Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MBA at Eastern University or Hellenic American University?
Question 
Hi, would really love to hear any feedback from any experience with either of these programs? 

I have evaluated MBA programs from Eastern University, WGU, LSUS, Fitchburg State University, Longwood University, South Georgia State Univeristy, Univeristy of Texas PB, and most recently started looking into Hellenic American Univeristy. 

All seem very good and comparable, but most on the list have something that stands out that does not fit with my criteria. Mostly that I want a program that will be self-paced and a bit portable (30 credits is enough for me / don't want something overloaded with prerequisite primer courses). Also, I don't plan on attending concurrently. Summers are for fishing and barbeques. 

The only thing I kind of don't care for with the EA MBA (and it's minor) is that the degree is an MBA in Organizational Management. It's not a terrible designation but would rather have the raw degree title. Again, not a show stopper. I do like that they are self-paced and portable for starting / stopping and can adjust my load based on my own timelines. Price is fair and they are not loading up 3-4 MBA for dummies courses because I don't have an undergrade business degree. 

Hellenic American University is also very appealing as they are 30 minutes from my home (in NH) and being able to do in-person classes would be nice. Price seems awesome but also kind of scary that they offer it at this price too and wonder if they are just trying to push fore more graduates or are they in survival mode?

Lastly, I am riding the fence right now betwen an MBA from one of these schools vs quickly banging out an MS degree from WGU just to lay claim to a graduate status. I'm 101% certain that I can do this in under a term. I know.. my goals/what's may plan, budget, career strategy, etc.. However, my biggest goal is to get a graduate degree sooner than later within a reasonable budget. Already have 2 tech undergrad degrees  (computer science and cybersecurity). An MBA sounds like the right balance to my resume / career. Hence, I'm leaning in this direction but also close to throwing my hands up and just doing the MS degree. 

Do you need an undegraduate degree? 100% NO. Your experience will do way more for you than any school can. 

Will you get picked from a pile of 600+ resumes if all of the apple shaped bachelor degrees are the same but of the 600, 150-200 have a masters degree? Likely not. Mary from HR or an application tracking system are going to sort them for the hiring manager and Mary was taught that a double-cheeseburger is better than a single, no matter how it was cooked or the quality of the ingredients.

Messages In This Thread
MBA at Eastern University or Hellenic American University? - by BostonBeanMan - 12-13-2022, 02:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,234 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree
  Walden University CJ Master's dm.hans32 1 194 09-03-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Your experience at California Coast University? Interested in $21k doctorate. effexbiz 32 1,698 09-01-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Heartstrings
  MBA Student @ Eastern University – AMA klone 30 4,377 08-22-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: klone
  American College of Education - Master's ashkir 21 2,648 08-03-2024, 09:11 PM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  MBA from Hellenic American University (HAU) allvia 132 21,817 08-03-2024, 04:54 PM
Last Post: wow
  IEU Universidad: another online Mexican university Avidreader 0 343 08-02-2024, 03:29 AM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Wilmington University MSCS Jonathan Whatley 3 507 07-17-2024, 02:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Global Business University Atoshi 3 530 07-01-2024, 12:18 PM
  University of West Georgia - MS Applied Business Analytics smartdegree 6 867 07-01-2024, 11:42 AM