Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thomas Edison Computer Science Degree
(08-27-2023, 12:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
avi_learning Wrote:And a few quick questions:
  1. I want to clarify that if I have to take 6 UL courses, I can only do a couple of them in my flat term (i.e. I can't do software engineering) because I need to have have completed the majority of UL courses before doing that term
  2. If I fail the networking TECEP (I've heard its very hard) what UL course can I take instead (assuming point 1. is true)?
  3. Lastly, I'm strongly considering to try and take a masters afterwards (in AI or data science), at the University of Austin Texas or Georgia Tech or the like. Do you think this degree route will be enough? Is there anything I can do here to me, even if it is a bit more expensive? I'm also very happy to do certificates and the like to help my chances.

1.  You need 6 UL total in the AOS, you can do the cornerstone and capstone, along with courses you've got in the spreadsheet.  I would switch some courses around though to maximize the transfer and course load to ease things a little.
2.  You should take the Software Engineering as recommend on the WIKI, it's an easier course and adds to your UL/RA and residency requirements.  This is what I mentioned in my answer to point #1.
3.  Not enough info, you did not do the addendum/template, we don't know your background, commitments, study habits, etc.  In short, for UT it's a flat no due to requirements.  GT, you've got a 50/50 as they aren't that selective with the requirements.  Plenty of other inexpensive public/state institutions I mentioned in the grad subforum.
Would you mind giving a link to your grad subforum with those school names. Thank you

(08-27-2023, 12:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
avi_learning Wrote:And a few quick questions:
  1. I want to clarify that if I have to take 6 UL courses, I can only do a couple of them in my flat term (i.e. I can't do software engineering) because I need to have have completed the majority of UL courses before doing that term
  2. If I fail the networking TECEP (I've heard its very hard) what UL course can I take instead (assuming point 1. is true)?
  3. Lastly, I'm strongly considering to try and take a masters afterwards (in AI or data science), at the University of Austin Texas or Georgia Tech or the like. Do you think this degree route will be enough? Is there anything I can do here to me, even if it is a bit more expensive? I'm also very happy to do certificates and the like to help my chances.

1.  You need 6 UL total in the AOS, you can do the cornerstone and capstone, along with courses you've got in the spreadsheet.  I would switch some courses around though to maximize the transfer and course load to ease things a little.
2.  You should take the Software Engineering as recommend on the WIKI, it's an easier course and adds to your UL/RA and residency requirements.  This is what I mentioned in my answer to point #1.
3.  Not enough info, you did not do the addendum/template, we don't know your background, commitments, study habits, etc.  In short, for UT it's a flat no due to requirements.  GT, you've got a 50/50 as they aren't that selective with the requirements.  Plenty of other inexpensive public/state institutions I mentioned in the grad subforum.
Would you mind giving a link to your grad subforum with those school names. Thank you

Messages In This Thread
Thomas Edison Computer Science Degree - by jch - 08-22-2023, 04:18 PM
RE: Thomas Edison Computer Science Degree - by evenFair23 - 08-27-2023, 06:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 253 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Dual CS/CIS Degree Help! comatose95 13 748 09-24-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU computer science and information systems are the same degree Chann 9 886 09-19-2024, 10:29 AM
  BA Computer Science Questions puga 18 1,412 08-16-2024, 11:23 PM
  TESU AAS Degree, Environmental, Safety, and Security Technologies newdegree 2 347 08-13-2024, 06:53 PM
  TESU ASNSM in Computer Science / AAS Applied Computer Studies newdegree 15 1,051 07-26-2024, 11:31 AM
  Comp sci Degree [UK] asthewindblows 10 747 07-21-2024, 05:39 PM
  Upper level Computer Science Credits TESU BA CS newdegree 6 702 07-18-2024, 06:24 PM
  How to register / sign up for a specific degree at TESU? CreativeLearner 8 485 07-17-2024, 03:04 PM
  Urgent Help Needed: Am I Missing Out on a Double Degree or Associate Degree at TESU? User7364 15 1,413 07-04-2024, 02:58 PM