Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
$900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC)
(08-19-2024, 11:15 AM)spree610 Wrote: Something is fishy to me. This company is using a .org and the DEAC company (while having the same address) has a different phone and is listed as elmwood.edu.

Elmwood Institute
Address
2433 Coolidge Avenue

Oakland, CA 94601
United States

Phone
415-376-7166
Email

info@elmwood.edu

Website

https://www.elmwood.edu
Category 
Degree Granting
Founded

Initial Accreditation
January 1998

Next Accreditation Renewal
June 2028
Accreditation Status 
Accredited
The information listed for Elmwood is identical to the current Patten University, save the telephone number and website:

PATTEN UNIVERSITY
ADDRESS
2433 Coolidge Avenue
Oakland, CA 94601
United States
PHONE 626-966-4576
EMAIL info@patten.edu
WEBSITE http://www.patten.edu
CATEGORY Degree Granting
FOUNDED 1969
INITIAL ACCREDITATION January 1998
NEXT ACCREDITATION RENEWAL June 2028
ACCREDITATION STATUS Accredited

Elmwood is not yet a (separately) accredited institution, so it isn’t eligible for a .edu domain. Why does DEAC give them one?  Hard to say, but it seems like it is either 1) and error on DEAC’s part or 2) Elmwood has applied for Elmwood.edu and is on track for that once they are accredited and a gun was jumped by listing it on the DEAC website, either by the school or the accreditor. 

The 626 number listed for Elmwood is the primary telephone number for Patten, per Patten’s website:

https://www.patten.edu/contact-us
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
I changed my mind and started September 1st instead of October. I was a bit afraid that they may change the pricing or something would happen so I'm going to start with the first class in September. They seem very nice and there is great communication so far. They're getting my logins and registration completed. Under two weeks and then we'll see how this program is laid out and done!!
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025
MLM - Elmwood Inst. - May 2025
M.Ed - UoPeople - April 2027

Up Next:
Ph.D in Change Leadership in Equity and Inclusion  - UCA

Finished Degrees:
AAS Board of Governors -PC&TC  8/2021
ASBA (cum laude) -  Franklin University 9/2022
BS Social Science (cum laude) - Franklin University 12/2022

[-] The following 1 user Likes TINASAM's post:
  • allvia
They accepted my ACEI evaluation.
(08-19-2024, 02:26 PM)TINASAM Wrote: I changed my mind and started September 1st instead of October. I was a bit afraid that they may change the pricing or something would happen so I'm going to start with the first class in September. They seem very nice and there is great communication so far. They're getting my logins and registration completed. Under two weeks and then we'll see how this program is laid out and done!!

I'm in WA state and it's in the list below, just wondering which state you're in as you mentioned you were accepted.  This may help others as some member mentioned there may be 3 different pathways to applications, an accepted pile, a rejection pile, and a possible pile...

Elmwood Institute is licensed, authorized, or exempt in the following states:

Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Louisiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, and Washington.

(08-19-2024, 03:58 PM)MrPanda Wrote: They accepted my ACEI evaluation.

Oh. that's great... ACEI should be part of AICE members, it's the other group of evaluation agencies other than the NACES members. These are the two main groups... https://aice-eval.org/members/
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Just heard back about if you can accelerate:

"Yes, the courses are self-paced so if you are able to finish the course in less than 16 weeks that is perfectly fine. You would just register for your next course(s) in the next available term. "
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025

Up Next:

Finished Degrees:

(08-20-2024, 09:19 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Just heard back about if you can accelerate:

"Yes, the courses are self-paced so if you are able to finish the course in less than 16 weeks that is perfectly fine. You would just register for your next course(s) in the next available term. "
Woohoo!
(08-20-2024, 09:24 AM)wow Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 09:19 AM)TINASAM Wrote: Just heard back about if you can accelerate:

Woohoo!

Yes this is awesome news!
Current Degree Programs:
MASS  - GSU - May 2025

Up Next:

Finished Degrees:

Has anyone requested an evaluation of transfer credits when applying?

(I just finished an edX MicroMasters [University of Canterbury's Organizational Psychology certificate] and am curious if they might consider awarding any credit for similar coursework I recently completed in that program.)
(08-20-2024, 09:40 AM)TINASAM Wrote:

Woohoo!

Which state are you in again? Hold your horses! I read that differently, you can finish your classes before the 16 weeks. However, you can register for your classes in the next term. Where's the acceleration? You're still bound to next class next term, it's different than say, add another class to the current 16 weeks in the current term, that's the acceleration I would look for.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(08-21-2024, 12:23 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
(08-20-2024, 09:40 AM)TINASAM Wrote:

Woohoo!

Which state are you in again?  Hold your horses! I read that differently, you can finish your classes before the 16 weeks.  However, you can register for your classes in the next term.  Where's the acceleration?  You're still bound to next class next term, it's different than say, add another class to the current 16 weeks in the current term, that's the acceleration I would look for.
Hi BJ-- Terms are staggered. Term starts every month.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 3,297 758,646 52 minutes ago
Last Post: cahyo_adi
  University of Michigan - Master of Applied Data Science Team Rocket 2 307 10-12-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  (Mostly) Free Master of Ministry in Pastoral Leadership TINASAM 23 3,070 10-08-2024, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Elmwood Institute MLM - My Experiences TINASAM 35 3,510 10-03-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: TINASAM
  CLEA Masstercursos master course paddyqr 55 9,992 10-01-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Clubes72
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 14 1,872 09-23-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Question Cheapest online master's degree in *anything?* profstudent 31 13,689 09-23-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: Geonho Lee
  Is Swiss School of management Accredited? soulblader 5 2,511 09-23-2024, 07:49 AM
Last Post: elbulk
  Smart.ly & WorldQuant - Initial DEAC Application bjcheung77 17 5,282 09-05-2024, 02:07 PM
Last Post: cacoleman1983
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 1,045 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32