wrote: I think OPs comment about not getting 12 credits for the Google IT Support cert is a bit of a red herring.

TESU hasn't given bashabi ANY credits!!

Either TESU has made a mistake in OPs evaluation, or TESU has changed their policy and now isn't awarding even 3 credits for the IT Support certificate.

It'd be good to know whether this is a mistake, or yet another new hurdle for getting credits with TESU.

The message he got from TESU was that it hadn't been ACE-recommended for credit, which is not true.  I wonder if the eval is incomplete, or if they made a mistake as well.  I would contact them and ask about it, to see what they say.  If there's an issue with the ACE/Acclaim Transcript, we do need to know that.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cheap, easy graded credits for increasing GPA. Treach 9 793 09-05-2024, 05:18 PM
Last Post: karehiro
  Does any institution apply over 90 transfer credits? hlg38 7 663 08-24-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Transferring credits ecomony 8 398 08-19-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Question about TESC credits robertturner 0 212 07-25-2024, 03:09 AM
Last Post: robertturner
  IBM Machine Learning Professional Certificate Nukeme3 4 494 07-08-2024, 06:20 AM
Last Post: Nukeme3
  Google Project Management Cert? GoBroncos95 11 862 07-06-2024, 11:24 PM
  A new program in Colorado recognizes students who didn’t complete their bachelor’s de davewill 4 677 07-06-2024, 11:22 PM
  ISSA Certification burbuja0512 0 205 07-06-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: burbuja0512
  Transfer Credits for Certificates 3ichael7ambert 9 892 05-30-2024, 08:16 PM
  So... I Asked IU if they accept ACE credits, they do! elcastor21 22 3,014 05-15-2024, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Travellifter