Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com???
Hi everyone! I'm almost done with my courses to transfer to UMPI and I'm hoping to send transcripts by this Friday - this may be too soon as I'm not sure yet how fast I can complete these classes, but we will see! The problem is, if I am going to start UMPI next session, I can only transfer up to 5 classes from study.com since that is the max number of exams they allow per month. So I am wondering if anyone has experience with the following 7 courses at UMPI.

I will need to take 2 of these at UMPI, so if any of them are particularly quick to complete OR extremely lengthy, that would be very helpful info for me to decide which ones I'll take:

BUS 240: Change Management
BUS 260: Leadership
BUS 321: Human Resource Management
BUS 415: Operations Management

PSY 200: Social Psychology
PSY 235: Abnormal Psychology
PSY 311: Research Methods I

Thank you!!!
(09-09-2024, 07:30 PM)radicallena Wrote: Hi everyone! I'm almost done with my courses to transfer to UMPI and I'm hoping to send transcripts by this Friday - this may be too soon as I'm not sure yet how fast I can complete these classes, but we will see! The problem is, if I am going to start UMPI next session, I can only transfer up to 5 classes from study.com since that is the max number of exams they allow per month. So I am wondering if anyone has experience with the following 7 courses at UMPI.

I will need to take 2 of these at UMPI, so if any of them are particularly quick to complete OR extremely lengthy, that would be very helpful info for me to decide which ones I'll take:

BUS 240: Change Management
BUS 260: Leadership
BUS 321: Human Resource Management
BUS 415: Operations Management

PSY 200: Social Psychology
PSY 235: Abnormal Psychology
PSY 311: Research Methods I

Thank you!!!

I cannot speak to the PSY courses but in respect to the BUS courses, absolutely take care BUS 321 and BUS 415 at SDC. Theyare miles easier on SDC than UMPI, hands down.
You don't mention how many classes you're planning on completing at UMPI. You'll need to complete a minimum of 30 credits - 10 classes - at UMPI. Study has a lot of quizzes and an exam. No exams at UMPI. It's all writing.
(09-10-2024, 12:34 AM)turbotortuga Wrote: I cannot speak to the PSY courses but in respect to the BUS courses, absolutely take care BUS 321 and BUS 415 at SDC. Theyare miles easier on SDC than UMPI, hands down.

Thank you, that's super helpful! Did you happen to take the other two BUS courses as well? If so, did you find those two easier than 321 and 415?

(09-10-2024, 09:54 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You don't mention how many classes you're planning on completing at UMPI. You'll need to complete a minimum of 30 credits - 10 classes - at UMPI. Study has a lot of quizzes and an exam. No exams at UMPI. It's all writing.

Yes, unfortunately I will have a lot of classes left at UMPI and I don't want to do more than 1 or 2 terms. I have 16 classes left right now, or 19 if I want to take the 3 that transfer to the MAOL. That's because my degree plan is for the Psychology major with a Management minor (but maybe that's a little unnecessary if the credits aren't transferred in... I might drop the minor now).

Wait. I just realized something, I'm probably being silly. Couldn't I still take all 7 study classes, but just transfer the last 2 to UMPI after I've already applied? I was worried about all this because I thought I needed to transfer everything before I applied/enrolled/started. But I'm just now realizing that that's probably not the case. Oops...
You can transfer courses after you've applied. You can transfer in courses while you're enrolled as well. I wouldn't add a minor to the psych degree. The psych degree typically takes 2-3 terms. I haven't seen anyone complete it in 1 term.
(09-11-2024, 10:05 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You can transfer courses after you've applied. You can transfer in courses while you're enrolled as well. I wouldn't add a minor to the psych degree. The psych degree typically takes 2-3 terms. I haven't seen anyone complete it in 1 term.

Thanks for clarifying that for me! That means I was overthinking the whole Study thing lol.

I planned on adding the minor because it will require zero UMPI classes - they will all be transferred in!
(10-07-2024, 06:17 PM)radicallena Wrote:
(09-11-2024, 10:05 AM)ss20ts Wrote: You can transfer courses after you've applied. You can transfer in courses while you're enrolled as well. I wouldn't add a minor to the psych degree. The psych degree typically takes 2-3 terms. I haven't seen anyone complete it in 1 term.

Thanks for clarifying that for me! That means I was overthinking the whole Study thing lol.

I planned on adding the minor because it will require zero UMPI classes - they will all be transferred in!

Have you confirmed with UMPI that you can transfer in an entire minor? With the BLS your first minor has residency requirements. I don't know if the BAs have the same residency requirement.
Make sure to have only a subscription open at a time, you don't want to have say Sophia.org and Study.com subscriptions, it'll take your time from the other subscription... I would focus on getting your Study.com classes completed then start on your UMPI classes. Once you're done with the UMPI classes, that should be all you need to finish off the degree.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,623 3 hours ago
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 5 190 Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 128 96,553 10-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Last Post: Konny08
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,185 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Need help picking a few more courses Victoriasmom 14 559 10-05-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 400 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,254 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 26 2,188 09-27-2024, 03:10 PM
  UMPI Courses With Test klone 1 297 09-27-2024, 09:24 AM
  YourPace Easy Elective Courses? fastest completion Mikeand 20 7,244 09-26-2024, 03:33 AM
Last Post: midnite123