Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking Financial Assistance for UMPI YourPace Program
Hello everyone,

I am a Nigerian student with a strong passion for learning and personal development. As an avid online student, I have taken hundreds of courses in various fields, amassing over 300 undergraduate academic credits. My educational journey has been enriched by institutions like Coursera, edX, Sophia Learning, Saylor Academy, and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX).

I am eager to enroll in the YourPace program at the University of Maine at Presque Isle (UMPI) to complete my Bachelor's degree. However, due to the current economic meltdown in Nigeria, I am financially unstable and unable to afford the tuition fees.

I am reaching out to this community for recommendations on mini-scholarships or grants available for undergraduate students. Your guidance and support would be immensely helpful in achieving my academic goals.

I am committed to finishing my degree in one session, as I have all the available time to dedicate to my studies. Your assistance in finding financial support will make a significant difference in my educational journey.

Thank you for your consideration.

Best regards,
Emmy
(07-12-2024, 10:47 AM)emmyakins292 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I am a Nigerian student with a strong passion for learning and personal development. As an avid online student, I have taken hundreds of courses in various fields, amassing over 300 undergraduate academic credits. My educational journey has been enriched by institutions like Coursera, edX, Sophia Learning, Saylor Academy, and the Texas A&M Engineering Extension Service (TEEX).

I am eager to enroll in the YourPace program at the University of Maine at Presque Isle (UMPI) to complete my Bachelor's degree. However, due to the current economic meltdown in Nigeria, I am financially unstable and unable to afford the tuition fees.

I am reaching out to this community for recommendations on mini-scholarships or grants available for undergraduate students. Your guidance and support would be immensely helpful in achieving my academic goals.

I am committed to finishing my degree in one session, as I have all the available time to dedicate to my studies. Your assistance in finding financial support will make a significant difference in my educational journey.

Best regards,
Emmy

Hey, welcome to the platform I actually had the same concern and I'm from Pakistan I emailed them but the response was they do not offer scholarships to international your pace students. You can directly mail to the financial aid office to get further assistance.
Financial aid is not available for international students who are not US citizens/permanent residents for the most part.

Private scholarships are also quite rare and generally incredibly competitive.
Completed: HAU MBA | BA Economics (US) | Finland Open Studies @ XAMK/Metropolia/Helsinki/Laurea
Certs Completed: Scrum CSPO/CSM | Google PM/Data Analytics/Marketing
You arent going to get any help from the school and private scholarships for non US residents are next to 0 or extremely competitive.
Maybe a better return on your time than searching the very few scholarships available for this situation would be to search for an employer with tuition reimbursement.
(07-12-2024, 10:47 AM)emmyakins292 Wrote: Hello everyone,

Best regards,
Emmy

Maybe you should try University of the People, they give full or partial scholarships for students in other countries who demonstrate need. 

Their courses are not competency-based, but you can transfer some of the credits you already earned. 

https://www.uopeople.edu/
@emmyakins292, one session is $1700, make sure you have all the requirements for the max transfer before you begin at UMPI... Good luck in finding financial aid through family, friends, (banks and other lenders), if the bursaries, grants, or scholarships come your way, even better...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(07-12-2024, 12:59 PM)Jonathan Whatley Wrote: Maybe a better return on your time than searching the very few scholarships available for this situation would be to search for an employer with tuition reimbursement.

They are in Nigeria, sadly I don't think that's a thing over there. The Walmart, Target, Starbucks, etc. tuition reimbursement programs are for U.S. residents only.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 8 482 3 minutes ago
Last Post: radicallena
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 33 10,411 Today, 09:43 AM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI Admission Requirements/Plan. svnkid 5 183 Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Last Post: svnkid
  New UMPI Academic Catalog 2024-2025 turbotortuga 14 1,576 Yesterday, 11:50 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 7 296 Yesterday, 09:31 AM
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,785 10-16-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 96,968 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  BUS 325 - Financial Management on Brightspace MikeyJeff 11 1,924 10-11-2024, 12:43 PM
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,255 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 437 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40