Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to register / sign up for a specific degree at TESU?
I'm currently "enrolled" at TESU via signing up for a free June TECEP last month. All my credits are transferred in and I seem to have most of an Art degree and a good chunk of a CS degree. So I'm wanting to try and work on a double degree path between Art & CS. Right now I'm just using the planning tool on TESU to look at requirements for each degree but my official "degree plan" is listed by TESU as general liberal arts or something like that. Do I need to talk to an advisor and officially sign up for the two degrees I want to pursue. Or is that something you do when you eventually apply for graduation?
You just need to email advising and have them ADD the degree you wish. You can do this easily as you're considered an enrolled student (the TECEP did that). You should email them separately for each degree you wish to add, recommend you wait for one then ask for the next. Then you'll get locked into the catalog year (for as long as you stay 'enrolled') and have an official evaluation for each degree path. They generally do this within a few days.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-17-2024, 07:31 AM)allvia Wrote: You just need to email advising and have them ADD the degree you wish. You can do this easily as you're considered an enrolled student (the TECEP did that). You should email them separately for each degree you wish to add, recommend you wait for one then ask for the next. Then you'll get locked into the catalog year (for as long as you stay 'enrolled') and have an official evaluation for each degree path. They generally do this within a few days.
Thankyou!

So just to make sure I understand, I email and ask for, say, the Art degree. Wait till it's added and evaluated, then email again and ask for CS?
(07-17-2024, 07:40 AM)CreativeLearner Wrote:
(07-17-2024, 07:31 AM)allvia Wrote: You just need to email advising and have them ADD the degree you wish. You can do this easily as you're considered an enrolled student (the TECEP did that). You should email them separately for each degree you wish to add, recommend you wait for one then ask for the next. Then you'll get locked into the catalog year (for as long as you stay 'enrolled') and have an official evaluation for each degree path. They generally do this within a few days.
Thankyou!

So just to make sure I understand, I email and ask for, say, the Art degree. Wait till it's added and evaluated, then email again and ask for CS?

Yes, email that you want to ADD the 'BA in Art' (be as specific as you can) to your evaluation. Then once they do then email them and have them ADD the 'BA in Computer Science'.  I capitalized the ADD for emphasis (so they don't replace), and recommend only one request (task) of TESU at a time because advising has a history of not reading past your first request in a single email. So, the shorter and more direct an email to advising the better off you'll be.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

(07-17-2024, 07:48 AM)allvia Wrote:
Thankyou!

Yes, email that you want to ADD the 'BA in Art' (be as specific as you can) to your evaluation. Then once they do then email them and have them ADD the 'BA in Computer Science'.  I capitalized the ADD for emphasis (so they don't replace), and recommend only one request (task) of TESU at a time because advising has a history of not reading past your first request in a single email. So, the shorter and more direct an email to advising the better off you'll be.
Ok, thank you! This is very helpful  Smile
(07-17-2024, 07:48 AM)allvia Wrote:
Thankyou!

I have another question if you don't mind. I emailed advising and they processed my first request (add the BA Art) and they did it super fast. Like minutes. So I emailed again and asked them to ADD the BA Computer Science. But I'm not sure they did it right. Instead of having two separate degree plans, I have one degree plan for a BA with two majors, ART and Computer Science. Is that how it's supposed to look in the system? Or are they supposed to separate it out into two separate Degrees?

I ended up emailing advising and clarified my request, that I was asking for two separate Degrees not two majors. This is the reply I got back:

"When students pursue two BA areas of study at the same time, we consider that to be one degree, two areas. The evaluation must be processed as is."

Is that correct?
That's correct, they're moving you from two degrees to one degree with two majors as they're within the same 'school'... It's perfect, this allows you to do a second degree later if you wanted at TESU, such as a Business degree or something similar down the road, and it'll just cost you another capstone plus fees...
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Ok, thankyou!!!
When emailing advising, be sure your subject includes your major so it goes to the right advisor specializing in that major.

Also, include your name and student ID in the body.

Generally, advising will get back to you within 24 hours if it's a business day.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU New Website LevelUP 12 703 10-13-2024, 12:47 AM
Last Post: Pats20
  Credly and Non ACE Certs > TESU credit? mbcummings 9 481 10-12-2024, 12:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU Theater Arts/BSBA Entrepreneurship vs UMPI's Accounting or Hist/PoliSci trying2grad 14 1,417 10-10-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: trying2grad
  TESU and DEAC wow 12 561 10-09-2024, 05:45 PM
  Google Cloud Data Analytics- UL credits for TESU charfife 12 1,261 10-06-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: thornytumbleweed
  2024 TESU Commencement - October 5th jch 4 544 10-05-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jch
Last Post: Honguito
  New WIki TESU BS Cloud Computing Degree Plan LevelUP 2 238 10-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  TESU Biology Bachelor kakasahib 1 235 09-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Any reason not to drop BSBA CIS from the old TESU catalog? jazzcat 2 267 09-24-2024, 10:23 AM