Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Little Turned Off by Patten University
I thought I could possibly finish a bachelor's in business at Patten in 4 months and maybe a little less than TESC, so I contacted them for more information. They called me multiple times while I was either at work or doing something else, but I was finally able to answer the phone. They told me to email them copies of my unofficial transcripts and CLEP/DSST scores. They also sent me a link to fill out the application. I didn't finish filling out the application because they make you choose a payment method and enrollment date right at the beginning. My enrollment counselor was nice. She wasn't overly pushy, but still a little pushy. She kept asking me when I was going to finish the application, and I told her I wanted to see the preliminary evaluation first. I finally received it and saw that I would need almost 60 credits to finish. Immediately after I received the preliminary evaluation, they ordered my transcripts for me. That's nice and all, but I hadn't even made a decision to enroll nor did I finish the application. I received multiple emails and phone calls to sign off on the transcript requests. I finally told the enrollment counselor that I didn't think they would request my transcripts until I finished the application and that I decided to go with TESC since I needed less credits and could test out of them for less than a term at Patten. She wished me luck and didn't bother me again, but I was still a little turned off by their enrollment tactics.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
I have to say my experience was completely different. I started off chatting with them on the web page and then I contacted them by phone. I spoke with an enrollment advisor and she answered all my questions, wasn't pushy or aggressive. In 1 month they have contacted me by email 3 times, all follow up to unanswered questions. I also filled out the application and then stopped when I got to the payment info and start date. I told my advisor that I was planning to start in a month or 2 and she was cordial and accepting. Had 1 more email asking for transcripts and that was it. I'm still nervous and cautious because some others have mentioned difficulties or disappointment with Patten but I'm scheduled to start the MBA program in late September and hoping for the best.
MBA - Western Governors 2019
BSBA - TESC 2014

CLEP/DSST:  Principles of Management 69 | Human Resource Management 64 | Introduction to Computing 466 | Principles of Marketing 67 | Organizational Behavior 61 | Management Information Systems 466 | Principles of Supervision 437 | Introduction to Business 434 | Business Ethics and Society 431 | Introductory Business Law 56 | Macroeconomics 54 | American Government 59 | Money & Banking 52 | English Composition

Straighterline:  Accounting I (89%) | Accounting II (75%) | Financial Accounting (82.5%) | Managerial Accounting (86.7%) | Business Communications (84%) | Microeconomics (87%) | Religions of the World (88.5%) | Organizational Behavior (93%)

Penn Foster: Finance (89%) | Strategic Business Management (97%)

ALEKS:  College Algebra (78%)
According to my advisor, you'd have to pay a fee if you completed the "free" application but then dropped out. That made me put off applying till I'm really, really sure I want to complete a degree with them. But other than that, my advisor was pretty cordial.
No one told me that. Thank goodness I didn't finish it.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
You just have to probe deeper when chatting with them. :p

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  experience with the University of London Givenes 1 158 Yesterday, 09:01 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  University protests and working past retirement age... bjcheung77 12 582 05-03-2024, 08:57 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 14 2,017 05-01-2024, 03:56 AM
Last Post: graduatesoon
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,896 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 396 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 2,037 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 886 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,409 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,920 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 466 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader