Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250
24 equal payments shouldn't be an upfront cost, as long as you're able to pay it out, I like that part, especially when it says interest-free, I wonder which option would be best, I think either the 50% + finance 8 months, or 24 equal payments interest free. As long as you're able to 'handle' the charges and you get the program for $11,250, that's an awesome deal.
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(02-29-2024, 03:11 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: 24 equal payments shouldn't be an upfront cost, as long as you're able to pay it out, I like that part, especially when it says interest-free, I wonder which option would be best, I think either the 50% + finance 8 months, or 24 equal payments interest free.  As long as you're able to 'handle' the charges and you get the program for $11,250, that's an awesome deal.

The option 3 : "3 - Use a partner company called Splitit, which divides the full payment into 24 equal interest-free payments and places them as a hold on your credit card. As you pay it off, the hold goes down until it reaches zero."

As I know is the Splitit will pay the full fee to Upgrads first and then ask you to pay later with 24 installments.
Its means you are in Splitit's debt. I think its not different much with upfront charge option.
Upgrad already get lots of complaints for the upfront charge option - especially in India

And this option only available in the country which Splitit available.
I chose the Splitit plan. It doesn't impact your credit score and allows me to keep my funds invested longer. It works okay for me.

I would have rather paid as I took the courses and not be tied in, but I understand UpGrad would likely retain far fewer students that way over the course of a program.

S
On the Upgrad Vietnamese site https://www.upgrad.com/vn/dba-from-edgewood-college/
the price is VND 245000000 (which is 9900 USD), then plus 50% scholarship discount = 4950 USD, or I understand it wrong?
Those numbers would be correct. Getting that price if you are not physically in Vietnam may not be as simple. Clicking your link from the US redirects it to Edgewood and comes back 404. Connecting to a VPN in Hanoi and following the link did the same thing. To access the page I had to go upgrad.com/vn and manually navigate to the Edgewood DBA page. The number of scholarships is also limited and no mention of what one has to do to qualify for them was given.
Are there any other country sites for UpGrad that will provide even greater currency dollars than Vietnam? Something like Indonesia or similar?

(03-03-2024, 12:26 PM)Kalas Wrote: Those numbers would be correct. Getting that price if you are not physically in Vietnam may not be as simple. Clicking your link from the US redirects it to Edgewood and comes back 404. Connecting to a VPN in Hanoi and following the link did the same thing. To access the page I had to go upgrad.com/vn and manually navigate to the Edgewood DBA page. The number of scholarships is also limited and no mention of what one has to do to qualify for them was given.

oh Im in Europe I just cliked on that link, no prob for me, no vpn needed. The question is how they will verify that you are from which country though..
I think the verification would be through the address and telephone you provide them, they'll also need "ID" to match. What I suggest is to get in contact with UpGrad and see what documentation is required (if it doesn't show on the webpage already). If you are going on vacation anytime soon, and can get a VN address po box plus the telephone number, and whatever else they need (like a temp visa permit showing you'll be there for a year or longer as a resident), then that may suffice.

(03-03-2024, 12:50 PM)FrHaseKopf Wrote:
(03-03-2024, 12:26 PM)Kalas Wrote: Those numbers would be correct. Getting that price if you are not physically in Vietnam may not be as simple. Clicking your link from the US redirects it to Edgewood and comes back 404. Connecting to a VPN in Hanoi and following the link did the same thing. To access the page I had to go upgrad.com/vn and manually navigate to the Edgewood DBA page. The number of scholarships is also limited and no mention of what one has to do to qualify for them was given.

oh Im in Europe I just cliked on that link, no prob for me, no vpn needed. The question is how they will verify that you are from which country though..

Part of the application process will involve submitting copies of current government-issued ID.

S
(03-03-2024, 08:33 AM)FrHaseKopf Wrote: On the Upgrad Vietnamese site https://www.upgrad.com/vn/dba-from-edgewood-college/
the price is VND 245000000 (which is 9900 USD), then plus 50% scholarship discount = 4950 USD, or I understand it wrong?

Im from Vietnam. Let me check with them

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South College DBA cc95 91 7,292 09-17-2024, 06:46 AM
Last Post: cc95
  South College DBA Journey Completed maxxor6868 8 432 09-07-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  South College announces competency-based DBA jsd 112 20,929 04-08-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 12 1,711 04-06-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Competency-Based EdD at South College sanantone 39 13,644 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: maguirewj
  UpGrad DBA Golden Gate U - 70% scholarships for 5,000 students smartdegree 81 14,172 02-22-2024, 12:33 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 6,237 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
  New Video from South College about CBE Doctorates NotJoeBiden 0 601 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  New DBA on Upgrad by ESGCI OtterDen 34 6,959 09-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 3,994 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM