Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Why People Take SO LONG to Get Started?
#4
All of the above for me.

1. I did great in high school with very little effort. College was a bit harder. I just scraped by. Mostly because I never learned how to study. Certain subjects never seem to click for me. I am currently trying to get through the US History 1 course on Sophia. This would technically be my third try at this specific course. I was in AP classes in high school and could have attempted to take the test for college credit but I didn’t want to. I ended up taking it the next year during my freshman year in college. I got a D. Even with the same dang text book. It was enough to move on, but not transferable now. I understand the general concepts of what I am reading, I just can’t seem to remember dates and names. It drives me nuts. I am just wanting to scrape by with a minimally passing grade on Sophia. That will be enough for me. Yes, I know I may not need it. But I might.

2. Good grief the choices!!!! Especially the free and cheap stuff. Right now I have a year access to Sophia for free. So I guess I better get in as many courses as I can. I might as well go for as many business courses as possible…. Maybe they won’t be useful… but maybe they will. Then there’s Coursera. I jumped on the Coursera Plus for a year when it was $100 off. There’s some computer type stuff that could be for credit and some other stuff that might simply be good to know. I tried the ENEB deal. That one is brutal for me. The Reading is boring. Grammatical errors in the text drive me nuts. It is pretty much 100% self directed. The videos aren’t very useful when a good portion of them are in Spanish. Then there’s the actual college choices. I liked NAU a lot. They have the HR I was looking for. But….. they only transfer in a max of 64 credits. Leaving me with 56 to take. UMPI is appealing. But I don’t know which concentration to pick. And It seems I will need to take about 18 courses no matter how I slice it… or I’d have to take courses on more costly alt site like Study.com and I am not sure I want to do that either. TAMUC is extremely appealing because I can very easily get that down to 11 courses if I pass that dang history class.

3. Time! I work full time, I also work Part time at a little side job. I have a teenage son, hubby that works third shift, and a dog.
Possible Next up: MS Analytics

MBA ‘26
BS Sociology 
[-] The following 3 users Like Vle045's post:
  • , rachel83az, Tedium
Reply


Messages In This Thread
RE: Why People Take SO LONG to get started? - by Vle045 - 03-04-2022, 09:36 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Fun They Had: Why Talking To People Is Becoming A Career Skill LevelUP 1 730 07-06-2026, 11:41 AM
Last Post: SteveFoerster
  Restricting Social Media and AI for Young People: Effects on Learning and Networking? Jonathan Whatley 13 1,854 06-13-2026, 10:19 AM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Are people still testing these days? burbuja0512 9 1,687 04-20-2026, 06:31 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Data people - where do I learn this? Vle045 4 1,535 02-07-2026, 12:39 AM
Last Post: bluebooger
  people who have multiple degrees crowbird 56 21,121 11-04-2024, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 8 8,110 02-14-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  So long, computer science — Chaos Studies is the hot new college degree LevelUP 9 4,523 10-15-2023, 11:14 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Why do people drop out? Alpha 8 3,245 10-13-2022, 02:03 PM
Last Post: sparcleofyumm
  People treating you differently since you've graduated? collegechick 29 9,775 04-24-2022, 12:20 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Tall people are more educated, short people are unhealthy bjcheung77 2 2,566 04-23-2022, 09:47 PM
Last Post: MrPanda

Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)