Thread Rating:
  • 30 Vote(s) - 4.03 Average
ENEB Master Thread
(04-11-2020, 07:28 AM)eradreede Wrote: Would it be awkward to put the name of the school on your resume for a future job search

Reflect the question back: would it be awkward to put the name of a school on your resume that is accredited and approved by the government of a major country?

Now, that doesn't change how ignorant people are in the job market, and there are lots of HR department workers and interviewers who have the IQ of a dill pickle. So one way I would help myself if I were to do this program would be to list it in its English translation since you are in an English-speaking country after all, and because in English it still brings up the school through a search, so there is no deception taking place.
(04-11-2020, 03:24 AM)engadnan Wrote: That's right. I contacted ENEB yesterday and they sent me their own discounted links for the Payment over email (US$249 for a Single Program and US$299 for a Dual Degree). I am thinking to take the ENEB's offer.

Do you thanks WES might accept it and could it transfer  to Capella or Purdue global?
(04-11-2020, 07:02 AM)engadnan Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 05:05 AM)eradreede Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 03:24 AM)engadnan Wrote: That's right. I contacted ENEB yesterday and they sent me their own discounted links for the Payment over email (US$249 for a Single Program and US$299 for a Dual Degree). I am thinking to take the ENEB's offer.

Do you thanks WES might accept it and could it transfer  to Capella or Purdue global?

Well, this is something for the Senior Members here to comment. I, personally, have never cared for transferring to Capella or Purdue Global. Having said so, i have my all regards for the U.S. Higher Education System.

I believe everyone pursues a program based on their own personal goals. For me personally, this one appears a good deal especially as the price is super cheap and i might end up learning something out of the content at least. 

Having said so, i have now embarked on the ENEB's Dual Degree Program. Until now, ENEB has been super responsive (within the Spanish Time Zone). Fingers crossed :-)
I don’t think there is anything to lose with it be $299 including all the necessary materials
Basically, I'm copy/pasting a post #18 I did on the sister board Link: https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-535163

Yes, I signed up for the MBA and Master of Big Data for $299. I found it useful, for usage as a preview/overview of an MBA and Masters. However, I won't be listing it as an MBA or Master but instead as a Graduate Diploma as they're 30 credits and they don't have the necessary research project/thesis or capstone a real Master's degree will have. I found it so useful, I purchased the $249 Masters in Digital Marketing and E-Commerce to use as another Graduate Diploma! And yeah, I am on the other thread on the sister board as well...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-12-2020, 12:17 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: However, I won't be listing it as an MBA or Master but instead as a Graduate Diploma as they're 30 credits and they don't have the necessary research project/thesis or capstone a real Master's degree will have.

I get where your thinking is situated there, and I think the aim is to be as honest as possible and that's commendable. But you'll be selling yourself way short by doing that. A capstone or a thesis is not what makes a Masters "real". Those are not mandatory requirements for all Masters programs even in the United States, and it really is dependent on the program and school and what each requires.

Off the top of my head, I can think of programs from Amberton, TCU, and Liberty which have all had Masters degrees without a capstone or thesis requirement at one point or another. The absence of those things wouldn't make your Masters any less a Masters. Besides, one program could require a thesis or capstone and still require far less overall work than a program that doesn't require one. That variable alone says a lot. Also, in the Spanish system, private employers don't treat propio degrees any differently from official degrees, they don't care. The different treatment of propio degree holders only applies when attempting to work in public service/government in Spain, or when attempting to enter a Doctoral program in Spain. Luckily, we don't live in Spain.

Just think of a scenario where you list your degree as a "Graduate Diploma", but the verifying institution (like an employer for instance) contacts the school and the school says it's a Masters Degree (because it is)? Not to mention that an MBA is not a mere Graduate Diploma, it's a known professional degree where a title is normally expected to be used after obtaining it. The whole thing would be an awkward situation to have to explain away, and you could wind up losing out on an opportunity by trying to be unnecessarily modest as it could come across as a red flag even though your intention was good.

A foreign evaluation is going to turn out one of several possible outcomes, but in my mind it's best to list the degree title as it's posted by the issuing school, with the exception of making an English translation if the text is in a foreign language. It's what you will have factually earned, and it's what the issuing school will have on record, so it will match during any sort of verification process.
[-] The following 2 users Like eLearner's post:
  • engadnan, SteveFoerster
(04-12-2020, 01:13 AM)eLearner Wrote:
(04-12-2020, 12:17 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: However, I won't be listing it as an MBA or Master but instead as a Graduate Diploma as they're 30 credits and they don't have the necessary research project/thesis or capstone a real Master's degree will have.

I get where your thinking is situated there, and I think the aim is to be as honest as possible and that's commendable. But you'll be selling yourself way short by doing that. A capstone or a thesis is not what makes a Masters "real". Those are not mandatory requirements for all Masters programs even in the United States, and it really is dependent on the program and school and what each requires.

Off the top of my head, I can think of programs from Amberton, TCU, and Liberty which have all had Masters degrees without a capstone or thesis requirement at one point or another. The absence of those things wouldn't make your Masters any less a Masters. Besides, one program could require a thesis or capstone and still require far less overall work than a program that doesn't require one. That variable alone says a lot. Also, in the Spanish system, private employers don't treat propio degrees any differently from official degrees, they don't care. The different treatment of propio degree holders only applies when attempting to work in public service/government in Spain, or when attempting to enter a Doctoral program in Spain. Luckily, we don't live in Spain.

Just think of a scenario where you list your degree as a "Graduate Diploma", but the verifying institution (like an employer for instance) contacts the school and the school says it's a Masters Degree (because it is)? Not to mention that an MBA is not a mere Graduate Diploma, it's a known professional degree where a title is normally expected to be used after obtaining it. The whole thing would be an awkward situation to have to explain away, and you could wind up losing out on an opportunity by trying to be unnecessarily modest as it could come across as a red flag even though your intention was good.

A foreign evaluation is going to turn out one of several possible outcomes, but in my mind it's best to list the degree title as it's posted by the issuing school, with the exception of making an English translation if the text is in a foreign language. It's what you will have factually earned, and it's what the issuing school will have on record, so it will match during any sort of verification process.
Would be interested to see how this gets evaluated by WES

In my opinion, I am happy to spend less for a degree that is accredited with enough materials needed. 
I would just be curious how to explain to a prospect employer or to anyone how I earned such a degree in Spain while working in the USA. But some employers doesn’t care about the school but just checking it off the list as a prerequisite.
(04-12-2020, 07:33 AM)eradreedeWould be interested to see how this gets evaluated by WES Wrote: In my opinion, I am happy to spend less for a degree that is accredited with enough materials needed. 
I would just be curious how to explain to a prospect employer or to anyone how I earned such a degree in Spain while working in the USA. But some employers doesn’t care about the school but just checking it off the list as a prerequisite.

To allude to something I mentioned a little earlier, I would list the English translation of the school name as a first measure since you are in an English-speaking country and the English translation still brings up the school in an internet search. If questions come up after that about how you earned it, stay honest and say it was earned online. Millions of people have and still do go to school online, and now with the COVID situation everybody is going to school online. Employers understand. For the number of ignorant ones that don't understand, be happy you found out that they had backwards thinking early on so you can run away from them like they have the plague.
"Accredited", what do you mean by that? Because it comes from a University? This could be basically the same as doing an unaccredited MBA here, and you won't be able to use those credits in the USA. Personally I feel it's more in line with this post here -> https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-535167
WGU MS ITM, 2021.
TESU BACS, 2020.
TESU BSBA, 2018.
TESU ASNSM in Computer Science, 2018.
----
UPenn MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing, see story here).
NAU MCIT (Accepted in 2018, not pursuing)
----
(04-12-2020, 10:15 AM)posabsolute Wrote: "Accredited", what do you mean by that? Because it comes from a University? This could be basically the same as doing an unaccredited MBA here, and you won't be able to use those credits in the USA. Personally I feel it's more in line with this post here -> https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-535167

Then I'll ask you here the same thing I asked Rich there: based on what?
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • engadnan
(04-12-2020, 10:15 AM)posabsolute Wrote: "Accredited", what do you mean by that? Because it comes from a University? This could be basically the same as doing an unaccredited MBA here, and you won't be able to use those credits in the USA. Personally I feel it's more in line with this post here -> https://www.degreeinfo.com/index.php?thr...ost-535167

No, it's literally accredited because Isabel is accredited by ANECA and Isabel is the one issuing the degrees. ANECA is an officially recognized accreditor in Spain.

As for ENEB, "accreditation" isn't the same in most other countries as it is in the United States, so in many places the term "accreditation" is used to refer to a school that itself is unrecognized (ENEB) but has a teaching partnership with a recognized school (Isabel). This is a common arrangement in other places outside the United States.

As for transfer credits, it's not a definite to expect in every instance to be able to make a direct transfer of a foreign degree to a domestic school without a credential evaluation, so that's not unique to this situation.
[-] The following 2 users Like eLearner's post:
  • engadnan, SteveFoerster

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  $900 Patten Elmwood Master of Leadership and Management (NA DEAC) Jonathan Whatley 182 17,845 1 hour ago
Last Post: Bingbong
  Graduate Discounts (ENEB) ashkir 81 39,867 Yesterday, 04:44 PM
Last Post: xentium
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,319 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  (NA DEAC) Free tuition Master Degree Penny15 11 1,172 09-04-2024, 11:05 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South College Developing CBE Master's in Criminal Justice Jonathan Whatley 10 889 09-03-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: dm.hans32
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 202 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Utah Eccles Master of Business Creation (MBC) Jonathan Whatley 2 621 08-28-2024, 10:52 AM
  ENEB - exams MCDL 119 20,363 08-27-2024, 02:49 PM
Last Post: newdegree
  Help with ENEB David1477 11 2,150 08-27-2024, 07:40 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  ENEB and Amazon akr680 6 601 08-26-2024, 06:09 PM