Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
South College DBA
This thread is intended to document my DBA journey and hopefully answer any questions or help others on the way whenever possible. I expect time will be limited because I do work full time, volunteer, have 5 children, and am caring for a sick mother at the same time.
4/2024: Spoke to admissions, signed up. Keeping an eye out for enrollment links and the CBE orientation course.
[-] The following 3 users Like cc95's post:
  • Darknigh7, datby98, Jonathan Whatley
Good luck!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
Good luck. Which specialization are you doing?
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
[-] The following 1 user Likes freeloader's post:
  • cc95
All my best wishes!
[-] The following 1 user Likes datby98's post:
  • cc95
(04-24-2024, 09:34 PM)freeloader Wrote: Good luck. Which specialization are you doing?

Organizational Leadership.

Thank you for your well wishes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cc95's post:
  • GoodYellowDogs
today there is a fireside Chat with CBE president, anyone interested can also sign up https://south.zoom.us/meeting/register/t...gistration
[-] The following 1 user Likes FrHaseKopf's post:
  • Darknigh7
Congrats on applying, hope to see more info and updates on this program, good luck, have fun!
Study.com Offer https://bit.ly/3ObjnoU
In Progress: UMPI BAS & MAOL | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: ASU Global Management & Entrepreneurship

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I wish you luck. I am in the dissertation right now, and the school has gone to absolute shit in the last 2-3 months. There was a massive expansion of students, not enough professors, and many "veteran" professors quit. It's pretty crazy. I completed the first nine classes in the first term, and my dissertation is going into month 5, with about 3 of the months just waiting for grading/feedback. I wish you luck.

One of the resigning professors also told me that their accreditation was going for review early because of several complaints that they were not meeting the standards set by SACSCOC. She said that based on what she knows and how they set the courses up, they were not up to standard, and she expects them to lose it for the CBE doctorate programs. Now, she was pretty pissed at South management for some shadiness they did, so that could have been a tall tale. I only want to be done with them and never look back.
DBA Organization Leadership - South - Expected April 2024
BA Political Science and History - UMPI - 2022
MS Cybersecurity & Information Assurance - WGU - 2021
BS Computer Science - Park U - 2018
MBA Public Administration - CSU - 2016
BS Management - Park U - 2010
AAS Communications Technology - CCAF - 2008

CEH/CHFI/SEC+/NET+/Proj+/CISSP
[-] The following 4 users Like kidneysmasher's post:
  • cc95, Darknigh7, GoodYellowDogs, ss20ts
(04-25-2024, 05:27 PM)kidneysmasher Wrote: I wish you luck. I am in the dissertation right now, and the school has gone to absolute shit in the last 2-3 months. There was a massive expansion of students, not enough professors, and many "veteran" professors quit. It's pretty crazy. I completed the first nine classes in the first term, and my dissertation is going into month 5, with about 3 of the months just waiting for grading/feedback. I wish you luck.

One of the resigning professors also told me that their accreditation was going for review early because of several complaints that they were not meeting the standards set by SACSCOC. She said that based on what she knows and how they set the courses up, they were not up to standard, and she expects them to lose it for the CBE doctorate programs. Now, she was pretty pissed at South management for some shadiness they did, so that could have been a tall tale. I only want to be done with them and never look back.

Wow that's a pretty brutal review. My wife graduated from VUL and they also had similar complaints. Looks like they are using these to do a fast cash infusion without setting up the operations for growth. I guess I'll do the coursework as fast as possible, in case it's transferable to a ABD or similar, in case they do go under.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cc95's post:
  • ss20ts
The glass half full view is that if the school went downhill in 2-3 months, they're probably not too many steps away from recovering.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  South CBE may not be the best choice him22 14 1,235 3 hours ago
Last Post: Heartstrings
  South College DBA Journey Completed maxxor6868 8 414 09-07-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: maxxor6868
  Edgewood College/UpGrad DBA; potentially $11,250 freeloader 96 15,395 08-29-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: prinalkapadi
  South College announces competency-based DBA jsd 112 20,852 04-08-2024, 10:14 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  South College-CBE Programs JourneyMan 12 1,684 04-06-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Competency-Based EdD at South College sanantone 39 13,587 04-03-2024, 09:24 AM
Last Post: maguirewj
Photo Mexico San Miguel PhD and Poland Jagiellonian College DBA NOT WES! Jack Ma 37 6,184 02-18-2024, 07:55 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  New Video from South College about CBE Doctorates NotJoeBiden 0 593 02-14-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Cost of South College DBA program? EducationSeeker 16 3,961 08-09-2023, 08:01 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  South College - EdD Program jb0433 19 5,250 03-01-2023, 03:59 PM
Last Post: cc95