Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A&I Literature exam (ready or not)
Hey! I have been studying for this exam i am using REA Exam Book and Peterson's Exam online. I have been getting mid 40's answers correct out of 80. Do you think i am ready? I heard these books are harder than the exam. Is that true? Any tips to get my score higher? Thanks in advance for your help!

SD
sdeserio Wrote:Any tips to get my score higher?

Get more questions correct! hilarious

Seriously though, a lot of people say this is an exam that you can't really study for. You can either interpret the passages or not.

Check out the specific exam feedback for some tips. There's a lot of good stuff in there.

FWIW-I scored about the same on the Petersen's exams and ended up with a 71 on the exam.
EXCELSIOR COLLEGE
BS-LS: AoF Admin/Mgmt Studies
0 to BS in under 9 months

EXCELSIOR CLASSES (7 Credits)
College Math (A) Eng Comp (B) Info Lit (P)

CLEP (42 Credits)
A&I Lit-6CH (71) SS&H-6CH (66) Humanities-6CH (65) Mgmt (66) Marketing (66) HG&Dev (61) Info Sys&Comp App (60) Sociology (60) Psych (59) Business Law (55) Am Gov't (50)

DSST (57 Credits)
Found of Ed (67-A) Fund of Counseling (67-A) Intro to Business (65-A) Civil War & Recon (62-A) Tech Writing (59-A) Intro Law Enforcement (59-A) Principles of Supervision (58-A) Org Behavior (57-A) Environ&Humanity (53-B) Anthropology (52-B) Astronomy (52-B) World Religions (450) Substance Abuse (450) Ethics in America (447) HTYH (433) Intro to Comp (432) Personal Finance (422) Criminal Justice (409) Mgmt Info Sys (409)

ECE (21 Credits)
HR Mgmt (A) Cultural Diversity © Ethics © Organizational Behavior (B) Found of Gerontology © Psych of A&A © Social Psych ©

Up Next:
MPA @ AMU stating Sept 09
[COLOR="Navy"]Not yet.

Try the Petersons "practice" exams too - Good Luck![/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
The only studying that actually helps is to make sure you know the technical jargon forwards and backwards. Look through the REA book and memorize what things like iambic pentameter, free verse, metaphor, etc. mean. Some of the questions on the actual test will be geared around those things and knowing that stuff forwards and backwards may give you the edge you need to pass.
The only thing that is worth studying for A&I Lit is terms, which you can find lists of all over the Internet. I don't know what's in the REA book, as I didn't bother with it, but I doubt it's much help. If you read widely, then you'll be fine. If you don't, then I'm not sure there's anything you can do to prepare other than study terms, although those are a small portion of the test.
Kelly
BS, History - Excelsior College - 2011
I would agree with scholar interrupted for the most part. The only reason I would suggest the REA book would be for the CDROM practice tests.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
I passed the test with a 50! I am so relieved! That is what i was approximately obtaining when i was studying with the REA Book and The peterson's course. I found the passages were very long and longer than both the REA and Peterson's study guides (i barely had enough time to finish). I guess it is on to the next exam. Deciding what to take:

American Literature
English Literature
Humanities
Social Sciences and History
Biology
College Mathematics
Natural Sciences

I have to take 4 more tests. Which one would you pick? Thanks in advance!

sd
Congrats on your pass!!

There is a lot of info on English Lit on the forum to help make your decision. I recommend only doing EL if you really like to read classic lit, did well on A&I and have time to really dig into poetry. The tough thing about EL is that there is very little opportunity to take practice tests.

Passed:

American Gov, US History 1, US History 2, Computing, Info Systems, Humanities, Sociology, Art, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, Social Sciences and History, Civil War, Business, Vietnam, A&I Lit, Law Enforcement and Criminal Justice, American Lit, English Lit, Astronomy, Supervision, 1 FEMA, Total -79
yeah one thing that makes this easier is if you've taken the PSAT's or the SAT's. I took both, so this was nothing new to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No ACE credits on ACTFL exam? Aikuroa 12 1,810 01-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  BIO-208 TECEP exam yellowshehulk 2 1,116 04-30-2023, 05:46 PM
Last Post: WHOASIS1
  SPECIFIC EXAM FEEDBACK SECTION….. ShotoJuku 1 823 04-01-2023, 10:19 PM
Last Post: katsoulis
  Intel’s 12th Gen CPU can’t handle the Bar exam bluebooger 3 1,069 07-16-2022, 12:19 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Free access to job ready Coursera certs cardiacclep 22 4,497 06-28-2022, 06:53 AM
Last Post: sayazop
  DSST Exam online gams007 3 1,360 11-23-2021, 09:16 PM
Last Post: NoStudentNoCry
  The World's Hardest Exam Alpha 4 1,624 10-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 2,057 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,749 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Remote Exam Proctoring Software/System bjcheung77 3 1,231 05-11-2021, 03:27 PM
Last Post: innen_oda