Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education?
I'm looking for GRADUATE credits in Education/Teaching (to transfer in to a Master's degree), preferably as cheap as possible, in a totally self-paced setting like Sophia etc. I searched and couldn't figure out if these sites are graduate level or not:

Straighterline - $99/mo fee + $80-100 per course
Study.com - $235/month, $188/mo with a 20% off coupon.
(One of those has a cap of limiting you to only 2 courses per month.)

Graduate-level according to their catalogs, however I don't know if they're legit:
creditsforteachers.com - course fee $189 + university fee $165 = $354 per class
equcation4equity.com - $398/course
tlcgraduatecredits.com - $425/course

Please let me know if there are more cheap options, if Straighterline or Study.com are graduate level, etc. I have already Emailed my university's admissions department and am waiting for a response.

EDIT: I made a typo, it's "education4equity", but my browser won't let me edit the post.
There are very few universities that will accept transfer credits at the graduate level, so study.com and StraighterLine just don't bother. It's all undergrad. I don't know about the others. I'll have to look at their sites later, but they may be only CUs/CEUs. Not transferable credits, but credits for teachers to show that they are still learning something.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
My university accepts transfer credits for a Master's up to 15 credits.

At least one of those other sites specifically say you can get transferrable graduate school credit, and the option is there from the course selection list for audit vs credit.
Your best bet are the VESI courses, they have transcripts with multiple colleges/universities, I highly suggest them as your first choice. Another option is to take the LawShelf graduate courses and have them transcribed on a different transcript, some schools such as PUG take them as upper level credit, not in education, but you get the upper level credit and it's NCCRS, not many institutions will take these.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thanks, I checked VESI out, unlike the other sites I listed in my original post, on first glance (clicking on various schools for my state) it doesn't look like any of the VESI courses would transfer as the course material does not 1:1 correspond to courses at the school I'm getting my Master's at. However they will probably help someone else, and I will look into the site more deeply in case there is a different course selection from another state that could transfer.

I didn't see any Education/Teaching courses at LawShelf at all but will look more closely soon. My Master's doesn't involve Gen Ed so all I need are Education courses.
Oh, yeah, you can check out all the options for colleges/universities they partner with... there are some that aren't even in the list, like Amberton, they take VESI courses and they're not on the list of colleges/universities... I would try with contacting your institutions of choice to see if they would accept the courses before throwing out that option.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline Spanish 1 yc1981 4 130 04-26-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 8 715 04-23-2024, 03:14 PM
Last Post: hsufeng
  Excelsior Transfer Credits, limit? Stoffelhoff89 4 225 04-16-2024, 04:24 PM
Last Post: Stoffelhoff89
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 542 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 203 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,365 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 5,231 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
Brick MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam riteshvpandya 2 368 02-26-2024, 11:31 PM
Last Post: riteshvpandya
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 361 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 608 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle