Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New considering UMPI but….
Considering UMPI but I don’t have credits, I will start to work on some of the supplemental options like study or Sofia etc.  I am curious has anyone completed a BA with UMPI and no credits or just a few like 8, if so how long did it take to complete the Yourpace program?  I saw that the BA in psychology is a new program, was curious how the classes and coursework/homework was going and what kind of work you have to submit? Any tests?
Generally, we advise trying to maximize your transfer credits before enrolling in college to enhance your chances of graduating successfully.

However, there are situations where you might not want to maximize credits at UMPI:
  • If the registration deadline is approaching, and you already have 60 or more transfer credits, and you don't want to wait until the next term.
  • If you need to complete 60 graded credits at UMPI to improve your chances of getting into graduate school.
  • If you plan on pursuing multiple majors or minors, which would entail completing more than 30 credits at UMPI regardless.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
[-] The following 1 user Likes LevelUP's post:
  • lady082210
@manyoptions4me, Welcome to the board. That's a very good first post with a bit of details, however, it's missing most of the addendum and template here. My only advice for now is to provide a better overview of your overall scenario... Please copy/paste the template and update this (your current thread) with the information it's looking for: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

To answer your questions, yes... it's great to ask questions and get some information that may help you, so, work with Sophia.org first (not Sofia). You can take some time reading some posts and also the WIKI plans to see which degree you're going for, again, make sure to complete the addendum/template so we can help you better, we need to know specifics...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • manyoptions4me
For various reasons, we strongly urge students to at least complete GEC requirements for UMPI before enrolling. Not doing so can drastically slow your progress. Fortunately, it's pretty quick and easy to complete GEC requirements at Sophia. Since you have no credits, following this is perfect for you: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quirements
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • manyoptions4me
Your Location: State and Country: NJ USA
Your Age: OLDER THAN 23, MIDLE AGE
What kind of degree do you want?: trying to decide between
BA IN either PSYCHOLOGY FROM UMPI (starts in few weeks this DEC 2023) OR THOMAS EDISON OR
UPMI BA IN BABA – Management & Leadership online program or
Thomas Edison Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership (interested in pursuing a master in the future)
Picked these 2 institutions as they seem to be the least costly)

I am trying to level up in my field into a leadership management role, I enjoy process improvements, I’ve been in fashion and recently have been part of software 3d piloting and Technology projects that have led me to learn about UX design, UX research and I’ve heard psychology degrees are a good base to have if you want to shift into that career. Just feel stuck and looking to move to the next level in management or UX.

[b]Current Regional Accredited Credits:
I went to a small school now closed in NY, wood tobe coburn, heard credits where not regional but not sure since school closed, found random online posts “Wood Tobe-Coburn School New York State Board of Regents, and the Commissioner of Education”

School Name Total Credits: # wood tobe coburn 60 credits, AOS ASSOCIATES DEGREE

Class Name, Credits, Grade:
GPA, 3.35

Course Names
Business Communications I Fashion Drawing
Fashion Fundamentals Keyboarding I
Business Communications I Apparel Design
Computer Aided Apparel Design I Evolution ofFashion
Keyboarding I
ApparelDesign I
Draping
Historyof 20th CenturyFashion Fabric Analysis
Design and Construction I
Contemporary Designers Textile Science
ComputerAided Apparel Design I
Design andConstruction I
Fashion Presentation I
Sportswear Design and Development ComputerAided ApparelDesign I
Manufacturing Operations Professional Development
Design Externship
Design Studio Portfolio Development

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: None

Provider Total Credits: # 60? ( I think I have to start from scratch)

Budget: 6,000
Commitments: family life, full time job
Dedicated time to study weekly: 8/10hrs max
Timeline to complete: Will consider 1.5 to 1 yr to complete
Tuition assistance/reimbursement: ZERO paying with student loans
Tests or essays: I am ok with either, but don’t mind tests and would prefer than a 10 page ESSAY BUT I am flexible

Side note:

I found this other program: MOUNT SAINT VINCENT IN NEW YORK
https://online.mountsaintvincent.edu/onl..._wcB&gad=1

PS: how do I find the entire psychology BA course outline of the core classes and GEC FOR UMPI? do I really have to go to the dif. Areas or tabs within the website? http://catalog.umpi.edu/content.php?cato...curriculum
So, You're in NJ, no wonder TESU is another institution you're looking at, they're a good choice for in-state pricing, you can do a flat rate for 15 residency credits at $3319, and complete the rest from alternative credits, I suggest the BALS-Psych concentration option... And you can ladder up to the WGU MSML for Organizational Leadership (Management & Leadership)

UMPI: You've got the AOS, you're looking to ladder that into a Bachelors, the UMPI BLS with a Psych minor and another minor of your choice would be best use of your credits.  You can take the 3-4 UMPI courses that will transfer into the UMPI MAOL and call that a day.  It will be at least 2 sessions for you to finish the Bachelors, that'll be just $3K total, so slightly less than TESU.  

BTW, if you can transfer your RA credits from Wood Tobe-Coburn, those can be used for your electives (all 60 of them at UMPI or 30 of them for your BALS-Psych at TESU), see this link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid310078

• midnite123
Wood Tobe-Coburn credit would be considered nationally accredited (NA) at best, not regionally accredited (RA). Its accreditor was New York State, which used to be a nationally recognized accreditor by the U.S. Department of Education.
(10-14-2023, 08:30 AM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: Wood Tobe-Coburn credit would be considered nationally accredited (NA) at best, not regionally accredited (RA). Its accreditor was New York State, which used to be a nationally recognized accreditor by the U.S. Department of Education.

Hi Jonathan & Bjcheung77, regarding my credits, Sad yes that’s was I was thinking, so essentially I don’t think my AOS Will Transfer anywhere and I have to start from scratch…so I have to work on Sophia and study courses to advance and then look into TESU or UMPI.

Also I don’t see UMPI BLS W/ a psych minor? I am assuming I can add the minor as I submit my application. I am wondering if you were advising to take the “Online Bachelor of Liberal Studies - Management Minor” plus add psych as a minor? (Sorry trying to make sure I am clear) or just in general take the BLS and the 2 minor elections I make..Humm good idea!

I am liking your option ideas with TESU, BALS-Psych concentration option... then ladder up to the WGU MSML for Organizational Leadership (Management & Leadership) in the future.

I was actually preferring to go with UMPI, nothing in particular just thought the name of the institution sounds better to me it not sure how I feel in getting the psychology part as a minor but I will think about it.
Apply to UMPI for a BLS with a couple minors (management & psych), send all transcripts, see if they can provide you a favorable evaluation, they may do a case-by-case basis. For TESU, I would hold off unless you really want to attend TESU, back in 2020 when I wrote that post, I found elsewhere that indicated NY was RA vs what we believe now. I would take the chance with these 60 credits (free electives), worse comes to worse, you can take 60 credits in less than a month of Sophia.org...

• origamishuttle
UMPI sometimes takes NA credit! It's worth trying.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • origamishuttle

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 148 04-26-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 294 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 278 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 202 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 185 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 343 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 312 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,662 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 505 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 361 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM