Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Network Technology Class
Hello! I'm currently enrolled in the network technology class through TESU and I'm in my second week. However, I am unfamiliar with many of the concepts that the assignments ask me to write about. It seems like a prerequisite to understand these things because these concepts aren't being taught in class. I haven't been able to access the TestOut software yet so I asked the professor about that. Does the main source of teaching come from the TestOut software? Thanks
(05-13-2024, 10:57 AM)ACI Wrote: Hello! I'm currently enrolled in the network technology class through TESU and I'm in my second week. However, I am unfamiliar with many of the concepts that the assignments ask me to write about. It seems like a prerequisite to understand these things because these concepts aren't being taught in class. I haven't been able to access the TestOut software yet so I asked the professor about that. Does the main source of teaching come from the TestOut software? Thanks

They must have changed that course.

It used to be that you learned everything from the book Intro to Networking Basics, 2nd edition, by Ciccarelli.

You will need access to TestOut Network Pro, which is the source of all of the course information.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pqIr...8eu5c9ubz8

"When you click the TestOut Course link for the first time, you will need to enter your product code. Use the instructions found in the same section of the course to purchase access. Once you have made your payment and entered the product code, you will have access through the same TestOut Course link."

Looks like they are going to make you pay for it. Tell us how much it cost.

https://w3.testout.com/courseware/network-pro
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
Hmm, that seems like a better course than the older one, the content should be more current or relevant...
Wow, the discussions are worth 24% of the class! So many freebie points to get your grade up higher...

Online discussions (6)—24%
TestOut lab assignments (6)—36%
Final project—40%
Course Project Assignment 1—5%
Course Project Assignment 2—5%
Course Project Assignment 3—5%
Course Project Assignment 4—5%
Course Project Assignment 5—5%
Course Project Assignment 6—15%
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(05-13-2024, 11:48 AM)LevelUP Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 10:57 AM)ACI Wrote: Hello! I'm currently enrolled in the network technology class through TESU and I'm in my second week. However, I am unfamiliar with many of the concepts that the assignments ask me to write about. It seems like a prerequisite to understand these things because these concepts aren't being taught in class. I haven't been able to access the TestOut software yet so I asked the professor about that. Does the main source of teaching come from the TestOut software? Thanks

They must have changed that course.

It used to be that you learned everything from the book Intro to Networking Basics, 2nd edition, by Ciccarelli.

You will need access to TestOut Network Pro, which is the source of all of the course information.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pqIr...8eu5c9ubz8

"When you click the TestOut Course link for the first time, you will need to enter your product code. Use the instructions found in the same section of the course to purchase access. Once you have made your payment and entered the product code, you will have access through the same TestOut Course link."

Looks like they are going to make you pay for it. Tell us how much it cost.

https://w3.testout.com/courseware/network-pro

The TestOut Network Pro software they require students to have is $129.00. There doesn't seem to be a way around it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ACI's post:
  • LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 1,392 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Which class to take? ACI 6 473 03-27-2024, 03:35 PM
Last Post: AllThose299s
  BA Computer Science Final upper class to take Armstrong 17 1,528 01-11-2024, 01:04 AM
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 1,214 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
Question TECEP Study Tips For CMP-354 Network Technology udi 41 8,673 09-09-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Duplicating a Sophia Class dillpickles 8 739 07-11-2023, 07:52 AM
Last Post: dillpickles
  How to obtain a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Technology Lorvey 3 883 03-03-2023, 06:42 PM
  BACIS/BSSC TESU Class Advice dernsaw 5 884 12-13-2022, 01:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  TESU joins the ACE/Credly Prior Learning Network Pilot jch 5 1,166 12-02-2022, 12:31 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Study.com CompSci class order for TESU? CanICode 7 2,062 10-31-2022, 04:54 AM
Last Post: inf