Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Masters in Public Admin
Anyone have any good leads on some MPA degrees that are pretty easy?
There isn't an easy master degree in the game; however, there are degrees that may fit your strength more than others. Perhaps a more valuable inquiry would include your strengths, and we can suggest programs that might be aligned well for you.
Virginia University of Lynchburg Doctorate of Healthcare Administration 
Universidad Isabel I / ENEB MBA & Master in Big Data and Business Intelligence, summa cum laude
University of Presque Isle BABA Management and Leadership, magna cum lauda
RANSOMSOUL
[-] The following 1 user Likes KSoul's post:
  • indigoshuffle
I have no idea on ease, but for affordability (and online) Lamar offers a MPA - https://degree.lamar.edu/online-programs/business/mpa/
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • jg_nuy
For Canadian citizens, the Master of Public Administration program at the Royal Military College is open to civilians, relatively low cost ($8500 USD / $12000 CAD) and has a relatively high acceptance rate. Classes are mostly asynchronous but a couple are remote/Zoom based. Not self-paced/competency-based.

https://www.rmc-cmr.ca/en/registrars-off...nistration
Masters degrees aren’t easy..
BABA, New England College, 2019
[-] The following 2 users Like harrypotter's post:
  • allvia, FastTrackDegree
(01-03-2023, 08:46 AM)Mike Williams Wrote: Anyone have any good leads on some MPA degrees that are pretty easy?

I don't know about easy, but Arkansas State's MPA is probably among the cheapest, especially if you you want a program that is NASPAA accredited. Eight week sessions.

Lamar University and University of Texas Permian Basin also have very affordable programs.

I'm doing a program at Eastern Illinois University, which I really like, but it isn't technically an MPA. It's a Master of Arts in Political Science with a concentration in Public Administration & Public Policy. I was admitted into all three programs I applied for (two of which were MPAs), but chose this one because it offered more flexibility with class choices, so I could tailor the degree to my own professional interests. I have a thread laying out my experience with the first semester, and providing more information about the school, here. And there's a bit more info here

Murray State also offers an online program, and while it's reasonably priced, it's a bit more expensive than any of the others listed above.
Master of Arts in Political Science: Public Administration & Public Policy, Eastern Illinois University
Bachelor of Arts in History & Political Science, University of Maine at Presque Isle
Like everyone is saying. Masters degrees worth more than the paper they're written on are not going to be easy. I just decided to go for my MPA after my Organizational Leadership degree and am pretty much set on UT-Rio Grande Valley for the cost, name recognition, ability to go at my own pace, and also the ability to pick from electives that actually matter to what I want to learn.
I once saw on a t-shirt, “I don’t need easy, I just need possible”
[-] The following 2 users Like indigoshuffle's post:
  • collegecareerstudent, Mike Williams
(01-03-2023, 10:41 AM)KSoul Wrote: There isn't an easy master degree in the game; however, there are degrees that may fit your strength more than others. Perhaps a more valuable inquiry would include your strengths, and we can suggest programs that might be aligned well for you.

Easy was probably the wrong term...lol , but maybe various types of programs outside the norm

(01-03-2023, 09:18 PM)wildebeest Wrote:
(01-03-2023, 08:46 AM)Mike Williams Wrote: Anyone have any good leads on some MPA degrees that are pretty easy?

I don't know about easy, but Arkansas State's MPA is probably among the cheapest, especially if you you want a program that is NASPAA accredited. Eight week sessions.

Lamar University and University of Texas Permian Basin also have very affordable programs.

I'm doing a program at Eastern Illinois University, which I really like, but it isn't technically an MPA. It's a Master of Arts in Political Science with a concentration in Public Administration & Public Policy. I was admitted into all three programs I applied for (two of which were MPAs), but chose this one because it offered more flexibility with class choices, so I could tailor the degree to my own professional interests. I have a thread laying out my experience with the first semester, and providing more information about the school, here. And there's a bit more info here

Murray State also offers an online program, and while it's reasonably priced, it's a bit more expensive than any of the others listed above.

Thanks, yes I agree with everyone's statement, "easy" was a poor choice of words. I guess I was looking for online or CBE type of programs outside the norm of a brick and mortar classroom setting.

(01-03-2023, 10:38 PM)teejayb Wrote: Like everyone is saying. Masters degrees worth more than the paper they're written on are not going to be easy. I just decided to go for my MPA after my Organizational Leadership degree and am pretty much set on UT-Rio Grande Valley for the cost, name recognition, ability to go at my own pace, and also the ability to pick from electives that actually matter to what I want to learn.

Yes, something like this is what I was looking for. Thank you!
Belhaven might be the least expensive I have seen. https://www.belhaven.edu/academics/busin...ation.html
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 1 user Likes Vle045's post:
  • allvia

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,684 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 300 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  JD & Masters History - 22 year old bjcheung77 0 477 04-24-2023, 12:13 PM
  Where did they go? Kids missing from public schools bjcheung77 5 665 02-16-2023, 02:20 PM
Last Post: davewill
  UMPI & Masters Degree midnite123 9 1,851 11-10-2022, 06:04 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  From 3 Struggling Public Colleges, a New University Emerges LevelUP 2 760 08-24-2022, 02:15 PM
Last Post: allvia
  DeSantis signs bill limiting tenure at Florida public universities Pats20 34 3,043 07-16-2022, 04:36 AM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Arizona Families who bail on public school will get $7,000 per kid smartdegree 9 1,499 07-02-2022, 04:19 PM
Last Post: smartdegree
  How do I get the fastest bachelor’s degree and masters degree online in India? bhakti641 3 1,175 01-07-2022, 01:50 AM
  EdX Bachelors, Masters, Doctorate degree expansion bjcheung77 3 1,116 01-06-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: MNomadic