Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TAMUC class review
Course: CID 342 Leading Innovation
Instructor: P Bussell
Course content: Posted articles, chapters of books, videos, and other links are posted to read.
Exam format: 1 pre test and 1 post test. Multiple choice answers with some written response on post test that are 1 paragraph answers.
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information from the pre and post tests can be found in the linked reading from the course.
Final exam or project: 1 final project. Create a business plan. Guided writing assignment, 10 writing responses most are 1-2 paragraphs.  
Time taken on course: About 1 week total, 5 days after work.
Familiarity with subject before course: I knew about 50% before, I was least familiar with the business plan.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: straightforward course no surprises.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 2 or 3

Mods, can you copy paste this to my 1st post for easier reading by members?
In progress: Just Finished:
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
San Jacinto College A.A.S. Automotive Technology
[-] The following 1 user Likes ltw900rr's post:
  • agsfisher
Course: ORGL 3311 Foundations of Organizational Leadership
Instructor: Dr B.
Course content: Articles, videos, and other links are posted to read.
Exam format: 1 pre test and 1 post test per section. There are 6 sections in the class. Multiple choice answers with some written response usually 2 or 3 short written responses per post test all 1 paragraph or less.
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information from the pre and post tests can be found in the linked reading from the course.
Final exam or project: 2 final projects. Video project about your personal views on leadership. Topics are given for you to discuss in video. 2nd project is a personal leadership strategy document that is guided reading with questions to answer about leadership.
Time taken on course: About 1 week total, 5 days after work, 1 Full Saturday
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 60% before.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: straightforward course no surprises, best organization in a class so far.
1-10 Difficulty level: I would give this a 3.5 just for the amount of work required, 6 post tests and 2 projects.

Mods, can you copy paste this to my 1st post for easier reading by members?

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
  • agsfisher
TAMUC Course: ORGL 3321 Organizational Communication
Instructor: Mrs. W.
Course content: Textbook, videos, and other links are posted to read.
Exam format: 1 pre test and 1 post test per section. There are 3 LO sections in the class. Multiple choice answers with one written response on one post test. Post tests are timed.
Final exam or project: 1 final project that is a guided document with questions to answer about communication.
Time taken on course: About 1 week total, 4 days after work.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 70% before.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: No surprises. Majority of post test questions are from Online textbook for course.
1-10 Difficulty level: 3
  Link to online textbook

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
  • agsfisher
TAMUC Course: HIST 1302: U.S. History from 1865
Instructor: Dr. D
Course content: Textbook, videos, and other links are posted to read.
Exam format: Pretest: Short ID, Multiple Choice, and 2 Essays 3 LO: Multiple Choice, Short ID, and 1 Essay Each Post Test: Short ID, Multiple Choice, and 2 Essays 
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information from the pre and post tests can be found in the linked reading from the course.
Final exam or project: Post Test consists of short ID, multiple choice, and 2 essays. Not timed. 
Time taken on course: About 1 week total with coursework completed daily after work. 
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew most of the concepts beforehand. 
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: The professor is very straightforward with what is required. Just follow the rubric and you will be good to go. 
1-10 Difficulty level: 5 due to the amount of writing
BAAS ORGL-Texas A&M University-Commerce Summa Cum Laude 

MBA-ENEB

AAS BOG AOE: Criminal Justice-Pierpont Community and Technical College

[-] The following 1 user Likes txc1500's post:
  • ltw900rr
TAMUC Course: ORGL 3322 Organizational Ethics
Instructor: Mrs. A.
Course content: links to multiple textbook readings, videos, and other links are posted to read. 
Exam format: 1 pre test and 1 post test per section. There are 6 LO sections in the class. Multiple choice answers with two written responses on some post tests, some post test do not have a written response. 1 or 2 of the Post tests are timed, if there was a written response on a post test it was not timed. If it was only multiple choice, it was timed. There are some post test questions from the videos, video transcripts are available on youtube.
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information from the pre and post tests can be found in the linked reading from the course. I did find a couple of questions that were not in the material. There are practice tests that may be helpful before taking the post tests.
Final exam or project: 1 final project that is a 6 to 8 page paper about the Ford Pinto fuel tank and related business ethics. You can find examples of the assignment by searching online.
Time taken on course: About 30 hours of time total.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 60% before.
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: Majority of post test questions are from multiple online textbook articles and videos for course. The paper is the hard assignment for this course. I am still waiting on it to be graded. If you're trying to get ahead before taking this course, get started on the paper.
1-10 Difficulty level: 4, maybe a 5 if I don't get at least an 80 on the paper. If you like writing, you may rate the course lower than a 4, but writing long papers is a challenge for me.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
  • agsfisher
Edit for the post above on Organizational Ethics 1-10 Difficulty level. I had to make corrections to my paper, so my final rating for the class would be a 5. The paper was difficult for me, because some of the items they want you to discuss are not covered in the course material. If you're a great writer, you may feel the course is easier.

TAMUC Course: ORGL 3331 Data Driven Decision Making
Instructor: Mrs. B.
Course content: links to multiple textbook or article readings, YouTube videos are posted for the course also. 
Exam format: 1 pre test and 1 post test per section. There are 6 LO sections in the class. Multiple choice answers on tests. no more than 10 questions on pre or post tests.
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information from the pre and post tests can be found in the linked reading from the course. I did find a couple of questions that were not in the material. 
Final exam or project: 1 final project. Download an Excel file. Write a 3 page summary about the information. Use Excel to make pivot charts about the data. Use the paper summary, and the pivot charts to make a power-point. You submit a 3 page paper, excel file with pivot charts, and a power-point. 
Time taken on course: About 35 hours of time total.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 50% before. The Excel pivot charts were new for me.  
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: LO 1-6 and quizzes go quick. The project is the hard assignment for this course. I had difficulty with the Excel file and pivot charts because the instructions were not clear. Instructions want you to make a pivot chart for 2018 and 2019 and then a comparison. That works on the 1st one comparing revenue for the 2 years. But on the other items top 10 and top 8 etc, you cannot make a comparison pivot chart for 2018 and 2019. I watched several YouTube videos and called some friends who use excel like this for a living. That part wasted some time and created frustration.
1-10 Difficulty level: 4.5, The only part that is difficult is the project at the end, because the instructions were not clear.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
How many more classes do you have to go?

Great feedback!
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-06-2023, 07:02 PM)LevelUP Wrote: How many more classes do you have to go?

Great feedback!

6 more to go!!! 

I plan to finish in the Spring semester.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
[-] The following 2 users Like ltw900rr's post:
  • agsfisher, LevelUP
Thanks so much for sharing all this information!  

Congratulations on your progress so far.

(12-06-2023, 06:23 PM)ltw900rr Wrote: Edit for the post above on Organizational Ethics 1-10 Difficulty level. I had to make corrections to my paper, so my final rating for the class would be a 5. The paper was difficult for me, because some of the items they want you to discuss are not covered in the course material. If you're a great writer, you may feel the course is easier.

TAMUC Course: ORGL 3331 Data Driven Decision Making
Instructor: Mrs. B.
Course content: links to multiple textbook or article readings, YouTube videos are posted for the course also. 
Exam format: 1 pre test and 1 post test per section. There are 6 LO sections in the class. Multiple choice answers on tests. no more than 10 questions on pre or post tests.
Exam content vs course content/practice exams: The information from the pre and post tests can be found in the linked reading from the course. I did find a couple of questions that were not in the material. 
Final exam or project: 1 final project. Download an Excel file. Write a 3 page summary about the information. Use Excel to make pivot charts about the data. Use the paper summary, and the pivot charts to make a power-point. You submit a 3 page paper, excel file with pivot charts, and a power-point. 
Time taken on course: About 35 hours of time total.
Familiarity with the subject before course: I knew about 50% before. The Excel pivot charts were new for me.  
Pitfalls, high points, things others should know: LO 1-6 and quizzes go quick. The project is the hard assignment for this course. I had difficulty with the Excel file and pivot charts because the instructions were not clear. Instructions want you to make a pivot chart for 2018 and 2019 and then a comparison. That works on the 1st one comparing revenue for the 2 years. But on the other items top 10 and top 8 etc, you cannot make a comparison pivot chart for 2018 and 2019. I watched several YouTube videos and called some friends who use excel like this for a living. That part wasted some time and created frustration.
1-10 Difficulty level: 4.5, The only part that is difficult is the project at the end, because the instructions were not clear.

Did the youtube videos and the friend ultimately help you figure this out?  Any suggestions or specific youtube links which were helpful you'd like to share?  Thank you.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agsfisher's post:
  • ltw900rr
(12-13-2023, 04:06 PM)agsfisher Wrote: Thanks so much for sharing all this information!  

Congratulations on your progress so far.

Did the youtube videos and the friend ultimately help you figure this out?  Any suggestions or specific youtube links which were helpful you'd like to share?  Thank you.
I made a 98 on the final project. The instructions were not clear on the project. The videos posted in the course about creating pivot charts are correct, and great guides to use. The instructions in the project ask you to make comparison pivot charts for the top 10, top 8 and top countries. This was the part that is not possible using a pivot chart. You can make a pivot chart for 2018 and 2019, but not a comparison pivot chart. On the first pivot chart, you are comparing monthly sales for 2018 and 2019. This is the only time you can use the comparison pivot chart. 
I have run into many examples while completing the TAMUC classes where there were mistakes in the instructions. It can be very frustrating.

Previous:
Sophia 27 Credits
[-] The following 2 users Like ltw900rr's post:
  • agsfisher, dy4242

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TAMUC BAAS in OL is done. Next up, Masters! HoustonGuy 9 134 8 hours ago
Last Post: allvia
  TAMUC BAAS ORGL DONE! txc1500 10 467 10 hours ago
Last Post: mohelena02
  TAMUC Happy first day of Spring 1 ltw900rr 41 2,882 04-10-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: ltw900rr
  TAMUC Competency Based Program List bjcheung77 86 13,262 04-07-2024, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Bsnipedavis
Lightbulb Purdue University Global - BA Information Technology [Review & Advice] 9yeire 49 7,567 04-04-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Bsnipedavis - TAMUC - Assistance Requested Bsnipedavis 20 2,650 03-16-2024, 08:50 AM
  TAMUC RN-to-BSN Competency Based ReyMysterioso 8 520 02-17-2024, 07:04 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  TAMUC ORGL - Complete! fromthedepths 10 1,433 01-11-2024, 12:29 PM
Last Post: fromthedepths
  TAMUC BAAS Organizational Leadership - Only 15 Classes To Go! mohelena02 47 6,285 01-11-2024, 11:50 AM
  TAMUC - Sophia advanced hours telldomis 3 619 01-11-2024, 01:08 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77