Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Touro University Worldwide MBA - Completed
Hello everyone,

A few weeks ago (on April 28th according to my transcripts), I completed and earned my MBA from Touro University Worldwide. I wanted to take a moment to talk about my experience there.

Touro University Worldwide does not offer CBE programs, for those of you only looking for that format. The school offers 8-week terms where one can take two classes in each term. This is a pretty standard format these days. The MBA is 12 courses long, so it would normally take a year (or six 8-week terms) to complete. However, in my case, I had previously dropped out of another MBA program and Touro University Worldwide evaluated the courses I had taken and allowed me to transfer three of the courses into the program, leaving me with only 9 courses to take. They also did me another solid: since, in my first three terms (first six courses) at the school, I earned A's in the classes, the school allowed me to take three courses during my fourth term so that I could avoid a fifth (I already had 3 transfer in so I only needed 9 at the school). This normally wouldn't have saved me money as they charge per credit hour, but I was using the GI bill and it made two months worth of difference. They would not have allowed this if I had made even a single B in any of the first six courses, though.

I really liked the format at Touro. There are absolutely no tests there. Period. That means you don't have to worry about proctored exams with their accompanied stresses and invasions of privacy (if that is a concern for you). Instead, it's pretty much all writing, which I love. Each week consists of two discussion posts (and at least two replies). On top of that, week 4 generally requires a 5–8-page paper and week 8 generally requires an 8–10-page paper. They used APA 6 the whole time I was there. Some of my papers were run through TurnItIn or one of those services... I'd say one out of every five or six on average.

Touro University is a traditional Jewish school, so we got deadline extensions for all the Jewish holidays, which was pleasant. Upon completing my coursework, there was a degree audit process, which can take 3-5 weeks to complete. They finished mine in just a few days. I still haven't received my physical diploma, but I have the digital copy and I have my official transcript showing the conferred MBA.

The MBA program has many concentrations. I chose the Cybersecurity Management concentration, which was very well organized, but I was literally the only student in any of those courses. That made it fun (not) to reply to my own discussion posts twice a week. Nonetheless, the concentration courses were my favorite in the whole program. The capstone course was well put together as well. It really did take all the core courses and synthesize them. The final "week 8" paper for the capstone was the "Capstone Assignment," which was very similar to all the others except that it was just a bit longer, like 12 pages I think. Very doable.

I am happy to have completed my MBA there. I feel it is an accomplishment. I'm moving on to my doctoral studies, but I'm choosing South College instead of TUW in order to save time and money. I'll talk about my first weekend at South on a different thread.

Please let me know if you have any questions about Touro. I highly recommend it for those who like writing and can handle the basic 8-week schedule. 

- Brian
[-] The following 5 users Like EverSpinning's post:
  • Jonathan Whatley, Leedeedee, Messdiener, ss20ts, staceydiane

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  List of Cheap Online MBA Programs That Can Be Completed in Under 1 Year LevelUP 55 40,666 10-14-2024, 04:25 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  University of Michigan - Master of Applied Data Science Team Rocket 2 310 10-12-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Eastern University MBA Howatt777 1 216 10-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  University of the Cumberlands - Masters in Data Science dleewo 0 166 10-09-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: dleewo
  MSc Data Science - University Of Colorado Boulder tuckerarabi786 11 3,114 10-04-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: spohara
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 34 10,408 10-02-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 10 1,739 09-28-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 98 17,674 09-28-2024, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Central Washington University (CWU) FlexIT Pro dbmw 3 394 09-23-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon to Amberton University ss20ts 0 297 09-23-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts