Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UMPI Class Review Master Thread
(05-29-2024, 07:59 AM)ishady Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 06:53 AM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: This thread provides a wealth of useful information. I have read through this thread hoping to find guidance on which upper level business courses to take.  I need at least five upper level business courses and one unrestricted elective in addition to Eng 121, Mat 140, Bus 200 and PCJ 215. I'm planning to get an MBA so GPA is much more important than speed.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Are the reviews prior to the switch to Brightspace still relevant?

How much difference does the new platform make?

Some of the courses I was interested in had exams. Are all exams replaced by papers?

Is it possible to pick your professor if your course is taught by more than one professor or are students assigned to the courses they select randomly?

What is the significance of "Number of Outcomes" and "Adaptive Outcomes"?

Neither Bus 355 Investment Management  nor Bus 341 Entrepreneurship are listed in the Spring 24 YourPace catalog. Are those courses still offered. Are they worthwhile?

How do I enroll in Bus 440 Business Analytics without taking the prerequisite Bus 244?

Sophia's Workplace Communication was transferred as Bus 210 instead of PCJ 215. The course description is very similar but Jessica won't budge. Is there a way to get a waiver? I hate to repeat a course that doesn't align with my career plans.

Does anyone have any experience with:
Bus 433 E-commerce and Social Media Marketing
Bus 430 Global Marketing
BUS 337 Integrated Marketing Communications
BUS 334 Advertising and Public Relations
Bus 330 Marketing Management

Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge.

Hello,
I can answer part of your questions:
Some said it's irrelevant.

I forgot the previous platform look liked but the transformation is easy. I think the old one I wrote the essay on the platform or write on Word and then copy paste to it. In Brightspace, I upload the Word/Excel/PPT assignments to the platform. 

Some of the courses I was interested in had exams. Are all exams replaced by papers?
As long as I experienced, yes, but I am not sure about MAT 140.

Is it possible to pick your professor if your course is taught by more than one professor or are students assigned to the courses they select randomly?
Can not choose a professor, but perhaps you could ask the advisor who the instructor is, and you can wait until your favorite instructors come up?

"Number of Outcomes" is the courses' chapter. "Adaptive Outcomes" is the adaptive quizzes such as in the previous platform. 

Neither Bus 355 Investment Management  nor Bus 341 Entrepreneurship are listed in the Spring 24 YourPace catalog. Are those courses still offered. Are they worthwhile?
-

How do I enroll in Bus 440 Business Analytics without taking the prerequisite Bus 244?
-

Sophia's Workplace Communication was transferred as Bus 210 instead of PCJ 215. The course description is very similar but Jessica won't budge. Is there a way to get a waiver? I hate to repeat a course that doesn't align with my career plans.
Try to contact your special advisor besides Jessica, in mine, she is Susan Michaud (who responsible for Business degree). In my case I got a waiver for Biology and Lab classes after I contacted her and she asked me to send the transcript and syllabus to the transfer department.

Bus 430 Global Marketing
I just finished BUS 330 Marketing Management, it's an easy-medium class, the professor is kind and an easy grader. Essentially, you just explain marketing based on projects in concern of the reading sources and our logic/common sense.

Thank you and good luck.

Thank you, do you know how to determine who is teaching a course without asking your advisor? I don't want to wear Jessica out.
(05-29-2024, 08:11 AM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 06:53 AM)SophiaPrincess Wrote: This thread provides a wealth of useful information. I have read through this thread hoping to find guidance on which upper level business courses to take.  I need at least five upper level business courses and one unrestricted elective in addition to Eng 121, Mat 140, Bus 200 and PCJ 215. I'm planning to get an MBA so GPA is much more important than speed.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

Bus 430 Global Marketing

Hello,

I forgot the previous platform look liked but the transformation is easy. I think the old one I wrote the essay on the platform or write on Word and then copy paste to it. In Brightspace, I upload the Word/Excel/PPT assignments to the platform. 

Can not choose a professor, but perhaps you could ask the advisor who the instructor is, and you can wait until your favorite instructors come up?

"Number of Outcomes" is the courses' chapter. "Adaptive Outcomes" is the adaptive quizzes such as in the previous platform. 

-

-

Try to contact your special advisor besides Jessica, in mine, she is Susan Michaud (who responsible for Business degree). In my case I got a waiver for Biology and Lab classes after I contacted her and she asked me to send the transcript and syllabus to the transfer department.

Bus 430 Global Marketing
I just finished BUS 330 Marketing Management, it's an easy-medium class, the professor is kind and an easy grader. Essentially, you just explain marketing based on projects in concern of the reading sources and our logic/common sense.

Thank you and good luck.

Thank you, do you know how to determine who is teaching a course without asking your advisor? I don't want to wear Jessica out.

Certainly.
After the Login Page, click "Student Centre", from the left bar click "Academics", click "Degree Progress", click the section that said "Not Satisfied" from the right side click the part that said "Not Satisfied", click "View Course", click the class you want to look for "View Section", for example I click BUS 341 Enterpreneurship and it will show the instructor's name, you can click it again to view the details (attached the picture of it).
Good luck.

Attached Files
.jpg   CLASS INSTRUCTOR AND DETAILS.jpg (Size: 334.68 KB / Downloads: 32)
[-] The following 3 users Like ishady's post:
  • havefaithandgraduate, Pikachu, SophiaPrincess
(05-29-2024, 06:33 PM)ishady Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 08:11 AM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:

Bus 430 Global Marketing

Hello,

-

-

Bus 430 Global Marketing

Thank you and good luck.

Certainly.
After the Login Page, click "Student Centre", from the left bar click "Academics", click "Degree Progress", click the section that said "Not Satisfied" from the right side click the part that said "Not Satisfied", click "View Course", click the class you want to look for "View Section", for example I click BUS 341 Enterpreneurship and it will show the instructor's name, you can click it again to view the details (attached the picture of it).
Good luck.

I don't mean to be obtuse, but I can't find any screen that precisely matches your description. I have attached a couple of screenshots. Am I in the right place? Thanks for your help.

Attached Files
.png   Screenshot 2024-06-03 7.57.25 PM.png (Size: 196.17 KB / Downloads: 23)
.png   Screenshot 2024-06-03 7.58.21 PM.png (Size: 150.24 KB / Downloads: 11)
I try my best to explain, after the Login Page, from the Launchpad, click Student Center (the grey icon at the upper level, number 2 from the left) (pic attached), then click the blue white left tab (pic), it will pull another menu, click Academics (pic), click Degree Progress (pic), try to find the Not Satisfied, choose the Class you want to look for.
Sorry if the pics got upside down, it's hard to edit on a phone.

This is the important icon inside the Launchpad,.I don't know why I missed it in the first post.

(06-03-2024, 07:54 PM)ishady Wrote: I try my best to explain, after the Login Page, from the Launchpad, click Student Center (the grey icon at the upper level, number 2 from the left) (pic attached), then click the blue white left tab (pic), it will pull another menu, click Academics (pic), click Degree Progress (pic), try to find the Not Satisfied, choose the Class you want to look for.

This is the important icon inside the Launchpad,.I don't know why I missed it in the first post.

Attached Files
.jpg   Screenshot_2024-06-04-07-50-40-16_439a3fec0400f8974d35eed09a31f914.jpg (Size: 290.85 KB / Downloads: 25)
.jpg   Screenshot_2024-06-04-08-06-49-62_439a3fec0400f8974d35eed09a31f914.jpg (Size: 374.94 KB / Downloads: 10)
.jpg   Screenshot_2024-06-04-07-50-51-55_439a3fec0400f8974d35eed09a31f914.jpg (Size: 344.37 KB / Downloads: 13)
.jpg   Screenshot_2024-06-04-07-51-02-59_439a3fec0400f8974d35eed09a31f914.jpg (Size: 350.97 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   Screenshot_2024-06-04-08-06-43-40_439a3fec0400f8974d35eed09a31f914.jpg (Size: 345.41 KB / Downloads: 12)
.jpg   IMG-20240604-WA0001.jpg (Size: 105.41 KB / Downloads: 17)
[-] The following 1 user Likes ishady's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(06-03-2024, 07:54 PM)ishady Wrote: I try my best to explain, after the Login Page, from the Launchpad, click Student Center (the grey icon at the upper level, number 2 from the left) (pic attached), then click the blue white left tab (pic), it will pull another menu, click Academics (pic), click Degree Progress (pic), try to find the Not Satisfied, choose the Class you want to look for.

I appreciate your explanation Ishady but I can't find a screen that looks like the screenshots you shared. I have tried Chrome and Edge on an Android and PC. As you can see from the screenshots in my last post, UMPI's website looks very different for me. I am logged in and have a link called Student Center. I have most of the icons you have but not the Student Center icon. 

Are you currently enrolled? I am admitted but Jessica hasn't enrolled me yet. Does anyone know why I have a different view?

Thanks for your effort.
Perhaps that's the reason you can't enter Student Center, I just knew that you haven't enrolled, my bad. I could help you with instructor's name, as long as you are in BABA I could look it up for you. What classes you want to know?
  • SophiaPrincess
(06-04-2024, 05:59 PM)ishady Wrote: Perhaps that's the reason you can't enter Student Center, I just knew that you haven't enrolled, my bad. I could help you with instructor's name, as long as you are in BABA I could look it up for you. What classes you want to know?

I can enter Student Center but don't have the icon you have. It is very kind of you to offer to look up the professors. During Summer 2 I intend to complete Eng 121, Mat 140, Bus 200 and possibly PCJ 215. I hope there are at least two classes for each course taught by different professors but I really don't know.

Thanks for your help Ishady. You are very kind.
You're not enrolled yet, you won't have access to that area until you do enroll and start classes, if you're in the Summer Session 2 (like me), you'll have access to it later in the month.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • SophiaPrincess
(06-04-2024, 07:19 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 05:59 PM)ishady Wrote: Perhaps that's the reason you can't enter Student Center, I just knew that you haven't enrolled, my bad. I could help you with instructor's name, as long as you are in BABA I could look it up for you. What classes you want to know?

I can enter Student Center but don't have the icon you have. It is very kind of you to offer to look up the professors. During Summer 2 I intend to complete Eng 121, Mat 140, Bus 200 and possibly PCJ 215. I hope there are at least two classes for each course taught by different professors but I really don't know.

Hello, no problem at all.
(Sorry I can't got Summer 2 term, but only other terms, I dunno if their will be the same, perhaps just some insight for you) 
ENG 121 Kathleen Harrigan (Summer 1 2024).
MAT 140 Javed S. Siddiqui (Fall 2024) > he taught me Management Information System at Fall 2 2024 and really a nice guy and easy grader.
BUS 200 Cody Alan Humphrey (Fall 2024) > last year I also had him while in the old platform (not yet Brightspace like now), easy class and easy grader.
PCJ 215 To Be Announced.
Sorry for not much of a help.
Good luck.
(ishady)
  • SophiaPrincess
(06-07-2024, 05:37 AM)ishady Wrote:
(06-04-2024, 07:19 PM)SophiaPrincess Wrote:

Hello, no problem at all.
(Sorry I can't got Summer 2 term, but only other terms, I dunno if their will be the same, perhaps just some insight for you) 
ENG 121 Kathleen Harrigan (Summer 1 2024).
MAT 140 Javed S. Siddiqui (Fall 2024) > he taught me Management Information System at Fall 2 2024 and really a nice guy and easy grader.
BUS 200 Cody Alan Humphrey (Fall 2024) > last year I also had him while in the old platform (not yet Brightspace like now), easy class and easy grader.
PCJ 215 To Be Announced.
Sorry for not much of a help.
Good luck.
(ishady)

Thank you for your kindness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bjcheung77 - UMPI BAS Progress Thread bjcheung77 33 4,643 8 hours ago
Last Post: Bikingrox211
  UMPI YourPace BA History & Political Science - transfer questions. Patchouli_Skoal 5 195 Yesterday, 10:48 PM
Last Post: Duneranger
  Personal Progress Thread DavidGood 24 1,317 10-14-2024, 10:28 PM
Last Post: Samhain408
  UMPI Accounting Assistance - Degree Plan NewbieLearner 17 1,194 10-10-2024, 11:47 AM
Last Post: NewbieLearner
  Any BUS class to add before the term ends? seven9781 7 272 10-09-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  7 Bus & Psy Courses Left - UMPI vs study.com??? radicallena 7 453 10-07-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Question regarding UMPI BAS to MAOL Hackingat40 5 404 10-02-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: Hackingat40
  UMPI GPA Question joshua27 8 2,257 09-28-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  UMPI Plan and Progress AirborneAgent 26 2,200 09-27-2024, 03:10 PM
  UMPI Courses With Test klone 1 299 09-27-2024, 09:24 AM