Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning
(02-14-2021, 09:40 PM)Seagull Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 01:55 AM)Supermind Wrote:
(01-29-2021, 01:29 AM)SweetSecret Wrote: Supermind, first off, congratulations! That is amazing that you did it so fast!

How many hours did you devote to the program per day/week? What do you think most of the students coming out of this program finish with GPA-wise?

I started into the tempo MBA program. Then took classes at UO people to transfer in. I'm planning on going back to Walden, but I need to take care of some healthcare issues that I'm concerned about dealing with during Coronavirus (AKA I want to stay as far away from hospital since I can right now). I was reading through some of the materials that Walden releases annually. Within there I noticed that the GPA tends to be lower in the tempo program than it is in the regular classes. I'm not sure why, but it seems like the professors grade harder in Tempo. One might think that the school was using this as a way to get more money out of students, but from the looks of the paper it's something that they are actually trying to work to improve so that the grading is consistent regardless of if a person is in normal classes or the tempo program. Every time I take another course I get a little bit nervous about my GPA. I'm still planning to attend a JD program after the MBA, so I feel the extra pressure to keep the GPA up. Also, how did you go about meeting "batch mates"? I have not met anybody from the Walden MBA program, but I made a number of friends through the UOPeople MBA classes. Any information you have would be appreciated!

Thank you Sweetsecret. I had actually given myself 6 months to complete, and believed that itself was fast. But then I saw some posts on the Tempo learning closed FB group: Some students managed to finish it in just three months!! I am still unable to believe how they were able to do it so fast. Maybe, they transferred in many credits. 

As for the GPA, I am in touch with one other batchmate who is close to finishing. He has a 4 GPA, and I think he will maintain it to the end like I did. I know of 2-3 others who completed the MS-Psych. program in September-October 2020 with a GPA of 3.9. I have not come across low GPAs as yet, and used to wonder if the grading is very lenient. However, in my experience, some of the professors are tough graders, and they definitely hold high standards. I think if you are a diligent student and address the rubric well, you will be able to maintain a high GPA at Walden. 

Reg completing courses at UoP and transferring it to Walden, have you checked with Walden if this is possible? To the extent I know, Walden is RA, while UoP is NA. Does this not matter anymore? 

I am self-employed and business was a little low in these past months owing to the Covid-19 lockdown situation. I decided to make good use of free time and was able to dedicate up to 50 hours some weeks. The final few weeks, I was only able to dedicate like 25-30 hours. But I think on average, if you managed to dedicate like 30-40 hours per week, you might be able to complete the MS-Psychology program in 2 terms. Some modules are really easy, while some are quite tough. 

With regard to meeting batchmates, the Tempo Learning closed FB group gives you an opportunity to seek help, post questions, etc. You may also use the Walden Tempo learning discussion board for this. The discussions are not mandatory; however, I found that some students posted long discussion posts. I personally enjoy learning on my own, and directly reached out to professors via email/private discussion posts whenever I had doubts. They are highly accessible. I became good friends with one batch mate, who also preferred minimal group interactions and discussion posts like me. 
Smile Wink
We were both of the view that the ideas and energy expended on writing long discussion posts could instead be used to build one’s final competency assessment paper!  Big Grin

Also, during the course of the program, you are assigned an ‘Academic coach’ who will call you on a weekly/bi-weekly basis to inspire you and address any basic doubts you might have.

Of course, I not sure of how the MBA Tempo course is structured, what the requirements are, etc. My observations may not accurately reflect the MBA program. Perhaps, there are other forum members who have or who are currently finishing Walden’s MBA Tempo program? They might be able to comment better.

Congrats.

You said others were able to transfer in many credits?

Does walden list the grad courses they accept as transfer for some of their programs?

I wrote to them and awaiting a response.

I like the tempo option, especially their I/O psychology program.
I remember reading someone’s post on this forum that they managed to transfer two Graduate-level statistics courses (10 credits). I think this was from a B&M University where they had enrolled for a Master’s program some years ago, but did not complete it.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4

Messages In This Thread
RE: Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning - by Seagull - 02-14-2021, 09:40 PM
RE: Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning - by Supermind - 02-14-2021, 10:30 PM
RE: Walden University MS-Psychology Tempo Learning - by Seagull - 02-14-2021, 11:06 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  University of Michigan - Master of Applied Data Science Team Rocket 2 444 10-12-2024, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Captainrekt000
  Eastern University MBA Howatt777 1 274 10-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: Stonybeach
  University of the Cumberlands - Masters in Data Science dleewo 0 204 10-09-2024, 10:07 AM
Last Post: dleewo
  MSc Data Science - University Of Colorado Boulder tuckerarabi786 11 3,206 10-04-2024, 05:45 PM
Last Post: spohara
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 34 10,657 10-02-2024, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Bingbong
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 10 1,793 09-28-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  Hellenic American University MBA: Overview of $3K RA MBA PrettyFlyforaChiGuy 98 17,851 09-28-2024, 06:30 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Central Washington University (CWU) FlexIT Pro dbmw 3 431 09-23-2024, 10:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Coming Soon to Amberton University ss20ts 0 343 09-23-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  ENEB to University of the People (UoPeople) spree610 22 1,911 09-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: newdegree