Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New considering UMPI but….
(11-29-2023, 12:38 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(11-29-2023, 12:21 PM)manyoptions4me Wrote: @rachel83az thanks for your help in clarifying! I will possibly take the OPI

@bjcheung77 regarding the BABA, I see that it has more requirements and it takes longer. I know this is not an easy question to answer but what have most been experiencing when it comes to the total time it's taken them to complete a BABA? I read someone said it took them 7m

The BABA does not have more requirements than any other degree at UMPI. All bachelor's degrees at UMPI require 120 credits. Many people have completed the BABA from UMPI. I have both the BLS and the BABA. They took me the same amount of time.

@ss20ts thanks for clarifying this. I have been trying to figure out which degree to pursue.
@manyoptions4me, it's true that the degrees all require 120 credits, 40 credits in the GEC. Having said that, the BLS has 60-62 elective credits, your minor only takes 18 credits, compared to the BA/BABA only have 18-21 credits, the major already takes roughly 60. For someone starting from scratch, it would be the same if the upper level courses are identical, plus, if someone is bringing in 60+ credits or an associates degree, it depends on the classes they have taken or will be taking.

Here's an example, pretend you have an AAS in something technical with 40 credits GEC, you're going for the BLS with any minor of your choice. Your 'technical' credits or whatever that's not really usable in GEC would be placed there, thus giving you much more flexibility as I mentioned. This would be your easiest/fastest option. Having said that, if you have an AA Business and most of the undergrad classes required for the BABA, you'll pretty much be on equal footing as the BLS...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Update to all @bjcheung77 @ss20ts @rachel83az

so it turns out my Associates degree from Wood Tobe Coburn credits did not transfer so I wanted to ask for guidance and thoughts. I have a few ideas but let me know if those are not realistic.

Jessica/advisor notified me that they can do a separate review, where it's like an interview by admissions to assess if I do have some of the skills for them to consider giving my credits just based on my professional and other educational training. For example I am wanting to get credit for:
1) Effective Written & Oral Communication, Learning Objective C
2) Critical and Creative Thinking-Learning Objective D, since I've had career exposure to graphic design, design foundations & computer aided design (I have a digital portfolio). I took CAD I, II & III, and fashion portfolio development.
3) Critical and Creative Thinking-Learning Objective E: Experience of the Arts of Art History, would equate from my fashion apparel studies and fashion manufacturing industry work.
4) Bus 141 Intro to Project Management w/ Microsoft Projects-same note here i believe my background shows that I have experience and I have had Project 5) Management and Scrum Agile certifications
5) Pcj 215 Business Communication-same note as above, I took classes in College

I would ideally like to finish and get my BA sooner but I can also digest the reality of my life, so trying to accomplish as much as I can into my current schedule is not realistic...I work full time and have a family and I am trying to avoid any burn out or stress of failing.

Option #1
I just completed 5 courses via Sophia in December and UMPI accepted those. So I can keep this start date at UMPI in a few weeks in Jan 15th and finish my GEC courses along the way or later on when I have downtime between UMPI courses/work etc? (would need to check with advisor if I can submit GEC credits later, not sure if they need to be taken in a particular order?)

or
Option #2
I can shift my UMPI start date for Mid of March, and continue to take sophia GEC courses between now until March.

any tips suggestions?
manyoptions4me Wrote:Option #2
I can shift my UMPI start date for Mid of March, and continue to take sophia GEC courses between now until March.

any tips suggestions?

Sophia.org is the way to go for now, complete as many transfer credits (up to 90+) towards the UMPI degree of choice by following the WIKI. When you have the transfer credits completed, then start the session in Mid March... Review the WIKI, create a degree plan spreadsheet and share it with us as a viewable (not editable) file linking us to your one/google drive.

(01-01-2024, 11:20 AM)manyoptions4me Wrote: Update to all @bjcheung77 @ss20ts @rachel83az

so it turns out my Associates degree from Wood Tobe Coburn credits did not transfer so I wanted to ask for guidance and thoughts. I have a few ideas but let me know if those are not realistic.

Jessica/advisor notified me that they can do a separate review, where it's like an interview by admissions to assess if I do have some of the skills for them to consider giving my credits just based on my professional and other educational training. For example I am wanting to get credit for:
2) Critical and Creative Thinking-Learning Objective D, since I've had career exposure to graphic design, design foundations & computer aided design (I have a digital portfolio).  I took CAD I, II & III, and fashion portfolio development.
3) Critical and Creative Thinking-Learning Objective E: Experience of the Arts of Art History, would equate from my fashion apparel studies and fashion manufacturing industry work.
4) Bus 141 Intro to Project Management w/ Microsoft Projects-same note here i believe my background shows that I have experience and I have had Project 5) Management and Scrum Agile certifications

I would ideally like to finish and get my BA sooner but I can also digest the reality of my life, so trying to accomplish as much as I can into my current schedule is not realistic...I work full time and have a family and I am trying to avoid any burn out or stress of failing.

Option #1
I just completed 5 courses via Sophia in December and UMPI accepted those. So I can keep this start date at UMPI in a few weeks in Jan 15th and finish my GEC courses along the way or later on when I have downtime between UMPI courses/work etc? (would need to check with advisor if I can submit GEC credits later, not sure if they need to be taken in a particular order?)

or
Option #2

any tips suggestions?

Honestly, you should (in my humble opinion) maximize your transfer credits. Transfer in as much credit towards your degree as you can. Don't reinvent the wheel. Follow one of the many UMPI degree plans on the degree forum wiki. By not maximizing your transfer credits you are 1, wasting time, 2 wasting money. So many people burn out doing competency-based programs by not bringing in as much credit as possible.
[-] The following 4 users Like indigoshuffle's post:
  • Darknigh7, LevelUP, manyoptions4me, ss20ts
(01-03-2024, 12:29 PM)indigoshuffle Wrote:
(01-01-2024, 11:20 AM)manyoptions4me Wrote: Update to all @bjcheung77 @ss20ts @rachel83az

2) Critical and Creative Thinking-Learning Objective D, since I've had career exposure to graphic design, design foundations & computer aided design (I have a digital portfolio).  I took CAD I, II & III, and fashion portfolio development.

Option #1

or
Option #2

any tips suggestions?

Honestly, you should (in my humble opinion) maximize your transfer credits. Transfer in as much credit towards your degree as you can. Don't reinvent the wheel. Follow one of the many UMPI degree plans on the degree forum wiki. By not maximizing your transfer credits you are 1, wasting time, 2 wasting money. So many people burn out doing competency-based programs by not bringing in as much credit as possible.

@indigoshuffle TY! I will have to move my start date to a later date, as I said, my AAS credits did not transfer in and I am starting from scratch, taking as much as (GEC) I can via sophia Smile

Also I am reconsidering if I am having to start from scratch, I am comparing BABA versus BLS. I am wanting the door to be open to do the master program in the future. I read that BABA is a better degree in general versus BLS.
https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
Yes, continue with the credits from Sophia.org, even if that means you need to delay your current time frame to start in March, you want to make sure all the credits are transferred from a source such as Sophia.org first... If you have the energy/time management to power through these two months, you should be able to get that 90 credits...

(10-14-2023, 12:11 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: So, You're in NJ, no wonder TESU is another institution you're looking at, they're a good choice for in-state pricing, you can do a flat rate for 15 residency credits at $3319, and complete the rest from alternative credits, I suggest the BALS-Psych concentration option... And you can ladder up to the WGU MSML for Organizational Leadership (Management & Leadership)

UMPI: You've got the AOS, you're looking to ladder that into a Bachelors, the UMPI BLS with a Psych minor and another minor of your choice would be best use of your credits.  You can take the 3-4 UMPI courses that will transfer into the UMPI MAOL and call that a day.  It will be at least 2 sessions for you to finish the Bachelors, that'll be just $3K total, so slightly less than TESU.  

BTW, if you can transfer your RA credits from Wood Tobe-Coburn, those can be used for your electives (all 60 of them at UMPI or 30 of them for your BALS-Psych at TESU), see this link: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid310078

Hi,

With TESU ,
do they only require 15 credits from TESU?
Then the rest from Sophia, etc

THANL YOU!!!!
midnite123 Wrote:With TESU ,

THANL YOU!!!!

Yes and no, you have multiple options of getting things done, 1 or 2
1) 15 credit flat rate tuition fee
2) 6 credits, pay the residency waiver fee
3) Military - 24 credits, 18 with TECEPs, 6 cornerstone/capstone

Courses vs Residency Waiver #1: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
16 Credits vs Residency Waiver #2: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Waiver-Fee
ACTFL/Foreign Credits: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-to-Big-3
Transfer Policy: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Explained

[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • midnite123
(01-13-2024, 03:57 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
midnite123 Wrote:With TESU ,

THANL YOU!!!!

Yes and no, you have multiple options of getting things done, 1 or 2
1) 15 credit flat rate tuition fee
2) 6 credits, pay the residency waiver fee
3) Military - 24 credits, 18 with TECEPs, 6 cornerstone/capstone

Courses vs Residency Waiver #1: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
16 Credits vs Residency Waiver #2: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Waiver-Fee
ACTFL/Foreign Credits: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-to-Big-3
Transfer Policy: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Explained
I appreciate it!
Thanx!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is a philosophy minor possible at UMPI? LevelUP 8 159 04-26-2024, 11:34 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Sophia Scores and Transferring to UMPI colonelcamp 7 304 04-25-2024, 10:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Inquiry Regarding Equivalent Classes for Remaining UMPI Requirements hicham78h 5 280 04-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Math GECs Sophia/UMPI colonelcamp 3 202 04-24-2024, 10:07 AM
  Should I contact UMPI now or wait until I finish my GEC with Sophia then contact them JusW 3 185 04-22-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: JusW
  UMPI YourPace BLS w/ Management Minor Reference Plan valentvne 6 348 04-21-2024, 10:23 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  minimum age for UMPI students YourPace EducationSeeker 6 314 04-20-2024, 05:19 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,664 04-19-2024, 03:01 PM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 506 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 362 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM