Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
University protests and working past retirement age...
Many more protests are happening at universities, here's an article about the subject...

Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/how...r-AA1nNfm8

Here's an individual who is 100 years of age and still working four days a week... 

Link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/retireme...r-AA1dM46S
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
Columbia grew a set of cojones and told all student protesters that if they don't disperse by 2:00pm they'll be suspended. Hopefully other schools follow suit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RJ77's post:
  • fmsoa
(04-29-2024, 01:42 PM)RJ77 Wrote: Columbia grew a set of cojones and told all student protesters that if they don't disperse by 2:00pm they'll be suspended. Hopefully other schools follow suit.

“An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law”
-MLK Jr.

-
Joe the engineer
-
Joe
(04-29-2024, 01:42 PM)RJ77 Wrote: Columbia grew a set of cojones and told all student protesters that if they don't disperse by 2:00pm they'll be suspended. Hopefully other schools follow suit.

This in-fighting between the extremist wing and mainstream/establishment wing of the Democratic Party is hurting Joe Biden in the poll, along with a poor economy and high inflation. Time to stop this shenanigan, go back to debate what concerns everyday Americans and Joe would have a much better chance come November.
(04-29-2024, 11:33 PM)fmsoa Wrote:

This in-fighting between the extremist wing and mainstream/establishment wing of the Democratic Party is hurting Joe Biden in the poll, along with a poor economy and high inflation. Time to stop this shenanigan, go back to debate what concerns everyday Americans and Joe would have a much better chance come November.

“First, I must confess that over the last few years I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate… The white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises… to wait until a "more convenient season."’
MLK Jr.

-
Joe the engineer
-
Joe
Looks like Columbia kept their word and started suspending students. And Cornell has begun to do the same. Maybe they can finish their studies at Sophia...
[-] The following 2 users Like RJ77's post:
  • fmsoa, inor
(04-29-2024, 10:06 PM)NotJoeBiden Wrote:

“An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law”
-MLK Jr.

-
Joe the engineer

Very interesting MLK Jr. quote, could you explain your understanding of the end part of it? I tried to google explainers for this quote and nothing comes up. I would love to get a deeper context for this. Why he thought that expressed respect for the law. I don't have an agenda and am not being snarky, genuinely curious and wanting to understand, I find myself agreeing and want to understand the meaning deeper.
Currently:
UCA (University of Central Arkansas) Ph.D. Change Leadership for Equity and Inclusion 

Completed:
WGU MSML
TAMUC BAAS Org Leadership
PMP, CSM, CSPO, Google Project Management Certificate
Sophia 19 Classes | Study.com 12 Classes
[-] The following 2 users Like mohelena02's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, NotJoeBiden
(04-30-2024, 11:20 AM)mohelena02 Wrote:

-MLK Jr.

-
Joe the engineer

Very interesting MLK Jr. quote, could you explain your understanding of the end part of it? I tried to google explainers for this quote and nothing comes up. I would love to get a deeper context for this. Why he thought that expressed respect for the law. I don't have an agenda and am not being snarky, genuinely curious and wanting to understand, I find myself agreeing and want to understand the meaning deeper.

It was from a letter that Dr. King wrote while imprisoned in a Birmingham jail for protesting segregation. He essentially meant that it is just to disobey or break unjust laws. He was referring to segregation, voting rights for Black citizens, things of that nature. He went on to point out that everything Hitler did was technically "legal", but that people shouldn't passively accept evil things done under the guise of law, because doing so is perpetuating evil. 

Quote:"I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws," he wrote. "Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that 'an unjust law is no law at all.'"

You can read more about it here https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ml...cna1287569
[-] The following 2 users Like RJ77's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, NotJoeBiden
Nonviolent yet physically disruptive protests are a cost of living in a free country. If we went too long without such protests I'd be worried that the country had become less free.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jonathan Whatley's post:
  • NotJoeBiden
(04-30-2024, 12:49 PM)RJ77 Wrote:
(04-30-2024, 11:20 AM)mohelena02 Wrote:

-MLK Jr.

-
Joe the engineer

It was from a letter that Dr. King wrote while imprisoned in a Birmingham jail for protesting segregation. He essentially meant that it is just to disobey or break unjust laws. He was referring to segregation, voting rights for Black citizens, things of that nature. He went on to point out that everything Hitler did was technically "legal", but that people shouldn't passively accept evil things done under the guise of law, because doing so is perpetuating evil. 

Quote:"I would be the first to advocate obeying just laws. One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws," he wrote. "Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws. I would agree with St. Augustine that 'an unjust law is no law at all.'"

You can read more about it here https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/ml...cna1287569

anguage of Leadership: MLK's Letter from Birmingham Jail

https://youtu.be/HcILwmveBBU?si=DlEd0uAZ7dllzAdV
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  American Public University? nomaduser 44 4,465 Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  experience with the University of London Givenes 1 197 05-11-2024, 09:01 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 14 2,046 05-01-2024, 03:56 AM
Last Post: graduatesoon
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 404 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 2,107 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 914 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh
  University of Idaho acquiring University of Phoenix bjcheung77 10 1,427 03-04-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  University of California System Bans Fully Online Degrees davewill 23 3,955 03-01-2024, 10:57 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  LLB University of London Online newdegree 1 472 02-28-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: freeloader
Brick Want a bachelor's degree in 3 years? University of Minnesota, Morris is trying... Ares 8 683 02-24-2024, 06:04 PM
Last Post: natshar