Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAT150 - Straighterline - Final Exam
Brick 
hello everyone,
I have an upcoming final exam on the MAT150 straighterline course. Has anyone taken this recently, and can share any tips, tricks, or just information on what types of questions can be expected?
The previous exams were not straight forward for me with the math problems being more complicated than I had grasped, and really need to do well in the final exam. Would appreciate any guidance from someone who has completed this recently.
Business Stats! This is where I actually passed the class, I had a hard time with ALEKS (all three of them), then I switched to StraighterLine Intro To Stats which used Acrobatiq, I had a hard time passing that class as well, I didn't get past the 70% on either of them. I was going to try Study.com until I looked at StraighterLine's Business Stats class, I passed it with an 85% because it's algebra based vs calculus based options such as Acrobatiq and ALEKS. The short of it, you can try getting as high of a % you can with any StraighterLine class, then for the final, you can have a mediocre score and still be able to pass, the final I think was 30% of the grade, and the exam is open book.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-26-2024, 11:21 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Business Stats! This is where I actually passed the class, I had a hard time with ALEKS (all three of them), then I switched to StraighterLine Intro To Stats which used Acrobatiq, I had a hard time passing that class as well, I didn't get past the 70% on either of them.  I was going to try Study.com until I looked at StraighterLine's Business Stats class, I passed it with an 85% because it's algebra based vs calculus based options such as Acrobatiq and ALEKS.  The short of it, you can try getting as high of a % you can with any StraighterLine class, then for the final, you can have a mediocre score and still be able to pass, the final I think was 30% of the grade, and the exam is open book.

Thank you! 
Was the final heavier on problem solving? Its got 40 questions worth 300 points total, all within 2 hours - thats like 3 mins per question!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Straighterline Spanish 1 yc1981 4 123 Yesterday, 03:11 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Missing Credly Badges form StraighterLine legenwait4itdary 4 538 03-29-2024, 01:19 AM
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 199 03-27-2024, 07:53 AM
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 470,202 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Is the Introduction to Religion REL 101 proctored exam at Straighterline open book? Breaachh 2 359 02-16-2024, 10:49 PM
  StraighterLine: do I have to complete everything to finish a course? jch 3 729 11-11-2023, 09:02 AM
Last Post: jch
  Straighterline Bio Lab Invoice reir 0 447 11-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: reir
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 659 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM
  Straighterline Exams defscarlett 9 1,201 08-16-2023, 09:09 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Did my first ever final exam on Study.com. Realized Google Chrome was still minimized Tyranova 2 816 08-13-2023, 07:32 PM
Last Post: Tyranova