Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Strayer Challenge Exams
Yes it is only the $20 to proctor u. The books that are specific to the challenge exams are listed in the course of study which is listed under each class on the credit by exam portion of the strayer website. The classes do need to be applicable to your major at strayer to be transcripted.
Thanks so much for posting your experience with this. The fact that you got 9 accounting credits for $60 is amazing. Please update with how it turns out for you.
I don't know what the future holds, but I know Who holds the future.
dfrecore Wrote:I just contacted Strayer via Chat, about this. I asked if I could enroll ($50 application fee) and then immediately take Challenge Courses? They said yes! I would like a couple more people to find out about this. Because they have a bunch of upper level courses that I need to complete a HR degree, and my husband to get his IT degree.

The $20 fee is paid to ProctorU directly, and is the only fee (so far) that I can see that you need to pay. Not sure about course materials/book to study with. I asked, she said they have a list of books, but didn't give me any additional info. So I need to find out about that.

If anyone else goes on to find info, please put it on this thread!

Thanks.

I have been a Strayer student since 2010. I have three Electives left to finish my Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice. It sounds like the information you received was correct, but maybe incomplete. The "Challenge Exams" are $20; no other hidden fees or anything, but you do have to be a student and the tests are based on Strayer's textbooks so you would want to purchase the most recent version of the text for said class. The one thing I'm concerned you may not have been told is that Strayer does have a residency requirement if you intend to obtain your degree from them, so you do actually have to take a minimum number of classes there. My question is whether or not the credits are transferrable if you've never actually taken a class with Strayer. It seems like there should be a way for Strayer to prevent people from enrolling in their school just to benefit from the discounted price of their Challenge Exam and then using those credits elsewhere, without ever really being a Strayer "student".
From the senior academic advisor at the business school, it is possible to transfer credits from Strayer's challenge exams to TESC. It's best to ask for the exam to be pre-approved for your degree plan.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Why would you want that? Strayer is not going to discount your tuition or give you an attaboy for possibly closing a loophole. Everyone on this site is looking for the fastest, convenient, and Cheapest! way to complete their degree.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
justice15 Wrote:I have been a Strayer student since 2010. I have three Electives left to finish my Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice. It sounds like the information you received was correct, but maybe incomplete. The "Challenge Exams" are $20; no other hidden fees or anything, but you do have to be a student and the tests are based on Strayer's textbooks so you would want to purchase the most recent version of the text for said class. The one thing I'm concerned you may not have been told is that Strayer does have a residency requirement if you intend to obtain your degree from them, so you do actually have to take a minimum number of classes there. My question is whether or not the credits are transferrable if you've never actually taken a class with Strayer. It seems like there should be a way for Strayer to prevent people from enrolling in their school just to benefit from the discounted price of their Challenge Exam and then using those credits elsewhere, without ever really being a Strayer "student".

Why would you want that? Strayer is not going to discount your tuition or give you an attaboy for possibly closing a loophole. Everyone on this site is looking for the fastest, convenient, and Cheapest! way to complete their degree.
[/QUOTE]
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
I see there were a few people taking these exams. Did anyone ever successfully transfer them to another college (mainly thinking BIG 3)?
MS CSIA From WGU - December 2018
B.S. Cybersecurity - COSC - August 2016
A.S. - COSC - May 2015
Can anybody tell me how long it took to prep for Strayer challenge exams

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 377 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Exciting News at ENEB! Introducing test-type exams to fast-track your studie akr680 37 5,834 10-27-2023, 06:53 AM
Last Post: karehiro
  Anybody taken any certification exams (CPA, CIA, CFE, etc.)? kevinmane 9 2,420 08-21-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: lisarox
Information New Batch of Microsoft Exams are now ACE(data, cloud, cs, UL) MNomadic 5 1,410 04-05-2022, 04:56 AM
Last Post: jch
  Cambridge International Exams - A Level or AS Level exams Lydclrk 1 727 09-17-2021, 06:07 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
Exclamation Is Sophia similar to Study in terms of course format and allow Open Book exams? OP88 4 1,342 05-26-2021, 05:29 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Applied to Strayer University - FREE Winter term! bjcheung77 14 2,638 11-13-2020, 02:27 PM
Last Post: ylmir
  Pearson OnVUE - Online Excelsior Exams bjcheung77 5 1,363 09-23-2020, 11:33 AM
Last Post: nomaduser
  Does your community college offer challenge exams? muu9 2 1,012 07-19-2020, 04:21 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Course hero membership... Worth it for SL final exams? onmygo 2 3,914 03-07-2020, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4