Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a 94% on Network Technology TECEP!
Posting this here because no one else in my life will understand how thrilled how I was to ace this test. Even my wife just shrugged and said cool lol.
To preface, I’m previously Network+ and CCNA certified and use networking frequently in my day job so I do consider networking to be a very strong subject for me. However I would not have done nearly as well, maybe even failed, if I had not read the TESU suggested Networking Basics book. There’s just so many outdated terms in there and specific ways of explaining things that I had not encountered in my previous networking studies. Network+/CCNA will give you a great foundation for OSI, IPv4 addressing and subnetting, common port numbers, basic understanding of TCP/UDP, DNS, DHCP, and similar foundation protocols. They will likely NOT mention Manchester Encoding, Zigbee, distributed queue dual bus, thicknet vs thinnet these and a bunch of other random topics seem to be specific textbook. I suppose they were popular at some point but too out of date to be mentioned in a lot of newer networking materials.

The nerd in me did kind of enjoy reading so much history about how we arrived at our modern standards but practically speaking I think I’m very unlikely to need know many of those terms outside of this TECEP exam.
Still for like $200ish for 3 upper level RA credits it was very worth it for me. If you want to give yourself the best chance of passing definitely go through the recommended book. I felt the test matched to that most closely. I watched all the recommended videos and didn’t find them to be too relevant to the test. Those videos try to dumb down networking too much with analogies to the point where you don’t really get the understanding you need IMO. I did look for some 3G/4G GSM, CDMA, LTE YouTube videos because the recommended video is no longer available. I will say I got a couple questions on this topic so that was worth it. There’s not much on that topic in the book. There’s 3-4 pages in the book describing 802 standards. Definitely take notes on those pages in particular.

Cheers and happy studying
[-] The following 3 users Like azmusic's post:
  • jg_nuy, Jonathan Whatley, wow
Congrats! Great job, I guess you're going for the TESU BACS and need this as a CS or elective class, along with the RA credits towards the required 30 RA?
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(Yesterday, 07:06 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Congrats! Great job, I guess you're going for the TESU BACS and need this as a CS or elective class, along with the RA credits towards the required 30 RA?

Yes going for TESU BACS. I had enough RA already but needed this as UL AOS elective.

Now just 15 credits left. Planning to take the rest at TESU slowly with my employer’s tuition assistance.

Forgot to mention I got the textbook on Amazon marketplace used for $8 ha. Pretty solid

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TECEP dates wow 2 127 10-20-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: wow
  Network Technology Class ACI 3 474 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
Last Post: ACI
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 1,478 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 624 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 729 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
  CIS-1070 TECEP legenwait4itdary 6 739 02-29-2024, 07:54 AM
Last Post: RJ77
  TECEP for Enrollment optimisticCoder3 8 928 01-16-2024, 09:59 PM
  Recent ProctorU & Network Technology TECEP (CMP-3540) Experience AllThose299s 5 1,294 11-01-2023, 10:27 PM
  Free TECEP® Exams Available Now (?) doom 128 20,871 10-02-2023, 11:21 AM
  TECEP Planned But Not Registered/Scheduled mog538 8 837 09-27-2023, 10:58 AM
Last Post: rachel83az